What did he mean by this?

>What did he mean by this?
Life is shit, and being a useless NEET isn't making that any better.

It means he doesn't want to get a real job.

>order is inherently good
What a microbrain

His book is equivalent in worth and meaning to a tweet. He's saved you $20.

He's saying nothing new, at least in the tweet (haven't read and don't intend to read the book). There's a laundry list of literature on the topic of man's search for meaning. A life of leisure is a recipe for unhappiness. [spoilder]work will set you free[/spoiler]

work =/= a purpose in life

So says you. It can be, and will be in a fulfilled individual.

>summing up your new book in one (1) sentence

haha jordan you fool!

Repackaging millenium old wisdom so you can sell it to deeply alienated people is a great business model.

>You need to stop paying attention to politics and sort your life out
>Oh but before you do that don't forget to overthrow the evil SJW neopostmarxist regime
>Also remember to be an individual and reject group identity
>But be careful of that group over there, they are evil and want to destroy us individuals!

Although this may be true, I think the intent behind it is less snake-oily and more about reframing basic truths into archetypal paradigms. It gives it a grandiose feeling but breaks down the specifics of trite self-help shit into a more coherent or approachable normative philosophy.

Yes I am aware of how Pseudo that sounds. But I think that's the purpose behind it. Peterson is good at what he does, its really his politics that are strange.

This thread is a waste of space so I’ll borrow it. I’m trying to remember the name of a book, all I can remember about it is that the main character gets captured when he’s on a boat and becomes a slave in some arab country but eventually escapes with the master’s daughter. Any ideas?

>reframing basic truths into archetypal paradigms
>grandiose
>I am aware of how Pseudo that sounds
at least you know

The bible, specifically Exodus.

>A life of leisure is a recipe for unhappiness.

what a load of bollocks

arbeit, truly, did macht frei

>A life of leisure is a recipe for unhappiness
>tfw the major works of literature over a few thousand years spanning vastly different cultures were produced by the leisure class

>writers are happy

>Goethe

arbeit wirklich machte frei?

>Faust

>t. Apollonian and unwitting servant of Eris