Lit´s passions besides reading books?

tell me your passions and hobbies user

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC6HeE14KSv_Ls2qALTbmKuw/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this isnt /soc/

I like watching hockey and my home town team is doing really well this year.

good taste

Dragons

math
doodling
polynesian language and culture

In between researching for my dissertation and reading fiction, I enjoy watching and thinking about anime/manga

music
fashion

I like making experimental music. Its basically glorified pedal noodling but its still fun.

masturbating and shit-posting on the tubes

patrician taste

are you me? lol

fashion?

philosophy
esotericism
mathematics
opera
hunting
partying

hunting and fishing I guess. Don't remember the last time I did either though

watching sport, drinking and contemplating suicide

I'm obsessed with midieval, renaissance, and early modern history, especially art and literature but also the politics and warfare of that time, weapons, armor, fortifications, the noble families and their heraldry, the great leaders and legendary warriors and explorers, I could go on for days about it if I was so inclined.
I plan on going to school for archaeology this year.

Football

basically browsing Veeky Forums and trying to draw and failing

Same
As well as working out

skateboarding
super smash melee
guitar/drums
hiking
mountain biking

Origami
Graphic design
Puzzles
Mycology

I like running, music, learning about different kinds of stuff, meeting new people, travelling, occasionally playing theatre
>just ignoring a thread I don't like is impossible

twitch
fapping

math
music
agriculture

>agriculture
i fantasize pretty often about getting into that sometime
what do you do?

anime.

Egyptology (I learned Middle Egyptian in high school)
Experimental Jazz
Demonology
Abstract Mathematics
Botany

Marine biology

I'm currently studying undergrad in the city but in vacations I mostly do stuff in a farm.
I have planted Coffea, a few citrics (oranges and lemons), bananas and sugarcane.
I want to do some pisciculture but I can't do it right now.

Mostly drawing but a small amount of writing and coding.
Also animu/mango

citrus*

I put all time into my career. No need for bullshit hobbies.

what´s your career all about?

Can you recommend a good place to start about these subjects?

Reading isn't my passion. My only passion right now is finding out what my passion is.

Do you enjoy a sad and meaningless life

Get out
Patrician
Patrician
Get out, too
>t. brainlet
Patrician, though slightly gay.
Go away Yost.

Hanging out in the part of the library where all of the rich pre-med ladies study and take one home to leech off of because I'm a starving poet and artist

Dunno, vidya? movies? music?
And studying the rest of the time
A day only has 24 hours sadly

Im a doctor.

You derive meaning from stamp collection and skateboarding? Perhaps a meaningless life isnt so bad after all.

math
philosophy (mostly theology)
tennis
drawing (pencil, ink, charcoal)
makin music

whose your main? hugs winning genesis!?

you've literally never done that.

Sounds like living the dream life.
I would like to grow some plant or something edible inside (since I'm usually in my student dorm where I obviously have no garden), happen to have a suggestion where to start?
>that cute pic
wtf I love nazis now

kek, can you give me some advice about how to get laid? i don´t know how to comunicate with women

>judging people in this kind of thread
extremely gay

>besides reading books
reading books about books

I paint, work out, go to talks and discussions and enjoy the company of whores.

I love Italo Calvino

I "literally" have and it's more common than you think
In college it's a lot more straightforward, especially today. You both want to fuck. It's just a matter of making them comfortable and showing them you are someone who they can at least trust for a night or two.

dying

not real hobbies

How are painting and drawing not real?

>passion for something is not real because some random idiot on an ugandan painting board said so

t. doesn't do anything except posting on Veeky Forums

I paint, read and watch films in order to hide my insecurities behind pompous postering.

>being this mad you were singled out
You probably including some weak shit like fucking "doodling" on your list. Get real.

I wasn't even in your list, just wanted to point out that you're an actual autist.

@10570517
>look mom, I replied to everyone

Was a pretty low effort post and a majority of it is in response people saying trash like masturbating and anime. I think you're the autist for caring.

that's what makes you/him an autist though, most of those you/he replied to were obviously not meant to be real hobbies

just basic things. math, games, explore, watching anime.

>instead of ignoring his post so that nobody does this again, let's all reply to him so everyone can see how to get easy (you)s
You are silly sometimes, Veeky Forums.

Lofi hip-hop vibing sessions, exercise, and laughing until my head tips under the desk at stupid videos (just any, anything at all. a.k.a I love wasting my time for my emotional benefit)

Good taste. London?

Playing sax, lifting, medicine, maths

i like u

Videogames, music, programming, women.

Writing Off-Broadway plays

Playing the trombone and keyboard in jazz band, playing harmonica

Cross country skiing, mushroom hunting, bird hunting, canoeing, and hiking

hmm I guess the best place to start is to pick an important person or place or period you're most interested in and look for all the information you can find, as you read you'll see references to other people and places or events, you should then look for information about those subjects, which will lead to other things, and so on until you have a good base of knowledge about the era you were interested in. unironically wikipedia is a great tool for this as they will usually have a simplified history or timeline of events and info and when you see a name or place that you've never heard of you can click the link and read that subjects timeline, it's not perfect but it's a good place to start.
for books..
the 100 years war encyclopedia is an amazing source for midieval warfare and politics, but it's like $150 iirc
for early modern (or early 17th century) war and politics I'd recommend Europe's tragedy, a new history of the 30 years war, it doesn't cover everything but I think it's a good starting point for that period.
and there's tons of good literature from the high renaissance and 17th century, like Dante, Machiavelli, and Petrarch to name a few well known examples (also I'm currently reading Leviathan by Hobbes and I like it so far)
as for art I'd say just start by googling midieval or renaissance art and find an era or an artist you like and search from there
I'd like to say also that I am not an expert on any of these subjects, just someone who is very passionate about the period, and I'd recommend you ask others who are knowledgeable about the time for their recommendations as well.

Walking in nature
Yoga/Meditation
Chess

I wish I could play as well as this chink
I wish I had been taught piano from an early age youtube.com/channel/UC6HeE14KSv_Ls2qALTbmKuw/videos

I forgot to mention that if you're interested in heraldry there's a "wappenwiki" that has a huge database of heraldry and coats of arms, organized by regions and titles.

>I put all time into my career. No need for bullshit hobbies.
>post on Veeky Forums
rmmt

Surfing, skiing, listening to shoegaze, participating in my Christian community.

Monochromatic jigsaw puzzles, drinking Cola, spending time with my girlfriend.

I like to whistle, smoke tobacco from corn cob pipes, and identify flavors in scotch with a glencairn.

sounds comfy, please tell me you live in a log cabin...

Strength training.
Nothing better than hitting heavy squats/deads/bench then showering and getting nice n' cozy with a book and a big mug of coffee and maybe takin' a nappy.

Playing drums.
Looking at pitchers of girls real vaginas and doing BIG CUMS to my penis.

Until just a few months ago on top of literature my main hobbies were: Computer Programming, Video Games and Cycling
In the past few months however I have lost all interest in everything I once enjoyed apart from literature, I have become a misanthrope and am extremely unhappy as a result.
Any books for this feel?

Guns, cooking, crappy old jeeps and V8 motors.

Working through a computer science degree and probably going to do a phd. I've kept my grades super high but it's demanding and doesn't leave me a lot of free time, so I read books whenever I have an hour to burn. Also paint warhammer 40k very rarely and listen to a lot of music. Lately I've been getting into candles if someone can "get into" candles.

It's not exactly empathetic to your situation in particular by Hofstadter was always fun for me and recharged my curiosity in the world. Godel Escher and Bach is good but his essays in Metamagical Themas are good one off reads that can help you feel a little more excited to be in your own head.

Your passions are all more or less solitary pursuits. Being a misanthrope is lonely and feels bad a lot, but c'mon bro, are you SRSLY gonna fall to ur hands and knees and surrender to the pains of existence? Toughen up, ho. Let your despair give you strength.

Collect sell trade high end sports cards
Playing piano+guitar
Playing soccer
Cooking
Drinking whiskey
Weightlifting
Lose all my money in crypto
Biomed engineer by trade

I am a consumer of all amenities. A sojourner of all experiences, no one path lay under my tread, and I can never stay on one path for long. Fucking sucks, I never become a master of anything.

What sort of whisky do you like?

Let’s hear your hobbies user.

Gambling.
I'm in debt and get some kind of sick pleasure from it.

Cartoonist
Psychedelics
Watch film
Used to party and hang around the artsy scene but now I'm a recovering alcoholic and I pretty much just stay away from people

Hi dan

Firearms, military history, martial arts, outdoors.

Writing, learn languages which leads to reading books but that's fine, women

Every hobby I have in some way ties back to reading. I have an interest in birds of prey, but I can't exactly go out falconing, so I read about them. I feel very limited

how is the artsy scene?

You don't have to play piano at an early age to play like that.

Not him but it is quite hard to have time for learning piano when you have college and/or a job.

Are you literally me?