Current Stack

What's up guys and gals ?

Wish I was at home finishing up th blade itself but I just got a 347$ consumers bill so I'm pounding out a 12 hour double time shift.

This stack is truly the worst thing I’ve seen posted here. Maybe you should invest your time in video games.

I don't mean to direspect or offend anyone but why do you guys choose to buy physical copies of books when you can buy digital (which is cheaper) or just download a pdf for free.

Are they for display, or do you think that staring at a screen for ours will make you blind ?

I modded my snes classic

Might do a chrono trigger run soon here.

But working around 70 hours a week right now.

But hey , I'm glad you hate my stack .. thanks for being a bully.

I like the feel of a physical book.

It's not like I have expensive hobbys or anything so it's not a big deal.

All I do is work and come home to my family.

Sitting in my lazy boy with a nice book is so comfy.

I do own a kindle too though

>You can read the book wherever you want
>Get away from screens
>Looks nice having a shelf of books you have read
>Digital is for plebs

It's basically like vinyl hipsters over in /mu/. No difference.

Current stack for the first few months of 2018 here.

To get away from the Screen

Milo is the only finished book in my stack

Have you read it yet ?

I really enjoyed It .. trying to get my wife a little more interested in politics .. she agreed to read it at some point.

Wow, you have a stack worse than OP's, that's quite an achievement.

Is the Murray book as pseud as it looks?

I'm currently reading The Confessions by Augustine. My next books in line are:
Fear and Trembling, The Sickness Unto Death by Soren Kierkegaard
Discourses by Epictetus
Discourse on Method, The Meditations by Descartes
In what order would you recommend i read them?

>how to read books
>meme right
>Joyce
>m'lady-core

No it's not pseud in any way.

This is a troll stack thread.

Op here.

Not trolling.

That's my stack and I'm excited to finish it all. 1984 is a reread and milo is finished .. on page like 400 of the blade itself

Seems like a good stack. Throw the "how to read" books out the window.

truly awful thread

Agreed. I’m just waiting for the Ron Hubbard book stacks to start showing up.

Whys that ? I am actually pretty excited to dive right into it.

Scored these for $27

This is probably the most pathetic shelf I've ever seen on Veeky Forums

>video game manual
>white power
>WW2 nazi autism
>pristine unread entry-level novellas
>Art of the Deal
>shitty fantasy

Picked up a few new books today:

Cancer ward
Day in the life of Ivan D
The inner circle
Buddenbrooks I & II

Confirmed pseudity

You would hate me even more if you seen all the other fantasy I have on the shelf .. but I'm ok with that

I’m not in my house right now, but the stack would consist (I don’t really have them stacked, they are in my shelf, I’m not autistic) of:
>Siddharta (currently reading it)
>The Trial
>The Metamorphosis
>The Idiot
>Doktor Faustus

entry level but acceptable depending on publisher/edition

nice

Confirmed lacking knowledge yet commenting on things which he knows nothing about

Everyone criticizing ebook screens has never read a kindle, there is no strain on the eyes from the screens of modern e-readers. In terms of cost, I find ways to torrent most books for free or find direct download links in share threads like the ones we have here, so kindles are also economically superior (unless you happen to have a good library near you that actually stocks new releases that are worth their weight in salt, which is unlikely in my area.)
I do prefer the “feel” of a book. As much as it sounds like bullshit, it does provide an unnecessary luxury of comfort however I do not believe it enhances my reading experience but will tend to be a distraction in more cases. Kindles are just words on a screen and for me that makes it easier to focus. I can only put so much value on the aestheticism of physical books at the expense of convenience of space, price, and efficiency but with that being said I do have an extensive physical collection of my favorites, or books I simply can’t find in digital format or simply can’t be read in digital format, such as certain text books or books with many footnotes or experimental books with house of leaves type format. I find no excuse however to actually purchase with money a physical copy of a classic work readily available from any library in the world.

No offense dude, but you create the alt-right virgin stereotype you see on the news that makes other conservatives cringe

user , But I'm married with 2 beautiful children

Then please extol the merits of it

>Milo
>part-time alt-right dipshit detected

Upboat

Upboat

Upboat

Same for me. It isn't so much for eye strain or anything like that. It's purely psychological. My attention span goes up when it's physical paper.

Currently reading the Foundation series, considering dropping IJ, already dropped HtWFaIP. I've taken a break from Meditations, but will finish it next.

Depends if your political compass clouds your rational judgment.

He's apparently reading The Handmaid's Tale though, lol

Sorry for the shit tier camera

Please tell me you've at least read Gulag Archipelago?

Bottom is "The Island of Sakhalin" by Chekhov is anyone was struggling to make it out.

I actually agree with you--OP might be the biggest faggot I've seen post on this board in weeks

Fucvking kys faggot

>needs books on how to read books
>fell for the ayn rand meme
>milo
least gay stack posted so far
enjoy not having fun reading these
pleb roulette
Is Grossman good or just another Israeli writer meme?

>Please tell me you've at least read Gulag Archipelago?
Nope, but that one's on my list too.

politics is a meme

>enjoy not having fun reading these
Thanks, but from what I've heard I have this feeling I'm going to enjoy at least some of them.

best stack posted so far

Epictetus - > Descartes - > Kierkegaard

if you bought these books because you're edgy, you're a dummy. if you bought these books for the memes, you're a dummy.

the Adler book is the best one in the stack...

Mistborn good man... or teenager XD

Stack from last time. Only halfway through as I got distracted and ended up reading a bunch of other shit as well.

Reddit spacing and shit taste?
Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Roast me

>doesn't believe in God

Also wtf is up with the small WoN? Is it only book one or something?

Thanks. Any good reason why that is the best order?

chronological desu

Do you listen to a podcast by skipping around to arbitrary sections of the conversation?

only this one
It's the first book I bought in like 8 years or so

>Yiannopoulos
>Trump
>Abercrombie
If you are reading this without having to, but out of your own interest, please proceed to fucking kill yourself you imbecile fuck.

(((((((((((Attention: Patrician coming through.))))))))))))))

This is my most recent purchase. Currently about to finish up Book II of Emile.

On Conics Books V - VII is in the mail.

Im agnostic atheist. I don’t go around bashing godly folk or anything and I can acknowledge that belief and structure of religion are beneficial in many respects.

The wealth of nations I think is an abbreviated case study booklet or something, I named a few books for Christmas and that’s what I was given so I guess they got the cheapest version lol

Because I work in a SCIF and cannot bring electronic devices in.

Decent stack desu until Dawkins, switch it for the Extended Phenotype

PDFs are awful, if you're making a case for digital don't use PDF as an example.

Lazy fucking CT.

Thread redeemer

that's a fun stack. enjoy yourself user

yes entry/beg-tier stax pls no bully

Your wive’s children have nothing to do with this.

Are there any other books on architecture that you'd recommend? I've always loved the subject but avoided buying books on it because most are ridiculously expensive.

>2018
>still insisting on cumbersome physical media
You do know that for the price of all of those books, you could invest in an eReader and never pay for a book again? Fucking retards.

Trump is mildly excusable given he's currently in charge of one of the most dangerous countries right now. It's beneficial to try to understand his thought processes.

Sorry about the poor quality of the photo.

that's the worst translation of democracy in america.

>>You do know that for the price of all of those books, you could invest in an eReader and never pay for a book again? Fucking retards.
Yeah these inexpensive purchases are really pushing me to the edge of bankruptcy.

I buy most of my books at library sales, and thriftstores. It's not like buying books is killing my wallet.

>The Conquest of New Spain
That was a very fun read desu

digi-stack

do people actually stack up books they're planning on reading like that? why not just keep them on the shelf until you're literally holding the damn thing to read it then put it back? can you not remember which you want to do unless you stack them? in that case maybe you're ready for big boy books

Screens are fucking gay. I like physical pages.

I generally read more than one book at a time, and keep those in a stack.

C O M F Y :3

Do you like the 3d glasses that came with it user?

>Grapes of Wrath
>Handmaid's tale

and...

>Trump and Milo

Why do you read anything with political ideas like that? You aren't even a refined conservative like Buckley; your political heroes are literally retarded, have nothing new to offer...

Not everything is available for free, and like hell I'm paying for a digital book. Further, sometimes the conversions from PDF to different formats don't work correctly and it looks like shit on the device.

Any book with diagrams/charts/maps/etc is very hard to read on an e reader.

Can't wait for the movie!

I feel cheated that mine isnt 3d :(

All second hand

This is an incredibly embarassing thread.

Just googled supreme city. Looks good, gonna try to find it. Thanks user

Stack, I meant. OP's stack is embarassing.

I'm reading it now. Good boom to ease back into Veeky Forums with

yikes

2 different books on how to read books. brainlet