What does he have to hide?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llIcg4CK86M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

big fucking teeth

fucking lol

A very small rhinoceros horn

I'm going to hide my fist in his torso.

It'd be satisfying to punch him. Not because I hate his fiction, though I do. It's just that it would be great to decimate an old man's skull with a single punch.

This. I want to straight up arbitrarily kill Pynchon.

They'll have to call him Thomas Punched-in when they see his face after I'm done with him.

He's a closeted pedophile and probably has homosexual tendencies. His three most important works (V., Gravity's Rainbow, Mason & Dixon) all present pedophilia in an ambivalent light. Paranoia has long been associated with sexual deviance

I smell bullshit..

Well, he did say every weirdo in the world is on his wavelength. That would include pedos.

If you'd actually read his books it'd hardly be a surprise. Nabokov is one of Pynchon's biggest influences and Lolita is referenced directly in V. (Lolita of course being published and finding controversy at the same time Pynchon was literally taking classes from Nabokov). There's a mass of scholarly papers on the homosexual tension in Pynchon's male friendships, most notably in Mason & Dixon. And the pedophilia of Gravity's Rainbow (Slothrop-Bianca), V. (V.-ballerina), and Mason & Dixon (South Africa segment) is more or less explicit.

He doesn't read like Nabokov at all.

>Paranoia has long been associated with sexual deviance
Source?

Wealth and normativity

Ha! Best post.

The fact that he's hardly read any books and that his references come from a research team of grad students.

For any Doubting Thomases, this was just proved in a different thread.

he's friends with thom yorke and norm macdonald

That explains why Veeky Forums likes him so much.

>he's friends with thom yorke
lmao no

>An underage b8 raping a fat man suffering from scurvy for what is implied to be around 24 hours while "doing her lips" with the blood from his gums

Quite a bit, IMHO

>all present pedophilia in an ambivalent light
>GR the scene literally takes place on a boat named after the god of death Anubis

yeah, ok

confirmed

bump

I've recently re-read M&D and I don't remember any incidents of pedophilia at all. what incident are you citing here, my dude?

He's probably talking about the scene with the daughters trying to sexually excite but deny Mason so that he will fuck and impregnate their slave. He can't read is what I'm saying, basically.

He doesn't write his own books.

t. pedophile apologists (pedophiles). The youngest daughter is clearly described as being twelve years old

Freud, for starters

I don’t remember anything like that in V. Do you mean Crying if Lot 49? Cause there's the nymphet song in that

No, you just have a weak mind.

Yes, and Mason is very clearly described as having no sexual interest in them. It's a further demonstration of the moral bankruptcy of the Cape Dutch, and an absurd joke about English politeness, i.e.: Mason tolerates their unwelcome advances because they are technically his hosts and it would be rude not to. It also speaks to his continued fidelity to Rebekah so many years after her death, when the adult slave woman climbs into bed with him he cannot even entertain the notion.

Just because he doesn't explicitly write "pedophilia is bad" doesn't make him a pedophilia apologist dude, did you even read Gravity's Rainbow?

forgot my pic

“Once I will say it, is all: that Crew does not live, it experiences. It does not create, it talks about people who do. Varèse, Ionesco, de Kooning, Wittgenstein, I could puke. It satirizes itself and doesn’t mean it. Time magazine takes it seriously and does mean it.”
“It’s fun.”
“And you are becoming less of a man.”

what did he mean by this?

Mm

I don't like any of his books outside of Gravity's Rainbow.

Did I fail the IQ test

Not even Mason & Dixon?

okay actual what did he mean by this: there's a scene in V where pig bodine runs out of condoms and someone tells him to go up on top of the ship and get blasted by radio waves cause it'll make him "temporarily" sterile, on the way up he meets benny and he tells him that he stole some hamburger and hid it up there, and when pig gets up there he finds that the radio waves cooked the hamburger and he tells benny that he saved him. did he fuck the hamburger?

The Hambruger shows what the waves do.
It would've fried his dick

Whats's not to get

He's actually a government funded committee of writers ala Shakespeare

IS HE CHANGING COLOR TOO

you cant punch the pynch

Mason at the slave house, also during a flash forward to present day at the narrators family’s house there’s a scene where one of the uncles is lusting over his young teenage niece and she teases him for it. Both of these things happen within the first 10 chapters. Did you even read the book?

I think Pynchon incorporates instances like these into the book very purposely. M&D is known to be extremely accurate depiction of the late 18th century, not only accurate in highly documented historical facts and figures but knowledgeable in the popular culture of the day. He seemed to want to paint a picture of how common pedophilia was. the founding fathers were most likely pumping 10 year old slave girls on the daily.

do you not understand irony or something?

He doesn't hide except only in the media. He has family and friends and goes out and stuff. It's entirely possible that you can track him down and snap some photos but only one person seems to have done that so far.

his son is such a natural swaglord in that pic, top kek

it's like he's staring directly into my soul

He probably has one of those sleeping rhythm disorders which makes him wake sleep days and be awake at nights.

>"closeted" pedophile

Stop justifying pedophiles. They can choose not to fuck kids.

You think that dude reads?

>My dude
shut the fuck up and go back to twitter. fucking kike. piece of shit. die whore

>freud

>you think that dude knows to read?

The Norm tweet was referencing Mccarthy, not Pynchon. Norm had actually tweeted about liking Cormac before that and if you've heard him talk about literature you'd know he doesn't like people like Pynchon. And also, Pynchon wouldn't give a damn about Norm.

I could buy this.

Not really, he's holding his dad's hand. Which is kind of gay.

Nah boy, he consuming it. You see his mouf open.

That's not him though

okay, Tom.

>I only fantasize about fucking kids ironically
Nice try, Tommy

oh man i wish I could write a fraction as good

I'm sure they both said "no homo" before

I don’t know he seems pretty indifferent to McCarthy to me
youtube.com/watch?v=llIcg4CK86M

The books he's published since 2000 have been about 3-4 years apart: Against the Day (2006), Inherent Vice (2009), Bleeding Edge (2013). He's due for another book sometime this year, maybe next at the latest.
There's a few things that could happen, some more likely than others:
>Another (final?) novel is published in the same 'Pynchon-lite' style of Inherent Vice and Bleeding Edge
>He spends a year or two more and releases another tome on the scale of Gravity's Rainbow, Mason & Dixon, and Against the Day. I doubt he wouldn't want to go out with a bang.
>Or, he doesn't release anything and continues hiding from the public.

I have a feeling he's going to do something big towards the end of his life. Either he goes all out and shows his face, or he hides away completely and has the last laugh. He dies and nobody sees his face again. What do you think?

A blueberry inflation fetish.

Certainly Jefferson was.

there will be no new books. wasn't this obvious from reading bleeding edge?

Classic radiohead fan.

bleeding edge felt like a Wiliam Gibson novel like Pattern recognition or so
not Pynchon at all

what did he mean by this?

The last sentence literally is "I'm not making books anymore Veeky Forums"

pretty easy to decipher

>

what the fuck is your problem?