Can someone explain the last chapter to me?

Can someone explain the last chapter to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

dune.wikia.com/wiki/Erasmus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The strange farmer couple are actually just robots in disguise. Mothafuckers been empiring up the past 60,000 years past the borders of known space and now they back with a vengeance.

but they're facedancers

get the fuck out of here, Anderson. you are not needed.

remember when Bijaz managed to force the first Duncan Ghola to remember his previous life?

"By the tank in which I grew! It can be done! I shall have my pasts -- all of them. It needs only the right trigger."

and

Marty called after him: "Gather up enough people and you get a big ball of knowledge, Daniel! That's what I'd have told him. And those Bene Gesserit in that ship! I'd have told them how many of them I have. Ever notice how alienated they feel when we peek at them?"

this is stupid made up bullshit

they are some sort of super demigod facedancers probably but that never gets explained because there are no more books and franky died

>there are no more books
I knew what I was getting into when I picked up Children, but it hurts to see it spelled out.

Ahh he- he- hem. May I refer you to F Boy's retarded child's reincarnation and bastardization of his father's enchanting fantasy?
dune.wikia.com/wiki/Erasmus

yes good job user, we all know about it but are just ignoring it.

I see. Since that's the case I have no other option than an immediate suicide.

>May I refer you to

you may, but i ain't clicking that shit, nigga.

i bought one of the Dune prequels - i forget which - read about half of it and then left it on a park bench in Frankston, for the seagulls to shit on.

don't expect us to pay for a ghola, either.

Alright, since the obvious has been stated. Let's get a discussion started.

What do you think would have happened with Frank continuing on? What do you think the end goal with the FaceDancers as enemies

Who do you think they would have rezed with the cells in the capsule?

I got a question, if the FaceDancer couple were actually releasing diseases to destroy the Honored Matre, why and why chase them back to the old empire?

i think the last bit is because the face dancers were slaves and they broke free of their chains and were retaliating

the masters were always careful to have total control over them and i think showed signs of serious fear at the thought of them being free

maybe things in the war would start going in reverse or something. up to that point it was all about developing tech to replicate the abilities of navigators and spic and to hide from prescience. with the ultra dancers maybe they would need to go back to some of their old ways somehow

or maube ot was the butleran jihad or whatever the fuck but in reverse. instead of machines ruining everyones shit it would be the boliological weapons they created doing it (viruses plagues and the facedancers)

That's an interesting concept. I know as more and more books went on it became more muddled by what Frank was hoping to achieve by writing them in the first place.

With the first one it was the dangers of letting religious fervor run wild and having humanity reach a new peak.

Probably with the last one it was about the inescapable past, and learning to reconcile with it as gholas and facedancers kept the past from completely fading.

I dunno I'm not very themed or subtext aware.

Well, enhanced face dancers acting independently would surely be threatening. Their numbers were implied to be significantly less than the Honored Matres, but despite that they were routed back into the old empire. I think a big part of their existence would to bring Scytale further into the story.
I have a feeling that Sheeana may have become a worm like Leto, they were alluding to that she was considering it. I'm not sure what could've happened that would influence that kind of decision, though.

It just drives me mad because he set up the capsule with all the cells where they could make a ghola out of anyone. I so wish we could have seen what Fran would have done with that instead of just jerking it like his son did.

the golden path is about not letting your society turn into a bunch of faggot soy boys and was supposed to break the cycle of heroic societies eventually decaying into one with limp wristed cuckbois and females having a place outside of the house

i think the battle against the new invaders could be a chance for everyone to give it everything they've got and fight tooth and nail so they can remember what its like to fight for survival (and be a man). you already had new heroes being forged in the fighting already like teg.

so a return to use of atomics, a return to building ai machines, trying to make more teg super soldiers like teg through torture (with the t-probe being something like the new fire box thing test)

god emperor was about trying to instill the spirit of rebellion into thr masses so they would refuse to be ruled over ever again but their wasnt much fighting, just riots and people peacing the fuck out of the known galaxy. this could be where they dig and and cooperate and fight

You really need to disconnect from /pol/, social media, etc., because you have difficulty articulating yourself without memes. It's stultifying and you are limiting yourself.

The golden path was about disseminating human kind throughout the universe to ensure the race's survival. No matter what happens, there would be a seed of humanity that would survive.

>i bought one of the Dune prequels - i forget which - read about half of it and then left it on a park bench in Frankston, for the seagulls to shit on.

his stated plan for thr golden path was to have total control over the society and have perfect peace because of it and to keep this phase until men didnt remember what it was to fight or have conflicts or even go hungry for a night was like. he also had the fish dancer be women to both emasculate men and because they were less likely to start trouble (again he didnt want anyone to experience hardships of any kind even bossy cops)

the next phase would be he would let himself be killed in a revolution which would cause society to completely collapse since everything relies on him and no one can take care of themselves. this would cause untold numbers of death from civil wars, looting, famine, etc. a true hell scape

the hope was that it would be so bad the human race "would remember it in their bones" and never become so centralized and dependant again ever

also fuck off faggot soyboy and go prep your bull

that was the end goal. the cause of the exodus was the shit storm caused by

>being this wrong

>God Emperor Leto II's stated goal was to "teach humanity a lesson that they will remember in their bones": that sheltered safety was tantamount to utter death, however long it would be delayed.

>In this form he guided humanity with an iron fist for three and a half thousand years, an intricately crafted design leading to the final stroke where he would ultimately use his own death to take The Golden Path even further.

>Moreover, The Golden Path saw humanity's physical attributes change, so that their reflexes, nervous responses and physical movements were significantly faster than during the time of the Faufreluches.

Re-read the series friend.

Also, being a married 29-year-old man with two white sons and having a woman-hating, sour grapes permavirgin with an internet addiciton call me a faggot soyboy is quite amusing, go on.

Everything he did was a means to an end
This was the goal and plan for the Golden Path, so Humanity was so spread out that nothing could bring them to extinction.

>The conflict between humanity's stated desire for peace and their actual need for volatility was the strong central theme of the entire Dune series, explored in every book after the first.

keep your heads down in the spice riots soy boys, wouldn't want something to happen to you ;^)

Bump.

i have a signed copy and would feel bad about doing anything to it. i have tons of shitty books on the shelves though

Do the books ever say how large the "known universe" is? Galaxy? More?

>Ever notice how alienated they feel when we peek at them?"

Does that mean that they disect the bene gesserit?

pretty sure the known universe is actually only a portion of the galaxy they are in

they mean look at them through prescient space vision or whatever the fuck

Multiple galaxies, hundreds of them. They talk about how the foldspace engines can take them from galaxy to galaxy in the blink of an eye, and that the old empire was a million worlds in size. That's a million habitable worlds

Do the books ever explain how in hundreds of galaxy there is no other intelligent life?

No, I think there is one mention that one of the reasons they stockpiled atomics is just in case there are aliens

Thanks bae

>However, some projections can be made based upon the known locations of stars and basic Dune history. The human race began on Old Earth and colonized numerous worlds around other stars. These ranged from nearby stars within 20 light years, to several stars 100-200 light-years away from Earth, and the furthest known colonized star of the Imperium, Beta Lyncis, which was 410 light-years away. However, even Beta Lyncis (and its planet Ishia) is well within the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. Also, it seems that the Old Imperium remained centered on the general region of Earth - consider that the Atreides and Harkonnen homeworlds, Caladan and Geidi Prime, were each about 20 light years from Old Earth respectively.

>Assuming that Dune takes place in the Milky Way Galaxy, it can be clearly surmised that the Old Imperium remained situated in the Orion Arm (even though Frank Herbert calls it a "multigalactic empire"). It is possible that there were outposts outside of this region, such as Tupile, or the Ixian colony which Leto II discovered through prescient vision. But for the most part, the pre-Scattering Imperium was in the Orion Arm.

i think only after the scattering did they get any decent size

>tfw no Totalwar: Dune to play as Padishah Emperor Franz and take back humanities rightful space clay from the space tranny heathens