Signs Of A Pseud

Why is it that semicolon usage is so popular among pseuds? How the hell did this meme even start? No respected author uses semicolons to the same degree these wannabe academics do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w5R8gduPZw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

real men use commas, endlessly, excessively, they do not fear them, they embrace them as a continental philosopher would, they run on without care

Semi-colons are weak and indecisive, its the punctuation equivalent of saying "Um... sweetie"

This, comma is love, comma is life

I prefer the comma, but the semi-colon can be useful.

thanks guys I needed this

Never have I ever seen someone so disrespectful; the semicolon is a perfectly normal piece of punctuation; I will use it how I see fit; even though secretly I use it only so I can sniff my farts and feel good about myself; I love semicolons because part of my colon was removed too; now I poop in a bag and it farts at really inopportune moments; like one time I was at a funeral outside and my colostomy bag went BRAAAAAAAAAP; everyone stared at me; if you're wondering how I sniff my farts I fart through the hole in my side involuntary and sniff through there; yeah sometimes poo gets in my nose; it's ok though; my family seriously won't look me in the eye anymore for brapping at the funeral though

>Can, someone, teach, me, how, to, use, commas? I, think, there,'s, a, difference, in, between, languages, so, I, never, know, where, to, place, one, while, writing, in, English. Somebody, please, spoonfeed, me.

Just put them wherever the fuck you want, don't listen to the grammar nerds

A,h; o,k.

V, nice

actually a semi colon would be better here

The more I browse the asinine threads on this board, the more I wish it would be deleted.

Incorrect use of comma

Awful post

I'll stick my semi in your colon

;)

I remember the good ole days were semi-colons were the comma

This is the worst kind of shitpost; a pseud-trap shitpost.

Also, the em-dash is a far superior punctuation mark.

Improper use of a semicolon. A semicolon separates two independent clauses. The punctuation you meant to use was a colon.

I remember when Microsoft Word used to correct almost every grammar mistake with a semicolon.

DAmn I miss those high school days.

either side of clauses.

real men dont use any sort of punctuation at all punctuation is for pussies pseuds and hacks

Punch with sentences. Punch, punch, punch, and why not write sentences that don't adhere to rules? I enjoy doing that. It's almost unrestrained. And why not go even further... just do whatever; who cares!...?

thats nice you seem like the kinda dude to help his uncle jack off a horse

these are the correct opinions,

Fuck you're right. I meant to use a colon. It didn't look right when I wrote it and now I know why.

>too insecure use any punctuation other than commas or periods
I wish I wasn't such a brainlet.

>csq L'Anglais ne peux pas profiter de le point d'exclamation !

embarrassing usage of the comma user, poor form matched only by equally poor compassion

FUK

It's just a phase, right?

ironically this
Most grammar rules are just there to make you sound more formal, which is inappropriate in most contexts. There's no reason to follow them

I was never even considered a gifted kid, guess I'm just a narcissist or these are just intentionally vague and easily applied to anyone, or both

Kill me, Pete

Who the fuck are you?

If he looks like this man

You're like a little baby
Right? I have a friend who always says kill me Pete and I know he would win this bingo

no its the punctuation equivalent of saying "that is to say"

I don't even read books, I just come here to look down on people

Auto-didacts spotted

>authority and government are good
Statecucks belong 6 feet under.

I like this prose where can I find more comma-kino

>At age 50, Dexter authored A Pickle for the Knowing Ones or Plain Truth in a Homespun Dress, in which he complained about politicians, the clergy, and his wife. The book contained 8,847 words and 33,864 letters, but without punctuation and seemingly random capitalization. Dexter initially handed his book out for free, but it became popular and was reprinted eight times.[2] In the second edition, Dexter added an extra page which consisted of 13 lines of punctuation marks with the instructions that readers could distribute them as they pleased.[7]

I still don't know how to use any of these punctuation marks; I would write more, but I'm bad at English—or in other words: a brainlet.

is this grammatically correct

girls can't be psueds

are you assuming that disembodied hand's gender?

triple bingo for me

Continental philosophers. Hegel, Kierkegaard, etc.

how should it be?

> he doesn't know that hands are a secondary sex characteristic
How old are you, sheltered child?

>csq
>ne peux
>de le
Quèque, ânon. Taupe quèque.

Kek

all girls are pseuds, what the fuck do you mean faggot?

user est mort.

>Signs of a Pseud
Making shitty threads for attention trying to find a pattern by something as simple and relative as using a grammatical symbol used in multiple languages

Now off yourself

t. pseud

Semi-colons give that feeling of reading a telegram.

It's because no one cares about comma splices anymore. Also this is a meme started by Kurt Vonnegut that's like the literary equivalent of not liking the word "moist".

R,e,a,l,l,y,?,

t. cornalito ye tortillato

/our guy/

jesus christ. anyone that relates to this is a true faggot.

which means im a faggot. god help me

>The only way that I'm well-known in Illinois State is that I'm the grammar nazi, and so any student whose deployment of a semicolon is not absolutely Mozartesque knows that they're gonna get a C in my class.
youtube.com/watch?v=w5R8gduPZw4

There are 13 appropriate times for a comma in English but I don't remember what they are. Best of luck.

commas are for faggots. I'm typing a stream of ideas it doesn't matter when I would hypothetically pause verbally that is unless you're speaking out my words like a brainlet. Real men use parenthesis (like this) to separate info into different levels of importance or to interweave them in parallel flows.

yeah they can, pseud for men is false claim on logos, pseud for girl is false claim on eros, so basically some bitch who thinks she's good at reading people and bringing people together but really hates all her friends. Big chunk of women.

I thought you only browsed /b/ and /tv/ Mr. Shatner

These tattoos are a suicide prevention statement. You get one so the next time you decide to cut your wrists you'll see the tattoo and feel too stupid to do it.

Oddly, I was considered a gifted kid. When I was 12, I used to get packed off to the local high school for a couple of hours a day to join the AP math class and one of the standard art classes, because despite my primary school being a small private school intended for gifted children they still didn't know what to do with me.

Of course, I dropped out of school entirely at 13, so I didn't get the full effect.

I just put them where MS Word says I should, and otherwise leave them out. Most of the time I don't need them. I find them a bit like interrobangs, and you can use either of the parent pieces of punctuation without being so horrifically wrong you've produced something unreadable.

I bet you eschew the Oxford comma too, you fucking loser.

>stillusingspaces

seems like that colon should be a comma

>No respected author uses semicolons to the same degree these wannabe academics do.
i imagine you haven't read moby-dick if you seriously believe this.

>mfw writing a sentence with a string of multiple semicolons
Suck it nerds

Because they put that shit next to L on the keyboard.
Do you know how many times I use L? A lot, okay?! If I am going to mispress a ;etter then I wi;; damn we;; use it so it doesn't go to waste

Not just better, but correct. This is a comma splice

Guys
MEN

I HAVE THE ANSWER

WE MEME HIM INTO CANADAS NEXT PRESIDENT

WE MAKE HIM WOJAKS , GOD

LIKE KEK AND TRUMP

Soy boys Zip Up!

Fuck off McCarthy

YES

>T. Brainlet; too feeble to master the might of punctuation—let it be flowing, seaming, bending, like a river: A river of lines and curves, only ever ending (if one desires such a thing) with one single dot.

Huh

I can see that, you, have never seen such grammatical beauty before—such perfection: Art thou impressed by our majestic skill?

Please let me carry your babies.

REALMENDONTEVENUSESPACINGPEOPLESHOULDVOCALIZEWHILETHEYREADIFITWASGOODENOUGHFORHOMERITISGOODENOUGHFORME

go to reddit

Semicolons are the easiest way to nest many ideas inside of each other besides footnotes, and most writing doesn't warrant footnotes.

I TEND to agree. However, I hardly even notice semicolons when they are used well.

I only use them in serious academic papers. The majority of the population doesn't even know what the fuck it does, so if I used them in my short stories, it'd actually do the very opposite of what punctuation is supposed to do.

R M D W H
E E O R O
A N N I R
L T T I
E Z
O
N
T
A
L

Semicolon is a suicide thing. It's a device used by instagram queens to show "SOMEONE COULD HAVE STOPPED, BUT DECIDED IT WAS BETTER TO GO ON" which means it's borne like some kind of stigmata by egotistical women who "tried to kill themselves" by taking six tylenol and then mass texting everyone on their contact list about it for attention.

Nothing literary about it at all.

Delete yourself,