How to into Nietzsche

Currently trying to overcome eternal oblivion and existential dread/eternal oblivion. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

versobooks.com/books/2318-the-essence-of-nihilism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nietzsche is alright, but I'd rather go into Zizek because sniff sniff. Then, there's a guy Carneades on YouTube. He'll teach you some skepticism. After this, you could just give it time and let it simmer. You'll be out of the crisis in no time. (in about a year or two)

Start with the Greeks.

Start with The Birth of Tragedy.

Read a book that covers 18th century German Philosophy.
Like "German Idealism" or whatever, Fichte and Kant

You don't need Nietzsche for that. Just read the bible and keep watching JP lectures till you're ready to accept Jesus into your heart.

1 - Read De Rerum Natura.
2- Read Nietzsche, TSZ in particular
3 - Read Ungaretti: the Buried port, The Joy and The Feeling of time
4 - Read Deleuze's Nietzsche and philosophy.
5 - Then read Walt Whitman religiously.
6 - Realize that "death does not concern us"
7 - Stop browsing Veeky Forums
Optional step: throw in there some Kant and Hegel

This method is 100% scientifically true and empirically proved.

How about you stop being a faggot

Start off with Birth of Tragedy, then The Gay Science and Human, All too Human. Then go to Geneology of Morals, ans after that read Beyond Good And Evil. This all sets you up so that you can read Thus Spoke Zarathrusta. know and understanding most of the themes in the book.

its been a few years but iirc GoM was written to explain BG&E which was written in turn to explain Zarathustra.

Spengler and Yockey may be suitable

It's actually a good preparation to start out with some Greek texts first. Read the compilation "The First Philosophers" and some background texts on Greek tragedy, art and medicine. Then slowly work your way up through the works of Homer, Hesiod, Plato and Aristotle. It may seem like a lot of hassle but without this starting point you can hardly grasp any of what Nietzsche is saying.

reading Nietzsche won´t stop you from being an angsty faggot as he was one
read camus instead (i would´ve recommended satre but based on you post i can only assume you´re not ready for that) and aspire to bang pussy like it doesn´t matter cause it doesn´t matter

Lord no

Read A Very Short Intro to Nietzsche (Michael Tanner is an underdog of N studies ftw)

Then google Alexander Nehamas's Nietzsche course syllabus. Some Princetonfag put the whole thing on his blogspot not too long ago. It more properly excerpts thr readings. You're dumb if you just sit down and read all of GS or BGE and expect to understand the movement of concerns/the larger projects at hand/etc. Hence why a guided reading with supplementary material is ideal. It goes GS, BT, back to GS, TSZ, BGE, GM, and excerpts a bit from Twilight and Antichrist iirc. Ample readings from Kaufmann, Danto, and Clark (all godtier intro commentators). From there you could read Deleuze's book to begin seeing the centrality of the will to power, actually read WTP, and then go back and read everything chronologically. And from there read commentators like Heidegger, Derrida, Bataille, Bernd Magnus, Kathleen Higgins, Kofman, Schrift, Ansell-Pearson, Loeb, Gooding-Williams, et. al.

If that doesn't help, give the Breazeale translation of "On Truth and Lies" a crack.

turbopleb/slave morality detected

Read this,not nietzche

versobooks.com/books/2318-the-essence-of-nihilism

You fear that Oblivion because you misconceive reality

To be fair when i originally got in to Nietzsche, I had to read The first essay of GoM in a reader my school had. which led me to getting Kaufmanns translations of Nietzsches basic writings.

My sugesstion to the OP didn't take in to account secondary sources like yours. i don't Op to understand every thing in one go, I sure as hell didn't. That being said im going to go though some of those the recommendations that you listed in your post the next time i get the chance.

To be fair when i originally got in to Nietzsche, I had to read The first essay of GoM in a reader my school had. which led me to getting Kaufmanns translations of Nietzsches basic writings.

My sugesstion to the OP didn't take in to account secondary sources like yours. i don't Op to understand every thing in one go, I sure as hell didn't. That being said im going to go though some of those the recommendations that you listed in your post the next time i get the chance.

fuck im not sure why that posted twice.

>Alexander Nehamas's Nietzsche course syllabus
link?

I read Camus's the stranger and it was pretty relatable desu senpai.

If we are trying to extract ideas out of a philosopher like nietzsche, couldnt you potentially just read whatever you want from him. Is all the secondary and complimentary reading for people who arent able to grasp ideas at a certain depth?