Veeky Forums approved female authors?
>v woolf
>m yourcenar
>w cather
who else? maybe du maurier?

Shelley

Rowling, unironically.

Jane Austen

Eliot, Ferrante, Lispector, Zadie Smith.

Some philosophers: Anscombe, Arendt, Foot, Nussbaum

*le guin

Ada Palmer is good. A few obvious flaws in the terra ignota series but I've been enjoying it.

I like Madame de Stael
I deeply admire Madame de la Lafayette who wrote The Princess de Cleves in 1678 and in the process invented the modern psychological novel. A far far superior writer than Jane Austen

Sigrid Undset
Marie Aubert recently debuted with a pretty good short story collection so im interested in her future projects

I hate Yourcenar with a fiery passion. Anyone who did latin in high school had their teach shill for that talentless hack. She's a boring, bland, neo-neo-neo romantic, with nothing interesting to say except pathethic attempts at flowery prose. God i despise her. "I felt responsible for the world's beauty" is a nice sentence, tho.

>I hate Yourcenar with a fiery passion. Anyone who did latin in high school had their teach shill for that talentless hack.
It sounds like just your Latin teacher. I had two and I doubt either had heard of her.
>She's a boring, bland, neo-neo-neo romantic,
>neo-neo-neo romantic
...I'm seeing Robert Smith.

>It sounds like just your Latin teacher. I had two and I doubt either had heard of her.
Were any of them women, by chance?

Rip

Flannery O'Connor without a doubt.

Both were.

>Shōnagon
>Murasaki
The Heian period is one where almost all the worthwhile literature was written by women. If you enjoy these two there is plenty to look out for.

George Eliot

Based Flan Flan. I'm not even religious and her stuff is the shit.

AYN RAND

Alcott

Simone Weil

I need a source on that pic op

>shelly
really? because she only wrote one thing of note, which was half written by her husband, and then fucked it all up 15 years later with revisions. Everything else was mediocre and rehashed writing so she could support herself financially.

>the percy edit is good
>percy wrote anything of any length that holiday
>never heard of the last man or mathilda
Are you having a stroke or just hoping everyone's as dumb as you?

Jane Austen
Emily Dickinson
Emily Bronte
Charlotte Bronte
George Eliot
Eudora Welty
Flannery O Connor
Sylvia Plath, perhaps, screaming harpy though she is

my man.

>Arendt

>Madame de la Lafayette

the only two good contributions since OP