How Veeky Forums is your city or hometown, user?

How Veeky Forums is your city or hometown, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/5252-top-10-literate-cities.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

On the one hand I live outside Dublin, on the otherhand where I live is a suburban nu-town with no soul

I'm the single source of Veeky Forums in my city. If this were Rome, I'd be Nero.

i live in Dublin, CA

Mine was named after one of the Fireside poets. It's definitely a Veeky Forums place to live full of tall trees and Quaker sentiment.

Cockloads of book stores in toronto. Always 5 women reading per subway train.

William S. Burroughs did a lot of old man shit here.
I used to live with a gay that told me about his weirdo habits

Ranked many times near the top or at-the-top of American surveys of most Veeky Forums cities using basic stats: number of libraries per capita, newspapers, bookstores, sales, other basic metrics. That said it's really just a comfy C-tier town but I like it here.

I've been in several dozen local book-getting places: I actually don't use the library systems that much apart from my alma mater but there's plenty of college libraries, a strong municipal library system that I should start availing myself of, a major university bookstore (the university has multiple on-site dedicated libraries including a math library I've used a few times as a visitor), three occult bookstores I can think of (got some Crowley), a literal communist basement bookstore where they have items of interest (got and read society of the spectacle and some as yet unread discount penguin Marx) , a paperback flea market in that one place, a musty sci-fi/mystery joint where I got a paperback anthology containing the original short story for The Thing, another quiet sci/fi/fantasy bookshop with reeeal good shit where I got four of those big H.R. Giger edgelord art books for a pretty penny. Good fun, very happy I moved here overall as I am a weird person who likes to go out and find books in places (or at the last resort have them ordered to places) as opposed to the amazon model.

Seattle. Most library card owners per capita, very highly educated population. But I never actually see or hear anyone reading anything but the latest self-help book or "startup" book or something SJW related.

also just an hour ago I rode my bike at night through the residential local area and a new bookstore has clearly just set up shop in a side suite. Will think about tomorrow, the shelves looked smart, don't know what they have.

Oh oh there's also this old joint that used to be downtown and they still are they just moved a few blocks. Old tall guy, got a math book there once. Lots of high-end/rare-ish stuff in the back but I never asked about that. Plenty of 100-$500-ish art books up front including one Robert Motherwell fetish object which I saw laying on the floor. I asked to see a science section and he conducted me into a disconnected basement area and instructed me to make sure the door latched when I was done. I'm sure he had a camera going down there but I was still alone in this basement area with hella books and inventory and lots of trip hazards. There was an interesting looking Anais Nin biography down there and the sunlight was coming in, reminded me of his old basement area in the old place 15 years ago where I got the little topology book. blogpost blogpost you can't stop me.

Charles Dickens and T. S. Eliot spent periods of their lives here. Jane Austen's brother lived here for a while, but googling leads me to believe Jane disliked the area.

>tfw lived in so many different places I don't know which to call my hometown

Third world, so make your conclusions

Hits close to home no pun intended

0 grew up in hick town

Baltimore sucks

Hello how is the crippling alienation treating you?

Auckland, so not very.

This is why I hate my parents, I just wanted a normal life.

It's not so bad. No need to blame them. I really do wish you the best. I hope things turn out well in the immediate time.

About as Veeky Forums as it gets in the U.S.A.
Town of 25k supports 3 used bookstores and 2 very good artisan bakeries.

>Tennessee Williams
>John Kennedy Toole
We have a few good writers here but most people here these days are basically illiterate

military kid?

i live about two miles from jane austen's house
having the residence of a famous author nearby tends to increase the Veeky Forumsness of the area

A poor city in Brazil, not at all.

Dublin. So it’s obnoxiously Veeky Forums.

>be from Burlington, Vermont

my town is full of hippies and pseuds, I want it nuked

Daytona Beach, so if it's not coming with an open bottle or a needle no one is going to pick it up. It's sad because we do have a cool ass independent book store that is now mainly for the hand full of people that do read and tourists.

I live in the Twin Cities, which is often ranked the most literate cities in the US:
livescience.com/5252-top-10-literate-cities.html

I live in a small city in Romania and i fucking hate it , there is shit to do here i want to get the fuck out of here

Cincinnati is hardly Veeky Forums from what I've experienced here so far. Only one good bookstore in the area. But cLOUDDEAD is from here so it can't be all bad.

I live in a quiet suburban neighborhood on the fringes of a once prominent great lakes city (no, not that one). At all hours of the night theres a nearly endless stream of people coming and going. Sometimes you see people in exotic cars that don't belong to anyone who lives here.

Im trying my hardest to get into Cornell Law so I can live in Ithaca.

>One good bookstore
Is it Duttenhofers?

Of course. You're not the guy I always see reading The Gulag Archipelago at Coffee Emporium are you?

No, unfortunately I attend Miami University and live in almost complete seclusion. Every few months I make the pilgrimage to Duttenhofers to pillage something to keep me going for a few more months. I only have one semester, is there anywhere else in Cincy you would recommend?

Ha, I grew up in bumfuck nowhere but we still had Harper Lee and Capote

Another Part of the Forest has a nice selection of books in their basement. The Mini-Microcinema screens some nice films if you're interested in movies, they're all free too. At the Taft there's this unfinished Turner that I have yet to see. I like looking at the old music hall across from Washington Park, because it reminds me of a German Rathaus. And the Bellevue Hill Park has the best view of the city at night, especially when fog hangs around the buildings and the lights. If you're interested in restaurants/bars I can give you a few too.

The capital next door outshines it.

>tfw live in a rural village with less than 3000 people

Thank you so much user, I'll visit them all. I adore Turner.

Pretty damn lit scenery wise, also marktwain lived in my hometown and frequently wrote about it.

Granada (the Spanish one)
I guess Lorca/10

Well, there are a lot of girls that say they like reading in their tinder bios