Julius Evola Super-Fascist Edition

Is he a meme? Is he Crazy? What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

counter-currents.com/2018/01/judaism-in-the-ancient-world/
counter-currents.com/2014/06/moses-the-egyptian/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no one discusses him in philosophy departments and he doesnt have an SEP article—what do you think that says about the strength of his thoughts?

doesn't the same apply for jung?

hmm you're right philosophy is basically a democracy and the important people have voted NO against le edgy sex nazi

yes, he has been dismissed as can be understood by the lack of graduate theses done on his writings
exactly

that's an oligarchy
>yes, he has been dismissed as can be understood by the lack of graduate theses done on his writings
You must be dead for a while so time can prove your thoughts correct whereas living philosophers, like žižek, are discounted de-facto. Which other dead, de-valued philosophers would you put in the evola, jung category?

Did you ride the tiger today my fellow aristocrats of the soul?

I think he's great and thats all that matters to me. :)

Shittiest fucking meme oh my God kill yourselves /pol/ scum. Sage.

i kinda look like him, i mean i have the same stare as him

I was writing some long-winded post about his about his philosophy and worldview but this is pretty much all I wanted to say

I enjoy and have read many of his books. What would you like to know

>Philosophy departments and the SEP
This must be satire.

He's a meme and in Italy no one takes him seriously beside a small organization of evolian studies and a bunch of dumb fascist kids.

>no one takes him seriously
>lack of graduate theses done on his writings
>no one discusses him in philosophy departments and he doesnt have an SEP article
>people think these are arguments

I was responding to the "is he a meme" question

He discusses the best subject matter there is. Fuck his political views, they are completely irrelevant to his real writing. I disregarded him at first because of the fascist thing but in the last few months I’ve read 4 books of his and he has a solid grasp and interesting perspective on Eastern/hermetic thought. Him plus guenon plus Schuon plus Titus Burckhardt plus coomaraswamy equals something-like-wisdom. Of course universities don’t touch this subject matter. Scholars build on each others’ work, building shaky towers of scholarship that doesn’t interact with out-of-field information. Fuck scholarship. It truly is the dumbest way to further knowledge. Red tape and tradition, don’t step on other scholars’ toes by saying something contradictory. Repeat what everyone else has been saying and then add a sentence at the end of the paper that is different than contemporary research and you’ve got yourself a dissertation.

If Veeky Forums recommends you someone they're probably a meme

lol

At least try to pretend you aren't a women when posting on masculine threads.

some people like to watch the world bun...

Evola is an important thinker who is shunned because of his contribution to our knowledge about the jewish problem. All white men should read his article below.

>We know that from the time of the Emperor Claudius, this revolt also took on tangible and direct forms, numerous conflicts between Jews and non-Jews in Egypt and Syria are documented, with a link already emerging between revolutionary political activity and a confused messianic mysticism, fuelled by “prophetic” exhortations, with the recurrent theme of Israel having been chosen to rule over all nations.

ebola is really good, read him, never ever read the primary sources he "translates and cites" and then become an esoteric Nazi

A few years ago I was attracted by the sex appeal that’s fueling Evola’s current vogue in the outer right (called himself a super-fascist, strolled around contemplating destiny during an artillery barrage, etc.). So I skipped his meme books “ride the tiger” and “men among the ruins” and gave his book about Buddhism “the doctrine of awakening” a shot since it’s a topiic i know something about:

Got 50 or 60 pages in before giving up. Evola’s views on Buddhism are heretical to the point of laughable; he immediately sets out by positing a conspiracy theory that one of the 3 characteristics of reality in Buddhadharma, ‘anatta’, was originally the opposite and that a process of degeneration inverted the Buddha’s original teaching. It’s difficult to convey how outrageously arrogant this claim is to people unversed in Buddhism - its Zeitgeist Peter-Joseph-tier bogus speculation and textual abuse. It would be like saying that Jesus actually told people to kill your enemies in the Sermon on the Mount and the church fathers covered up his original teaching. E goes immediately from this whopper to embarrassing, sophomoric praise of ‘muh Zen Samurai Warrior’ aesthetic like a fat fedora kid and holds up Bushido as a return to the original Buddha’s teachings, justifying this by cherry-picking some of the martial rhetoric from bad translations of the suttas (suttas whose actual subjects have nothing to do with military exploits or killing people - but of course that must be due to degeneration and perversion of the original teachings in the author's question-begging circular argument), and hand waving in reference to his (evola's) other ideas.

tldr be suspicious of esotericism until you have a solid grounding in religious thought from your own study of the primary/traditional sources. evola was a dilettante and his books are a waste of time.

>no one discusses him in philosophy departments
Ackchually that's wrong.

>t. Normie westerner who got his interpretation of Buddhism from New Age authors, and misguided reading of primary texts

Buddhism is retarded and in complete contradiction with Hinduism. Now go read more than 50 pages of a single book.

>he immediately sets out by positing a conspiracy theory that one of the 3 characteristics of reality in Buddhadharma, ‘anatta’, was originally the opposite and that a process of degeneration inverted the Buddha’s original teaching
I've read Evola's book but that's not ringing any bells. Can you cite a passage, or give me some page numbers?

great article, thanks for linking. site seems cool too

Evola is just the far right version of Aleister Crowley. Nobody takes him seriously because he's a faux-spiritual edgy hack who loved riding his own dick.

You're welcome. Greg Johnson, who runs that site, has his flaws as a homosexual, but he has a PhD in philosophy and over the years has built a treasure trove there that any white man interested in philosophy owes it to himself to delve into. Below is an article/book review that is not related to Evola but gets to the crux of the problem here as it relates to the ancient world.

Sorry, on phone and accidentally repasted the same/wrong article.

counter-currents.com/2014/06/moses-the-egyptian/

>You're welcome. Greg Johnson, who runs that site, has his flaws as a homosexual
... Okay, I knew I shouldn't have gone into this thread expecting people to call Evola out for what he was, yikes.

Greg Johnson is a fag who as such has been prone to catty behavior in spite of his many intellectual contributions. Such observations are in keeping with the facts of life. If that's too much for you to synthesize kick your thoughts over to reddit.

Evolafag here. He's pretty meh. Guénon and Shuon cover traditionalism much better than he does, however, Evola is one of the few perennialists who didn't convert to Sufi Islam. That, along with his Fascist connections, is why /pol/ likes him, despite having never read his works. I would say he's good if you're looking to connect the perennial philosophy to Jungian psychology in order to get to that sweet spot where you can easily look at reality from a mystical perspective, and not turn into a complete schizo whilst rejecting the materialistic scientism of the modern world. He's also a prerequisite to "ariosophy" and other sorts of aryan religion, like Esoteric Hitlerism or Paganism.

I love Evola's work, but people who get into his stuff without being grounded in the writings of other traditionalists (especially Guenon), let alone knowing anything about spiritual traditions in general, are insufferable. It seems like most people who have read him just read the "trilogy" of "men among the ruins", "revolt against the modern world", and "ride the tiger", which are his least interesting works. Or even worse, they just read his essays on the "jewish question" (as if he has anything original to contribute to it) or his comments on fascism.

Are you denying that the jewish question is important? His framing of its historical context is very important, especially for those who are new to it yet consider themselves budding intellectuals, and making statements otherwise on here puts you more than anyone else under suspicion.

>Are you denying that the jewish question is important?
no
>His framing of its historical context is very important
what has he said about it that hasn't been said elsewhere?
>and making statements otherwise on here puts you more than anyone else under suspicion.
incidentally i don't fucking care

Wow hahaha. Seing Jung's name next to Evola shows how much of an imbecile you are. Veeky Forums is literally your containment board. Go outside, walk into a library, talk to people other than your mom. Your only literary knowledge comes from arguing with youtube watching autists - let that sink in for a moment. Evola is some heavily politically biased low level writer with a hard on for facism and race. Jung is the first person to ever break free from the strict boundaries of newtonian science, influenced thousands of intellectuals and artists around the globe, and still does to this day. He articulated a completely new paradigm in Western thought. How ironic is it that until peterson and /pol/'s illiteracy, Jung's name was only whispered in avant garde scientific circles, which are everything except fascist.. Yet your weak brain is only capable of associating names you see in Veeky Forums threads, without any coherence whatsoever. Read a book.

Evola is a man around whom a lot of important information can be transmitted, especially with regard to the jewish problem. If you acknowledge the jewish problem but aren't appreciating him as a means to convey information about it to others, and are instead whining about his supposed lack of originality to puff your post-internet-self up, you aren't doing much overall good, are you?

>Evola is some heavily politically biased low level writer with a hard on for facism and race
wrong
>Jung is the first person to ever break free from the strict boundaries of newtonian science, influenced thousands of intellectuals and artists around the globe, and still does to this day.
wrong
>He articulated a completely new paradigm in Western thought
wrong
>Jung's name was only whispered in avant garde scientific circles
is this satire??

>a faggot defends evola

>Evola is a man around whom a lot of important information can be transmitted
that's condescending, and far from appreciating the actual value of his work
>If you acknowledge the jewish problem but aren't appreciating him as a means to convey information about it to others
i'm not neurotically obsessed with one political issue
>you aren't doing much overall good, are you?
im not a utilitarian, and i don't care for your self righteous "causes"

technically I think evola and jung both are looked at in the academic community with some hesitancy since alot of their work has to do with alchemical symbolism and the occult.
They are more in line with the new age thinkers.
I'd probably say Robert Anton Wilson and his work regarding conspiracy,
alot of the modern day Self-Help gurus probably belong in there as well.

Erich Fromm
that dude who started KRSHNA consiousness

most definitely L Ron. Hubbard

Hermes Trigemestus

Lmao your feelings are hurt. How does it feel to be a kid? I insulted evola so obviously the rest of the post must be wrong. Off yourself evola fanboy.

>TAKE ME SERIOUSLY
>I MIGHT LIKE MEN BUT I'M NOT GAY
>MUH MAGICKE

I'm gonna have to disagree with you, Revolt Against the Modern World is his magnum opus. Although it's nice to see other evolafags who hate the LARPy tendencies some people have with Evola. I completely understand it when someone has an interest in an author, but doesn't read their works. (actually this is fairly common in philosophy where if you want to read one person you have to work your way up the chain before being ready to actually read him) The problem is that they just talk about Evola like he's an average conservative figure. In fact they outright shun esoteric subjects, negating any worth he could have to them. It kind of reminds me of what happened with Nietzsche; people liked his works because of their contents, and then people perceived a superficial notion of his works, and then attempted to use Nietzsche to argue for preexisting ideas they already had.

I tried reading him I can't stand white Buddhists in any form. Everything they say is cringy and half baked and they try to sound deep and mysterious.

Where do you start with Evola?

Picture this.

He wrote Ride the Tiger as an imitation of Jungers figures of the forest rebel and Anarch, yet he commands none of the contempory respect Junger has now

Jugo Slav detected

Zdravo kolega kako ste ??

Da li ti pravoslavac ? Ili jebani katolik ?

ante pavolic

He's too racist AND sexist, don't read him!
Edit: thanks for gold kind stranger!

>Imagine being that much of a retard that you’d waste your time reading all this because some 19-year olds on a white supremacist frog board told you to.

>Evola
>Race
>Facsim

Pick one

Philosophy departments are quite left-leaning.

It is necessary to read all the works of a philosopher (or esotericist for Evola's case) to truly understand his ideology. It's this sort of thing which separates Nietzsche scholars from edgy teens who believe he was a nihilist, and meme "God is Dead."