Need some advice

Need some advice.
I live in a country where the avarage sale is $70. I'm a professional translator, and there are only two dictionaries from my native language to English. One of them is cheap, and it's awful, the other one is $300, and it's patrician, but no one can afford it. I can't even find it to make a copy.
It's by Routledge (Austalian publisher) and in Australia the financial standards and wages are much higher.
I really don't know what to do, I'm still a student but when a graduate and start professionally translating it'll be an issue.
I should also note that the author of the retarded dictionary made a deal with the librarians and some other influental people to hide the other dictionary and make it unapproachable for the majority of the population, so we would have no choice but to buy his dictionary. The majority doesn't even know the other dictionary exists.
It's looking grim.
Also, the dictionary is only sold online (Amazon, bookdepository etc.).

Other urls found in this thread:

beck-shop.de/Hill-Mircevska-Windle-Routledge-Macedonian-English-Dictionary/productview.aspx?product=16407917
b-ok.org/book/1096959/4d929f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why the fuck do you need a paper dictionary? Im in translation studies and I never opened one of those. What is your language?

There's no e-dictionary for my language (at least not a non-retarded one).
My language is Macedonian (two million population post-YU country).

>this is the country that once ruled over the important parts of the world

really makes you think, huh

Grab some Bulgarian-English dictionaries to aid you.

perhaps commission an american with access to the book to copy it for you, maybe an independent publishing country might help, also! i had a thought, have you considered writing letters to various colleges? they may be of some assistance, and donate or provide some access to this work by a kind act. Make sure you're as pitiful as possible.

also, you could find other translators who might band together with you to purchase this work so you can copy it. band together!

>I live in a country where the avarage sale is $70. I'm a professional translator, and there are only two dictionaries from my native language to English. One of them is cheap, and it's awful, the other one is $300, and it's patrician, but no one can afford it. I can't even find it to make a copy.
It's on amazon in paperback for less than $50. If you're being a bitch about not getting the hardback, well, that's your bitchass problem.

It really isn't. Ancient Macedonians were Greeks, modern "Macedonians" are Slavs.

That would be nice if I understood more than 10% of the Bulgarian words.
I've thought about all of those options but I really don't know how to begin.
I've tried. Not a chance. Translators in my country are autistic, just like the rest of the people. That's why it came to this in the first place.
How do I know it is the exact same version? The ISBN is different. $50 is still too much for my country's standards, but if it is safe I'd purchase it.

>How do I know it is the exact same version? The ISBN is different. $50 is still too much for my country's standards, but if it is safe I'd purchase it.
ISBN is different for paper and hardback. It refers to the specific edition as well, so if it's been updated, it gets a new ISBN for the 2nd edition, for the 3rd edition, and so on.
Pretty safe, you can check the ISBN against a catalogue.

>I live in a country

He doesn't live in an anarchic workers paradise..

I smell Americunt who would shit himself in the Balkans

I dont know of any e-dictionary that would not be a retarded one. Its a little more work for the translator but its manageable

and greece is still a shithole

did you use to beat gypsies and did your mother hit you when you were little?

>the other one is $300
>the author of the retarded dictionary made a deal with the librarians and some other influental people to hide the other dictionary and make it unapproachable for the majority of the population, so we would have no choice but to buy his dictionary
Kikes are like little babies, really

>go about starting
just look up various professors who are experts in the fields related to your work, and explain to them your situation.

>Macedonian
send cheap cigarettes to france pls

Cheap to you, but to us it's more expensive than your cigarettes are to you. :)
Plus the quality is ebola.
By the way, send some dr peppers here, I've never even tasted it.

beck-shop.de/Hill-Mircevska-Windle-Routledge-Macedonian-English-Dictionary/productview.aspx?product=16407917

37 euros

and

b-ok.org/book/1096959/4d929f

websters. should be good enough

You are not serious? This has 100 pages, the one I'm looking for has 700 plus the font is smaller.
Yes I found it on bookdepository for 37 euros. It's acceptable desu, if everything is ok. I'll try it.

With the Mediterranean diet they'd probably shit themselves in public less frequently than usual.

liberate them

Order it through a local bookstore and then write a bad check

Dr pepper fucking sucks, dude.

>Dr. Pepper.
I hate to tell you user, but its the shittiest soda

its the thist-thirstiest time of the year