What does lit think of philip roth?

what does lit think of philip roth?

so close to quads... lord hath forsaken me

Amusing but overrated

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... hey guys... hey guys... he's a JEW. That's right, I said it. A kike. A schlomo. A Christ-killer. A Philip Roth literally killed and beat Jesus and spat on him and poured vinegar and salt in his wounds. A Goldberg.

Philip Roth is part of the international Jewish conspiracy to take over the world, and he is only shilled by fellow nice Jewish fellows like Harold Bloom.

Remember guys to support Drumpf and stay ebin :^)
t. pol

I've only read American Pastoral but I found it pretty underwhelming. Not sure why the guy is so popular.

>Not sure why the guy is so popular.

((()))

he wrote a bunch of controversial shit in the 50s and 60s

Read Portnoy’s Complaint

I think it's the contemporary curse. American pastoral might not hold a candle to To the Lighthouse or East of Eden, but can any book from the 90s? (DFW bros get fucked). Realistically, it's one of the better books from the last twenty years but it might not make the permanent canon and that's fine.

In it's defense AP does give a nice portrait of The American Dream Consumed by Reality. Which was probably important pre-great recession

What do you think? It must be really neat since you keep creating this thread.

My thoughts exactly. I also gave Portnoys complaint a chance. Reading it made me despise the person who recommended it.

>DFW bros get fucked

*tips yamulke*

Ironically, I think that if American Pastoral had been written by a gentile all of you /pol/tards would think it was redpilled.

Well, this is awkward...

>Ironically, I think that if American Pastoral had been written by a gentile all of you /pol/tards would think it was redpilled.

Thats true of tons of Jewish works from the Bible to Curb Your Enthusiasm. Its part of their two-faced attitude. One reality for us, another for the goyim

I don't think that's exclusive to Jews. Most communities are biased towards their group and biased against others.

The difference is no other group will declare you to be a monster undeserving of the slightest sympathy or audience for a mere suggestion of problems with their group.

>I seem to have veered off course lately and read a heterogeneous collection of books. I’ve read three books by Ta-Nehisi Coates, the most telling from a literary point of view, “The Beautiful Struggle,” his memoir of the boyhood challenge from his father. From reading Coates I learned about Nell Irvin Painter’s provocatively titled compendium “The History of White People.” Painter sent me back to American history, to Edmund Morgan’s “American Slavery, American Freedom,” a big scholarly history of what Morgan calls “the marriage of slavery and freedom” as it existed in early Virginia. Reading Morgan led me circuitously to reading the essays of Teju Cole, though not before my making a major swerve by reading Stephen Greenblatt’s “The Swerve,” about the circumstances of the 15th-century discovery of the manuscript of Lucretius’ subversive “On the Nature of Things.” This led to my tackling some of Lucretius’ long poem, written sometime in the first century B.C.E., in a prose translation by Martin Ferguson Smith. From there I went on to read Greenblatt’s book about “how Shakespeare became Shakespeare,” “Will in the World.” How in the midst of all this I came to read and enjoy Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography, “Born to Run,” I can’t explain other than to say that part of the pleasure of now having so much time at my disposal to read whatever comes my way invites unpremeditated surprises.

Reminds me of that Ready Player One excerpt that always posts here

Do you believe that attitude to be inherently Jewish, or a result of Jewish people being disproportionately represented in positions of power? Or something else entirely?

What the fuck

I liked The Ghost Writer, in some ways

HERE WE GO

a tolerable jew

Typical jewish pervert and shit writer.

This is nowhere near as bad as Ready Player One, but now I can kinda see it lmao

Both, the two act together in a feedback loop

God forbid anyone discusses the nature of Jews in a fucking Philip Roth thread

So, do you believe Jewish people have a genetic predisposition to tribalism, or something like that?
It's not like this thread is gonna max out on comments or something.