Depression

My gf dumped me, I became obsessive and I tried to kill myself. Now i'm reading Stoic works. And I was wondering if there is any lit to help me out? Philosophy, psychology etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/0t9oSLmn07WgblTPTCU1Bq?si=2uSV8oaeQxiWJSSm4K7Vbg
classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

unironically learn a new skill and practice a craft. make yourself something nice.

you sound like a pathetic peerson, write a book.

love is a serious illnes -platon

I literally dont want to do anything, I only do some ejercice and swimming from time to time

Read Ovid.
Love's a game, don't take it too seriously.

the happiness trap

Go to the gym and eat healthy.

They're pretty much the go-to Stoic works, but Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is my favorite and The Enchiridion by Epictetus is also really good if you have good reading comprehension skills and a decent vocabulary.

I do
I read them daily

Read it.

Do you really though? Do you lift and do cardio and stretch? Do you never eat from a bag or box and never eat processed carbohydrates like bread or sugar?

Is this book even necessary with the advent of youtube?

>I literally dont want to do anything
are you 19? is this your first gf? let me tell you something kiddo. forget about that dumb roastie whore. she broke up with you for some reason. whatever it was, don't take it personally.

there are thousands of reasons why actual grown adult couples don't work out. sexual incompatibility, incongruous pheromones, unequal levels of romantic experience/interest, or one person is dishonest with themselves about what they want, or dishonest with their partner about their intentions or desires, or it was all just a passing fancy, or it was to make someone else jealous, or it was just a temporary thing to feel better about themselves, on and on and on. taking the hurt to heart will do you no good. man the fuck up, continue reading the greeks (read Enchiridion, especially, if you havent already).

but motherfucker don't ask me for a book and then tell me you're not going to read it.

lots of love and I know your feel,
user

I cant lift things to heavy cause a problem in my legs but yes I do both. And I dont to eat trash, mostly veggies, fruits, meat and rice.

I'm 22, she was not my first gf, but we spent a good time together and the fact we end up like this is my fault but thanks for the nice words and yes I am gonna try to read any non fiction works you recommend me

kind of. there's lots of things on youtube, with varying degrees of expertise. some of it is useful and exactly what you're looking for, and a lot of it is misguided bullshit. i have the book because it was cheap, i was curious about several of the subjects, and its a handy reference for when the internet goes down for good and youtube is never available again.

fwiw it is filled with lots of good stuff, basically everything you need to start a homestead.

Cool, thanks for the elucidation mate.

Dude you're 22. Congratulations, you're a person now that you've gone through this. You weren't a man before now.

Listen to this, drink with your buddies, and then lift weights tomorrow.
open.spotify.com/album/0t9oSLmn07WgblTPTCU1Bq?si=2uSV8oaeQxiWJSSm4K7Vbg

sorry for your troubles user. don't try to kill yourself again okay you sound like a decent guy. Here's an online copy of Enchiridion: classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html The first line is always a bombshell to me.

> 1. Some things are in our control and others not. Things in our control are opinion, pursuit, desire, aversion, and, in a word, whatever are our own actions. Things not in our control are body, property, reputation, command, and, in one word, whatever are not our own actions.

Your desires are under your control. This includes your desire for some dumb girl who dumped you. Don't obsess or let it develop into oneitis. There will be more, don't worry. You're super super young.

Lol, this is essentially the serenity prayer of AA.

read this and stop deriving meaning from a relationship.

That line dude, I try to put that one in front of my mind but my emotions are stronger and I end up forgetting about it, I think about it everyday, some things are in my control others are not. But anxiety and sadness win the battle everyday

Huh, I never noticed that. Yeah it is. Except god is represented by the gods, and they will hurt you as much as help you.

no worries m8. I've seen some crazy shit on youtube about homebuilding. People in boggy, clay soiled areas trying to build earthships designed for the american southwest deserts. at least reader's digest probably vetted the book by their legal department back in the 70s or whenever.

You'll get over it.

You don't think you will but you will. No matter what you do, the memories will fade. All those little memories that make your heart feel like it's going to collapse into your asshole, the ineffable shit that you can't even communicate to others because it's so particular to how perfect and special your relationship was, it will fade and vanish. And just before it does, you'll look at it one last time, with just enough distance to realise that those moments and feelings exist in every half-decent relationship, and you don't have to lament their passing because they are just part of life. You will have those ineffable things with the next girl too, and if you work hard, you'll have ones that are a hundred times better, with a girl who is a hundred times better.

This shit can't be communicated because it's too intuitive and everyone just has to go through it for themselves, but if you ever have one of those moments when you're sitting there in despair, absolutely convinced that your only two options are to give up true love and be lonely forever, or to pathetically beg her to take you back, just try to remember that EVERYONE goes through the same thing. I did too, and I begged, and I hate myself for it. Keep your dignity and just wait out the storm. The collective male gender wants you to know that the storm always passes, ten times out of ten.

Even when you have a "one that got away"-tier girl who genuinely was perfect for you, there are girls out there who are just as good, that you would find just as special, and there are even better girls too. Right now that will probably sound disturbing to you, because millions of years of evolution are trying to convince you to get your one true babymaker back and protect it like life itself, but it's true. For any given person there are plenty of people they would be highly compatible with, and relatively many people they'd be extremely compatible with. Don't sweat losing touch with one, if she even was that to begin with. Mine certainly wasn't, though I thought so at the time.

Just ride it out and distract yourself. Never, ever beg her or even talk to her. I fucking guarantee you, man, in a year, in five years, in ten, you will think of the memories of her that currently feel like they weigh a thousand pounds, and you'll regard them with the same amount of emotion you have for some other middling milestone in your life you barely remember. How much did you cry when you put your first pet to sleep, and how do you think of that pet's passing now? Maybe a twinge of remembered pain at most. Same thing.

Considering Jung helped create AA it isn't surprising.

Thank you so much. Too bad already begged and pleaded, last night she even called me a creep just cause I said I miss her. Maybe i am, just a weird creep, no other girl said that about me but again I never loved anyone like her.

Revel in this feeling because you won't have it again.

Look urself in the eyes and realize your life is not yours to take there is always something around the next corner. I know its a meme but seriously travel the world if you have the means especially countries progressing are good. It aint over til its over man, make the most of it

The Kybalion. I have never been happier.

Thank you all.