Has a book ever made you cry?

Has a book ever made you cry?

Yeah

unironically, one of the volumes (I think 10?) of DBZ where they were on Namek and Freezey shoots Vegeta in the chest, killing him
I was like 7

Quixote, because I laughed hard

unironically Lolita

yes

same but when the doggo gets happy to see Odysseus, wags his tail then dies ):

Only.music makes me cry desu and not from sadness

Sorry, I deleted my post to make corrections.

Odyssey. When Odysseus finally kills all the suitors, and he and his wife stand there coldly looking at each other because even though they've been wanting to see each other for years so intensely, they've become so used to being apart that when they're actually reunited it's a jarring and alien experience and neither can embrace the other.

Lilith, when the girl gets killed by her mother
Brothers Karamazov, when the defense was giving his final speech, and during the little kid's funeral

One. A fanfiction. I didn't know the movie The Deer Hunter at the time and what I read was a retelling of the russian roulette science (within the universe of the fanfiction).

It cracked me a tear.

first time i reread crying of lot 49 after my dad died, at the end of chapter two when "Your little eyes have seen your daddy for the last time"

Most recently, the Epic of Gilgamesh made me cry. The fact that they beat two immensely powerful monsters and then Enkidu just falls ill and slowly dies while cursing the world for taking him out of the wild. The line where Gilgamesh says he wept and didn't bury Enkidu until he saw maggots coming out of his body made me cry

Stoner

>But what did he expect?

Ending of C+P, was that just me?

S K Y L A R K

The wild boys by Burroughs made me tear up a lot.

I genuinely don’t know why, it just happens some times

Yes. Virgin suicides, never let me go, mason and Dixon, smugglers bible, Lincoln in the bardo.

Is it actually funny? I feel like humor often gets outdated much quicker than anything else

steinbeck makes me cry like a bitch

Even Hitler regarded Don Quixote as one of the best books of all time. No doubt influenced by Schopenhauer though

I just finished part 1, and It is funny, and I hardly ever think things in books are funny

I can't cry over books, because all of my tears are to busy falling over my life.

Anna Karenina, the proposal scene where she says yes.

Unconditional Surrender (third book of the Sword of Honor trilogy by Evelyn Waugh) at Guy's internal monologue during the funeral.