Veeky Forums musicians?

Veeky Forums musicians?

pic is from car seat headrest's annotations on his own lyrics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lAVl3PjTwbk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Springsteen

Nick Cave and Tom Waits are my favorite Veeky Forums musicians.

John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats

Milo is pretty good. Though he does name-drop quite often, which rubs some people the wrong way.

listen to tom waits op
youtu.be/lAVl3PjTwbk

smog

Terrible lyrics and music

Does he ever go deeper than name dropping? Or will we never know why hegel is so incomprehensible

Fucm you

jpegmafia>milo

>quite often
No, that's all he does. He just makes explicit references to lit, videogames, and anime. And when he does allude to the content he sticks to buzzwords. I gave him a chance once and the more I'd listened the worse it gets, no subtle wordplay or innuendo; it's practically just advertisement for subjects far more interesting then he could ever hope to be. It's about as "Veeky Forums" as reading a women's amazon wishlist.

>just advertisement for subjects far more interesting then he could ever hope to be
that's the most Veeky Forums thing i've ever heard

lol teenagers actually think this is profound.
You're all fucking stupid and are impressed by plastic flowers. So superficial.
Literally everything in this thread, and everything you morons are interested in, is just namedropping.
There's more profundity in fucking Black Flag than this 'oh look at me i read a wikipedia article tehe!' horseshit.

Agreed, this is all awful. Almost as bad as the poetry in the poetry thread (besides the Pajeet ones)

Wesley Willis lyrics have more meaning than hipsy-faggot-fuck-soy-band

I agree what is in this

Is really stupid. Who cares if you are referencing something if your lyrics and meter are horrible to begin with

Julian cope

Secretly, I always love allusions like these, no matter how shoddy

Wesley Willis at least was expressing something totally sincere. The man thought that songs about buttfucking animals would keep him safe from the demons. Meanwhile, this is some kid in a library carefully presenting themselves as some soppy intellectual.
Just write sonnets if you're going to do that. Oh wait, you don't even have the talent to write a sonnet. A good sonnet can take 30 hours to write and requires thought and research beyond writing up a frankenstein.

the singer from chromeo is doing a phd in french lit at columbia but u don't see him pseuding up his music with pretentious bullshit

led zeppelin

Wow, this guy might be a worse arbitrary name-dropper/referencer than the rapper Milo. Didn't think that was possible.

Yeah.

Lol I just noticed that he's the one annotating his songs. He's gotta make sure people get his literary references. What a fag.

Any common person wouldn't even come close to deciphering his lyrics as well as he's done, that's actually pretty commendable.

Dumb ass.

They don't need to 'decipher' them.

Y

isnt this kind of like plagiarism?

If he wants to make points and references about higher culture than he should be an essayist. He's chosen to be a songwriter. His songs have to stand alone. If he chooses to litter them with references, that's a choice some people pick. But leave it to whoever happens to know the references to get them. Why lay it all out for people?