I'm in love with my PhD supervisor...

I'm in love with my PhD supervisor. It's likely he has feeling for me back from the way he interacts with me however nothing can happen. I need a book to make me feel even more bitter and sad about it, à la Stoner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18OCCAqlx7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

#metoo'd

What do you mean? Could you greentext your story? I'm in need of heartfelt romance stories. I'm even watching La La Land.

Try Atonement.

>inb4 you get "harassed"

didnt nabokov write a story where a professor was gay fucking one of his students

Just write her a poem, bro!

Theres such a thing as critique circles? I want to go to something like this.

>you may find you prefer this buck to your boyfriend or cuck
Holy shit my sides. OP, I doubt you're autistic enough to approach this but of anything happens please update us.

When autism becomes heroism

Did he? I'm a woman I'm afraid.

It's not really heartfelt.
>As soon as I joined the university as an undergraduate we clicked and got on well - same music taste, same books, same hobbies, same opinions. We both stick out in the department so it was nice to find someone I clicked with so well.
>We hung out whenever possible.
>Supervisor in last year of Undergraduate, what were meant to be 30 minute meetings turn into 5 hours long.
>Offers PhD to me.
>Take it. Now spend all day, every day with him. He cancels other commitments so we can spend more time together.
>Tell him my most intimate feelings (not involving him), and vice verse.
>Go to lectures and talks together, we hide if someone else from the department turns up.
>One of my best memories is sitting on the train with him with his hand placed on my leg. That's the only time we've touched.
>Now it's the time to start considering Post-Docs and I'm scared of leaving him but I'm terrified of telling him my feelings in case he doesn't have any back.

There's much more however I'm terrified he/ someone we know lurks on here and I get found out.

Nigga that guy loves you, man, but he just be playing cool. Get some balls and make a fucking move.

You sound like a dumb normie roastcunt whore. Kill yourself immediately.

why can't plebs into meter, it's not that hard

My god.... HA!
Sorry user - I'm not quite that autistic! I'm a TA myself for the extra money so have actually had creepy undergraduates come up to me.

fuck him and then turn him in

He probably has similar feelings but knows that it's inappropriate to become involved with his advisee.

Even so write him a poem, my nigga

That was what I was thinking.
No, that's quite alright Mr. NEET.

Still looking for those book suggestions anons.

wow.

Not a book but the graphic novel Blankets

Do EXACTLY the opposite those two pieces of shit cunts did. THE OPPOSITE

youtube.com/watch?v=18OCCAqlx7k

>graphic novel
kys pleb

Sorry, but it applies to her situation

That’s not how PhDs work, user

How come? He was offered funding for one PhD student from the University as he had gained a big research grant, so he gave it to me.

Committee would still have to approve of you to ensure that you’re not a mediocre — which I suspect you are — candidate and “favoritism” isn’t involved regardless of his “preference” for you. So quit your bullshit worldbuilding and stop cluttering the catalog.

There was an interview yes but I'm a stemfag so supervisor and co-supervisor have final say.

>One of my best memories is sitting on the train with him with his hand placed on my leg
You're basicaly married. Go for it!

>Still looking for those book suggestions anons.
Children of Hûrin

Is that how non-stemgods function? Sad.

Women having feelings for their superiors, especially when they have to spend a considerable amount of time with them 1 on 1 is really common. Are you aware that the romantic feelings you hold are moreso dictated by your hypergamy rather than a genuine fascination with him as a person?

>Nothing can happen
>I'm terrified of telling him my feelings in case he doesn't have any back

Which is it, actually impossible or just regular scary?

As long as nothing happens it's a story about falling in love. As soon as something happens it's a story about falling out of love. Do nothing, it's more romantic this way.

user, PhD adviser and their students fuck all the time and have relationship. Be careful that he is not using you though, since it is also a common practice.

Hell hath no fury like a male virgin

is he married, OP? from what you write, it sounds like he's single, in which case go for it. maybe don't you two make it public until after your schooling is over.
If he's married, then the hand thing sounds like he's dtf but you'll never be more than the other woman. He may say "we're getting a divorce" but that's what he _has_ to say. Even if true (it's not) it's a meaningless statement.
If you're OK with being the other woman, then that's only cool if you've met the wife and it's obvious she's a right cunt. otherwise you (and he) suck.

Think of how much more work this guy would get done without OP there to tempt him. Truly they confound both sacred and secular pursuits. Stand strong against the evil one and his Jezebels, brothers

I feel the same way for my milf supervisor. Is it easier to have a student prof relationship if the genders are reversed? Also how significant are shoulder pats and her sending me funny youtube vids over our work email?

also if he has similar taste to you what's to say he's not reading this thread at this very moment?

I'm OP's supervisor, and you're right ;) OP if you see this, I'm 100% DTF

she wants the D, quick, send her pics of your veiny cock

gotcha, hope you're right about this.

Remember to write a poem on it first

about my dick or about her?

Both.

If you can't incorporate both you don't deserve her

actually i'm op's supervisor - op call, me we can talk about this, maybe it won't be awkward

Haha sure! No, he won't know what Veeky Forums is. He is very sheltered - I have had to teach him how to use Amazon before (he isn't old - just odd).

a STEM prof that doesn't know how to use the normie internet? That doesn't wash

your skin like the docks of Dublin
bustling too and fro
with the loud and lusty calls of seamen
yet soft and white as with winter snow
give home to my ship
as drafty and girthy as it is
you make me welcome no matter the weather
science our cargo
let me place my own in your eternal storehouse
i am yours forever

good or no?

I've done some cringy things when I was younger but at least it didn't get this bad.

bumping my love poetry

This justifies the existence of Veeky Forums

>still no books with romance posted

anyone got anything for straight guys? i don't even care if it's pleb shit. i liked the romantic part of 1984 and that stephen king jfk book.

stupid roastie, he's a man and he put his hand on your lap. you must have some form of female autism or something, he's obviously interested.

La Tregua by Mario Benedetti
It must have been translated to English already.

He likes you, user. Fuck him.

What are you writing your thesis on?

>Books with romance
J E R U S A L E M D E L I V E R E D

This is why I want to get into Academia

Definitely not.

Finish the PhD then ask him out. He's probably just holding back to avoid conflict-of-interest and/or sexual harassment accusations.

I'm not "in academia" but as a grad student banging undergrads was like shooting fish in a barrel. I highly recommend it.

Where do you meet undergrads? I go to class and never talk to anybody. I go to clubs, but they don't have girls (fencing, philosophy)

Stupid roastcunt will just develope stockholm syndrome for her supervisor when that happens and cry to him about how the last guy was a creep who tried to molest her

*for her next supervisor

fuck off to tumblr with this shit, retarded womyn

revolutionary quads

My current bf was my English teacher in high school. We never did anything till I graduated, but it can work.

fuck maybe I need to get into teaching

You can't actually be creepy about it. My bf was very professional, but friendly and liked me because I was the only one who actually read the books we studied, and would talk to him about them.

An Education probably came from a novel id imagine.

How did he ask you out?

He gave me a first edition of Heart of Darkness (the book we'd bonded over since it was set and no one else liked it) with a love letter hidden in the back at awards night.

lemme guess, he likes interracial cuckolding? funny bit bruh.

I'm assuming you're both men since every male English teacher is gay and that is a scientific fact.

>I need a book to make me feel even more bitter and sad about it
Disgrace by Coetzee

fat roastie cunts

>Hell hath no impotent fury like a male virgin
FTFY

nice figures to be honest.

I would be professional as fuck, and wait for the end of your professional relationship to start anything
>I personally work in a place where I have had feelings for a person for 7 years, not close to your level of promiscuity though, but I will never pollute my workplace because of it and instead rather have a girlfriend I'm trying to convince myself I love whereas I think she's hardly smart enough to fit me but still she has a good heart so what gives

>shes not hardly smart enough to fit me
All the memes and shitty books were right; men in academia rapidly approaching middle-age are soulless and pathetic.

If they go into academia, they were soulless and pathetic long before middle age. Anyone disagree? Well, drop your address in the reply box if you're squared up and we'll settle this like men. Oh, no? Didn't think so, academcucks. [lunges at you and you flinch]

I dont work in the academia at all, in the private sector having an all right salary.
I mean it regarding the smart aspect, she knows it, I'm better educated, have more knowledge, and where I am in life proves it, she's still struggling to have a solid position in life whereas she's going to be 30 soon, she just beats me in the human aspect of things, she's more human than me.

>she beats me at the human aspect of thing
I won't bother trying to convince you that intelligence is a multifaceted thing and this particular woman - by your own admission - has got your number in some departments. I also won't argue that it isn't entirely possible to be "too smart" for someone else, because it actually is.

I will point out, though, that maintaining such a relationship is soulless and pathetic as hell, and stand by my previous statement. I'm just not sure who is more pathetic - the man keeping a living onahole around because he can't stand to not have sensations of intimacy, or the woman putting up with it for whatever reason.

Also, you used greentext incorrectly in your first post.

I absolutely agree with your diagnostic. My history with women has not been glorious, and I've always failed at being with a woman I actually loved. It never happened to me. At some point I made the mistake to drawn myself in a sex relationship only with a clever but ill minded woman, I lost 5 years with that shit, ended with a severe mental breakdown. So I told myself "okay this one is a really nice person, maybe it will be enough and I don't want to spend my life chasing a woman I would be mad in love with"

Yes I know this is miserable. A waste !!

Holy fuck.

>rhyming fro with no

As one of your peers at the University (in the same department) I just want to say you utterly disgust me. You make me feel like Professionalism is dead. Go suck a dick to get ahead, because THAT is what everyone will see you as, not the scholar you think you are, or want people to think you are. You will always simply be that grad student who sucked her advisors dick to get somewhere.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

bait. post proof or gtfo.

Not bait. Anyone who isn't fucking the Professor will think this. And it will spread to all departments.

Not every autist can into love.

>doesn't mention university
>doesn't even mention the department
>doesn't even mention the state or region to which the uni belongs

user, I was fucking your whore of a mother last night. I'm not going to give you any other proof, details or any relevant information for my claims other than she made me cum buckets.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

>replies, with no proof
gtfo, go check on your mother

Funny story.

This guy I know is suing his former advisor as of two days ago because she broke of their relationship, became very critical of him, and he had a breakdown and dropped out to go live elsewhere

In the US, do you also sue somebody if you hear them farting ?

Not from the US

Everyone is from the US on this site

You tards, I don't actually go to the OP's university. I was making a point, a point that flew completely over your low brows.

Dude you sound like a huge fucking faggot, no offence. Talk about delusions of grandeur from the pond of mediocrity.

He's not wrong.

>Everyone is from the US on this site

only about 35-40% site-wide. on Veeky Forums, probably 25%.

>americans
>reading