I have Nietzsche, Kant, Plato and The Bible. What is the correct order for reading them? Chronological seems obvious...

I have Nietzsche, Kant, Plato and The Bible. What is the correct order for reading them? Chronological seems obvious, but I'm afraid The Bible would bore me.

Kant would bore you, Bible would intermittently bore you, Plato less, Nietzsche is consistently interesting.
Read Bible-Plato-Kant-Nietzsche.

dont be afraid to skip some books of the bible and cut to the good shit, theres plenty of it. kant will be a rough ride if you dont have some foundational knowledge of modern philosophy. plato and nietzsche have their own influences that would help your reading by familiarity but in general theyre both pretty easy and rewarding to just hop right into.

literally pick up on and open it and look at the words
stupid faggot

What's the good shit in the bible and why?

>reading something that bores you
Why

I blame Facebook for my toddler-level attention span, the book has nothing to do with it

Old testament - Platon - New testament

Just read Nietzsche last for fucks sake

You need to read Hume and Leibniz before Kant.

Switch Plato with bible and this is correct

You absolutely do not need Leibniz, Hume yes. You should read material on all of them, but the quick route would be Parmenides/Heraclitus -> Plato->Aristotle->Descartes->Hume->Kant. Just the latter three if you're in it just for Kant. You should be very familiar with Greek culture if you want to actually enjoy Nietzsche outside of Zarathustra and Genealogy

> look at the words
Okay, What is the next step?

Bible, Plato, Bible again, Nietzsche, Kant, Nietzsche again, Bible again

>What is the correct order for reading them?

You fucking pleb.

any specific works u recommend reading from these guys?

No, you don't have to be familiar with the Greek culture to grasp any book of Nietzsche's, save for the Birth of Tragedy.

>implying that recognizing nihilism in human existence is not the liberation from classical morality.
>implying that pursuing passion, art, self-ownership and struggle is not the ultimate hedonism for the Over-Man.

>implying that classical morality did not sprung out of nihilism in the first place
>implying that cumming and reading faust or training for a world championship is literally the same (where is the hedonism in Giordano Bruno's death you fucking faggot)

Skip the book of Genesis. I'm assuming you know the highlights/gist of the story there. 7 days yadda yadda Adam was good eve is his rib bone and meant to serve etc. Fruit eating then banished blah.

Cane and Abel I'm sure you know etc.

The rest of the old testament is pretty good outside of Leviticus. It's mostly a bunch of rules no one uses anymore. Don't eat shellfish and boipucci etc.

New Testament all of it is good. Revelations you could probably skip although there's lots of references to it in later work you may miss. I just say you could probably skip it because it's a highly mystical/allegorical work that isn't well understood without some serious research and contemplation.

If you're just using the Bible for cultural references don't be afraid to skim. It's awfully verbose beyond the essence of the actual important points.

dont read the whole bible only the interesting pieces, read the classical Greeks first and then delve into northen european philosophy hint:
(most of it is based on the greeks)

garrulous monk detected

Underrated post

You're a fucking idiot he is constantly referencing the Ancient world and
>You should be very familiar with Greek culture if you want to actually enjoy Nietzsche
Isn't the same as just understanding

What's the fastest way to get familiar with the Greek culture?

If you try to read the entire Bible you're probably going to fail. If you want the ideas of the Bible, read: Genesis, Job, Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Daniel The Gospel of John, Romans, Hebrews, and Revelations. If you want the history read: Genesis, Exodus, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Jeremiah, Luke, and Acts.

If you wanna just read stories about Jesus read Mark.

Book of Job is the best. God literally doesn't give a fuck

Slave morality. Read ecclesiasties instead