Why is Eastern philosophy not discussed more often on Veeky Forums?

Why is Eastern philosophy not discussed more often on Veeky Forums?

Because it's retarded.

Because Veeky Forums is retarded.

ITT: retards

>not noticing the wattsposters

It isn't edgy enough or /pol/-related.

Because it's a Western board dummy. And Eastern phil stayed in the ancient and medieval theological stages

>After wiping away my tears for my departed lover, wondering if I'd ever find another like her again, I stepped into my garden, and heard the wind through the honking of geese, whisper, sweetly, "Fishing rod." In that moment I knew the secret to happiness.

Why is Chinese philosophy so shit

>And Eastern phil stayed in the ancient and medieval theological stages
>Not knowing that the Chinese discovered absolute idealism centuries before Hegel

its the best, currently dominates global consciousness

The Gooks adopted an atheistic political system that led to the destruction of all culture, art, and religion.

>not knowing Hegel was a reversion to ancient philosophy possible because of Kant's Idealism as a reaction to materialism skepticism and early positivism of modernity

Can you drop more terms, please.
I have a fetish for terms

Is there anything to eastern philosophy other than "dude peaceful nature maaaan" stuff?

Yeah, pretty much all of it.

>((("""eastern""" """""""philosophy""""""")))

>This

It's not discussed because most people on this board know fuck all about anything outside of what is memed here. Don't let them fool you with their baseless disparaging of eastern philosophy as not being western enough, they barely even have a grasp on western philosophy. If you got your philosophical education from Veeky Forums you'd walk away thinking Max Stirner and Julius Evola are taken even remotely seriously as credible philosophers, or that Hegel is still considered the world's most insightful thinker and that you should begin your philosophy studies by reading Phenomenology of Spirit. Fucking really? I just know some retard will respond saying that modern philosophers are stupid or cucked by academic culture or whatever - or that eastern philosophers are oracle-bone reading drones but remember, they've never fucking read any of it so what would they know? If you brought up some of the shit they spout here in an actual philosophy department you'd be laughed out the room and blacklisted from all institutes of higher education.

This can't be real

Obviously not, those were not obscure in the slightest and you have only yourself to blame for not knowing about entry phil terms when discussing it

>you'd walk away thinking Max Stirner and Julius Evola
Those memes migrated here, and Hegel is a meme here because of what you listed about him, PhoS is the Finnegans Wake of phil in that sense

>Eastern phil stayed in the ancient and medieval theological stages
>stages
lol

fpbp

It only concerns a very narrow area. Western philo covers everything and continued to develop in many directions.

I have to agree, not only that guy but anyone who dismisses multiple philosophical traditions out of hand is a fudge-packing bastard prick

Too complicated for their (((western))) indoctrination. Just look at the sorry shills itt

Because this is the genre fiction and self-help board. Philosophy is on Veeky Forums

because the DICK is in the WEST AAYYYYYYY

Imagine being this ignorant

schopenhauer was the last notable eastern philosopher. we discuss him all the time.

i can't remember the last time he was brought up as a thread topic.

>Philosophy is on Veeky Forums
It just isn't though...

archive shows frequent ops, and as with everything on imageboards the best discussions happen as parenthesis within unrelated threads

You post that a lot dear. "Easterners", or more like China + India, did many other things but these are not considered to come under canonical "eastern philosophy" for some reason.

Its vastly less accessible
-A lot of primary works are still untranslated.
-Most secondary works dont get translated.
-Western style criticism is nowhere near as developed in the Eastern tradition.

Add to that there is so much western stuff to get into its a hard sell,

cos wh*Toids and (((they))) are too dumb to inderstand it

Confucius say: "Chickity China the Chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
Watchin X-Files with no lights on,
We're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one"

You can't find a Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy article on Evola but you can find one on Max Stirner. Kek.

Evola btfo

of course.

The majority of academic are left wing wastoids.

Evola was to the right of fucking fascism.

I dont expect any of the supped learned people at univesites to know anything about right wing theory, thought, or politics.

They deem themselves as morally superior so they wouldn't read the enemies books to learn their weaknesses and steal what works

They would be scared they might even agree with the tantric sex magik aristocrat.

t. absolutely clueless

why do you believe this to be true
have you interacted with any member of a phil department faculty?

God didn't give them souls.
Don't blame them.

After exterminating the mongrel races of the west the last challenge posed by God will be the fight against the intellectually equal but morally indigent northern oriental race.

Sure, history may be far more popular, but there's constant, dedicated, and thriving discussion on there. Also thriving shitposting, naturally, but that's a fairly helpful way to get started.

>0:

Fuken lol

so did the West

Lit barely reads the western canon it jacks off on. Therefore it won't even consider the eastern philosophy it shits on.

"Philosophy" is a European word describing an aspect of European culture. OP is referring to eastern pro-conformist aphorisms.

Because no westerners actually understand eastern philosophy except through interpretations through the lenses of western philosophy.

i have the best words nobody has better words than me, do u finger your mother with those hands you typed that filth with?

It's not part of the western canon.

just sit around and do nothing mate, that is a perfectly reasonable response to danger

Because it's a lot of random wisdom and religion instead of actual insight.

Based truth poster

the stupid on this board is sometimes unbearable

Most people on here don't care about it, but for those that do, I imagine there's just less to debate about. There's more emphasis placed on taking the right actions and mindset rather than discovering the absolute truth through reason, and minor divergences in belief are insignificant overall. Also, most of these function well as self-contained systems, so there's little need to try and justify yourself to non-believers. Finally, like another user said, this stuff is dense, vast, and easily misunderstood. Please call me out if any of that's wrong, but I'd say that's why it's unpopular here.

There are three categories of people who read non-western phl

1.western cuckolds who desperately try to avoid looking racist, and thereby "diversify" the authours they read.
2. Actual asians/Indians/bhomstsoever who have cultural ties to it
3.people who are researching/engaging with the influence of these other traditions on the western one

As for the actual merit, the classical era in the west has a richer and more valuable phl tradition than anything produced outside of the west.

This doesn't mean eastern traditions aren't worth learning about, but you have to be kidding yourself if you admit anything less than what I've claimed here

>Eastern philosophy
Yes, because Islamic, Indian, and Chinese philosophy all fit into one category.

Reminder that all "philosophy," the eastern type included, derives from Indo-European tribes that ventured into places like present day China.

Because the western tradition is deeper and more relevant. Its offspring are logic and the scientific method. Eastern phil is less compartmentalized and more tied up with quaint mysticism, rather than rigurous systems. Have you cracked a book on chinese phil? 90% of it is reddit tier anecdotes about farmers and geese and shit.

>averroes
>eastern philosophy