Does it ever upset you how little activity this board has? Even the popular threads have like 2 posts an hour

Does it ever upset you how little activity this board has? Even the popular threads have like 2 posts an hour.

I'm old and slowly dying so I enjoy the slower pace, and when individual posts aren't lost in an avalanche of throwaway or redundant replies, or eclipsed by more interesting ones

I like that it's slow

If it was more active it would be shit. You can see it already with the recent influx of people from /pol/

Not in the least little bit. The pace here and on several slower Veeky Forums boards is juuust right. You can funpost something and come back and see what was going on a few hours later, after a shift of work, etc. Exactly how writing works.

/b/ used to be browseable back when it was slower. It hasn't been browseable for about a decade (I want to /follow/ my shitposts!)

t. oldfig

This. The more popular the board becomes, the lower the post quality.

It's just slowpaced shit. Same questions every day
>low iq brainlet what's a book
>how do I concentrate
>is jordan peterson your lord and savior
>dae depressed
>can someone do my homework for me

I think it’s at the low end of what I’d consider an acceptable pace. Though sometimes when threads don’t change for an hour it’s kind of boring. Also Nadine was the worst character in that whole fever dream of a show.

It's already way too active, if you cut out all the brainlet posts Veeky Forums will move at 10% the rate it does now. Go get your conversational dopamine fix somewhere else red board babby.

It's too fast. Peak lit was years ago. Now it's nearly all shitposting.

Not at all, Veeky Forums is just right within the spectrum. You can actually have a conversation with a handful of people for maybe 30 minutes, leave for a few hours, come back and post in the thread which is now on page 4, and come back again the next day and everyone is back responding to what you said.

If its a slower thread itll be archived by then but thats usually for the best.

Wrong
>James

This. When I come here, I reply to all the threads with some weak associations just so that I can get a nice (you) from some well-read person.

unironically redeemed himself with that weird falsetto song

What do you read old man?

Nadine is the best character. James and Josie are tied for worst.

mm more shit to sift through sometimes means more gold but i feel you

how old are you? give wisdom pls?

Agreed, it used to be slow enough for most cross-boarding trolls to be discouraged. It might be nostalgia but I feel like the posts used to be slightly longer and more thoughtful as well.

>see a thread with one or two replies
>post something
>thread becomes lively
such a good feeling desu

nah. Veeky Forums is shit now

It feels way faster than it was a couple years ago

I think we should remerge with Veeky Forums. There isn't enough activity to justify two separate boards.

And I think we should also split off /phil/ as a /pol/ containment board.

Just occurred to me that the major /pol/ invasions started -after- Veeky Forums was formed. What's up with that? Shouldn't /pol/ and Veeky Forums be a match made in heaven?

heh, we never split to make Veeky Forums
it was supposed to be /phil/ to keep discussion there, but then stupid stupid redditors tried to oust the actual readers to Veeky Forums

so Veeky Forums got no good posters and Veeky Forums stayed around to bother people like you with greeks

if you apply either of your "good ideas" you'll just get a sperger who's read more canon than you telling you why you haven't read enough novels to stay here and why you should leave for /a/ or Veeky Forums or some where that doesn't require a knowledge of literature. it's not a "good idea".

(you)

At least there is less shitposting. Or it's same but slower, lmao

It's not that slow a board, user. Plus, I'd much rather see a slower board where people spent a little more time on their posts and articulating their thoughts and opinions than it delve into incessant shitposting.

However, Veeky Forums is probably a bit too active because we get a lot of shitposting here. It's not as quick as places like /mu/ or /tv/ but we're pootling along a bit too much.

DO U NO DE WEY TO A GUD BOOK MY QUEEN BRUDDAS LOL !

This. I remember finishing reading Gravity's Rainbow last year and I posted a thread asking what people thought of it, their initial impressions, interpretation ideas and just general Pynchon posting. The thread lasted longer than a week and it was full of enjoyable, quality posts from people just as enthusiastic with his work as I was.

Josie turning into a wooden door knob was cool though.

Different OldFog.
>Boredom is the Dream Bird that hatches the Egg Experience.
For a plausibility of what's become of Wisdom in these times read Walter Benjamin's essay The Story Teller. Then read both Montaigne's and Emerson's essays on Experience. Then meditate- or rather seriously consider what you've read.

That was the only noteworthy thing she did the whole series. She turned into a doorknob.

Pol doesn't like that Veeky Forums has sources to back up their statements. Pol gets torn to shreds on a regular basis in Veeky Forums.

Pretty noteworthy though. If they can write 'He turned into a doorknob' on my gravestone I'll count my life a success.

I wish it had the amount of posts as /tv/, just with little to no shitposting

Would You rather be invaded by shills and AIs like /pol/?

It's hard to talk about philosophy on phpBB boards because everyone is so damn agreeable. Admins always have a power rod firmly mounted upon by their anus so nobody's speculation gets shit on. At least here even if filters are gone and its 40% Jew theories I can say whatever I want. Even the possibility I might get banned doesn't really register in what is said

Veeky Forums is pretty much the perfect pace to be honest. It allows for semi-long term discussions over the course of a few days, but is also fast enough to get something out of sitting in a few threads and checking up on them between chapters.

It takes longer to read a book than to do pretty much anything that other boards are devoted to, so the pace is fitting

Fuck no have you even been to Veeky Forums? Jesus fuck no
It isn't a stretch to say it is literally half underage /pol/tards, and a fourth pure history autists

Yes, but at the same time, the more posters came here, the more shitposting would follow as well.

>influx from /pol
sorry, at least I'm growing. And I am getting a PhD so my credentials should add something...

Credentials in what? Browsing /pol/ honestly overrides that, it is so godamn stupid, and I used to be there everyday a couple years ago and no doubt it was gotten worse since

Really wish I know why she turned into a door knob

>does it upset you that people aren't talking about reading more
not as long as they're reading instead

I frequently post on /out/
Compared to that, Veeky Forums is as fast as /v/