I read it and found it boring. What’s so special about it?

I read it and found it boring. What’s so special about it?

Whoa, edgy

what's the plot?

If you can't appreciate the simple yet fluid prose, the heartbreaking and mature story, William's somber take on the campus novel, there is no hope for you and you shouldnt be reading serious literature

A guy goes to school and gets married and has a kid and other stuff happens

Maybe its the fact that it was so boring. I felt like i was watching paint dry. It was sad in some aspects but idk it wasnt my favorite.

reddit's that way kid

You have to be a introverted kind of wimpy depressed white male for it to really hit home. Otherwise it's just pretty good.

seems like this book's for me then

I gave it an 8/10. Felt Edith was too much of an animated caricature, like a Gatsby character, to fit in with the tone of the novel and didn't like that Masters was killed off so quickly. Not to mention some pacing problems.

honestly i dont know how john williams made such a boring plot so damn interesting. that fucking prose man

p-prose? The prose is bland as bland. It's Williams' worldview that makes the novel interesting. It's honest and doesn't really need good prose to be good

I agree on Edith, she just turned into such a weird character. Definitely felt like she belonged in another book.
Also agree on Masters, wish the book was like 50 pages longer and spent more time in his early years

>be black
>read this book when I was 17
>literally had this opinion

it teaches what a demagouge in today's world is like

Why is that Colbert in the cover?

Not really. I'm black, outgoing, played football in college, and I couldn't put it down. It reminded me of one of my favorite professors.

DUDE BEING A FAILED LOSER IS ACTUALLY BEAUTIFUL LMAO

...huh? It's just the cover of the book

spot fucking on

Agreed. I don't think it's supposed to hit home, since you're not really supposed to be pathetic enough.
Still really enjoyed this book though, it's just such a concise and subtly emotional character study. I recommended it to my mom and she cried at the end so thanks for giving me a mom-bonding book Veeky Forums.

Why are there so many black people of 4chinz

((OP silently fuming as no-one compliments the masterful photoshop skills he attached to a post that has been made 1000 times before))