Why does everyone just keep on giving away valuable food and supplies to complete strangers?

Why does everyone just keep on giving away valuable food and supplies to complete strangers?

So that you migh feel like a human being once in a while?

>my favorite books are the evening redness in the west and the childrens crusade

>or, the evening redness in the west
Amerilards actually consider this hack one of their greatest writers
he probably is lmfao

Can a McCarthy fag explain to me how this book is supposed to be superior to Child of God? It drags on like fuck. You can only traverse a desert so many times without repeating yourself.

Child of God has infinitely better pacing and a more intriguing protagonist

I recently read this book because of all of the praise McCarthy is given, but I truly hated it. even though I love westerns and (((violence))). Are all of his books written in this style? Or as repetitive and detailed? I really want to like this guy, I felt that the depth he gave the Judge was astonishing.

Any recommendations on what to read from him?

Serious question - why do autistic/European people actually expect an explanation as to why someone enjoyed a book? It's legitimately retarded and a poor way to generate ego supply.

Serious question - why do autistic/European people actually expect an explanation as to why someone enjoyed a book? It's legitimately retarded and a poor way to generate ego supply.

Cuz they will fucking kill you

It's an Ancient Greek thing.

They were scared of them

Ding ding

You're confusing your demographic, this is purely an american thing.

Terrible book.

Outer Dark, The Road and Child of God are better starting places than Blood Meridian. Afterwards, The Border Trilogy (some of his best work). After that I would suggest trying Blood Meridian out again, it really is phenomenal but it takes a few readings to appreciate it.

Albeit, if the slower pacing of his writing and lack of punctuation is part of what put you off from McCarthy then he might not be for you to be honest.

>le i no use le speech marks maymay

Thanks for the recommendations user, will certainly check them out.

you're trying too hard man

It's a book only Americans can understand tbqh.

Why does everyone shit on this fucking book? It’s a good book. It has a little bit of gothic and romanticism. The themes are cool, the glorification of baseless violence, gnosticism and morality. McCarthys prose is unique and interesting, full of biblical reference both in structure and vocabulary.

Sure, it’s got its criticisms. It’s void of a strong plot but I think that’s what McCarthy intended to truly personify the anarchic violence shown in the book: The kid walks into a bar. A man tells him to move. He boots him in the face and shoves a jagged bottle in his eye and then heads out the door. Just like that, I think it’s brilliant.

Tl;dr not a bad book

For me, it's The Whale

>a book about people getting shot
>only americans can understand it
Checks out

I liked The Road more, but I'm kinda a /sffg/ fag

Child of God is so amazing wew

People are generous to the kid because he’s a kid.