Modern covers

Will we ever go back to kino covers? I'm tired of those modern photoshoped in 5 minutes horseshit pajeet covers. This is a prime reason why i'm reading only e-books. Because they are not THAT ugly and will not irritate me from the shelf.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=moOSRwzCyZg
youtube.com/watch?v=7N8LSfEKIxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if somebody uses the word kino, especially as an adjective i automatically assume he's a tool

Are you implying the covers itt are good?

Absolutely!

no

t. pseud faggot

>>>reddit
Fuck off and die

I understand what you mean, though I disagree with your example.
I'm sick of books that look like a faggy panera bread ad on my bookshelf. I look over at them and can hear the upbeat ukelele and "quirky millennial" saying spouting some post-ironic, "quirky" made up word because it makes the media seem like it's self aware, and three steps ahead of it's own content.

>books that look like a faggy panera bread ad on my bookshelf. I look over at them and can hear the upbeat ukelele and "quirky millennial" saying spouting some post-ironic, "quirky" made up word because it makes the media seem like it's self aware, and three steps ahead of it's own content.
Have you ever been checked for schizophrenia?

not him but this makes sense to me

The description made sense to me desu

I think it was just a bad joke.

What's panera bread? How can a bread ad be faggy? Hearing music when you look at something is definitely schizophrenic. Why ukulele? Why upbeat ukulele? Why is he calling every other thing quirky and putting quotation marks everywhere? What does it mean to "say spout"? How can a quirky millenial's made up words affect the general perception of media? (All words are made up anyway.) Who thinks the media should be three steps ahead of it's own content? Why three steps? And how can media be ahead of its own content, what the FUCK does that mean???
I'm not american, so maybe I don't have enough brain damage to understand this.

Shit man, I didn't even know sex nuns were a thing. Now I want to read dune.

Why are you pretending to not understand what a figure of speech is? Because your youtube comment section-tier joke didn't go well? Stop derailing the thread the thread with your autism.

>What's panera bread? How can a bread ad be faggy?
Panera is an American café chain that tries to seem natural and cozy by overusing brown paint, but they actually come off as insincere, as in pic related.
>Why ukulele? Why upbeat ukulele?
Upbeat ukulele music is always the music of choice for giant corporations advertising to the hipster market. See this video, for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=moOSRwzCyZg
>Why is he calling every other thing quirky and putting quotation marks everywhere?
Schizophrenianon is again referring to the insincere quirkiness of advertisements targeted at hipsters and millenials (or whatever Panera thinks millenials are). See the following video, which, although it includes no ukulele music, is a good example.
youtube.com/watch?v=7N8LSfEKIxQ
Incidentally, this video also addresses your next point:
>How can a quirky millenial's made up words affect the general perception of media? (All words are made up anyway.)
This ad uses "or something" in ways that don't normally make grammatical sense. By combining two existing words into a new term, Panera has made up an annoying, quirky word to make them seem more relatable, which is somewhat patronizing since it implies that you, the viewer, actually cares whether or not you can relate to your chosen fast food chains.
>Who thinks the media should be three steps ahead of it's own content?
The media
>Why three steps?
Because that's 2+1 steps.
>And how can media be ahead of its own content, what the FUCK does that mean???
It can't really, it just wants to seem like it is.

I hear music looking at things and I'm a synesthete.
>nigger

How does a picture with some words on it, and food, seem insincere? It's a picture. It's not human.

First of all, the ad tells you it is letting you in on a secret, which couldn't possibly true, seeing as it is intended to reach the highest possible number of potential customers. Meanwhile, it unwittingly brings the simplicity and freshness of Panera's ingredients into question. Should I need to be told they are "all-natural" and "low-fat" if they really are? And how, if the ingredients are "all-natural", could they be any lower in fat than is natural? The modifiers only make the ingredients in question seem more complicated, not simpler. Further betraying itself, the image depicts soup in a bowl made from a carved roll of bread -- the carving clearly being an artificial touch. Would it not be more natural to eat the soup and bread separately? Besides, the food has obviously been touched up so as to appear appetizing for this advertisement. Whatever human made this picture wasn't being very sincere.

The thing you have to realize is, profit corporations don't consider books as art, literature, or even entertainment; ideas like "aesthetically pleasing" or "not aesthetically pleasing" probably don't even occur to the people making the decisions. What they care about is units sold, and profit margin per unit. The goal is to maximize net gain while minimizing expense. A skilled artist taking the time and effort to produce something genuinely good-looking is an expense, so out it goes, and in come a legion of minimum-wage interns using GIMP.

KEK

faggot

are you fucking retarded?

jfc you fuckin autists

Sex nuns are actually a pretty huge thing in Dune, especially the later books.

GODDAMN IT HERBERT TAKE MY MONEY

>yes Duncan, you have become the Sex Pope, leader of the Sex Nuns
what did Herbert mean by this?

Hate when authors act like they are above using illustrations in their books, yet have these type of covers.

>on Veeky Forums
>can't read

What's not to like about modern covers? I'm personally quite fond of this one.