Love letters

I'm going to write a love letter to my gf for Valentine's day, what are some good love letters to steal from? (Inspiration)

What have you written about to your love? What are dos and don'ts. I am going to tell her that I started writing and will try to compose a piece on the piano. How do I express myself with lyrical prose?

don't
she'll take a picture of it and post it on instagram for her friends to laugh at
learn four guitar chords and sing her a song instead
try "wonderwall"

My sweet little whorish Nora
I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck up in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue come bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.
You say when I go back you will suck me off and you want me to lick your cunt, you little depraved blackguard. I hope you will surprise me some time when I am asleep dressed, steal over me with a whore’s glow in your slumbrous eyes, gently undo button after button in the fly of my trousers and gently take out your lover’s fat mickey, lap it up in your moist mouth and suck away at it till it gets fatter and stiffer and comes off in your mouth. Sometime too I shall surprise you asleep, lift up your skirts and open your hot drawers gently, then lie down gently by you and begin to lick lazily round your bush. You will begin to stir uneasily then I will lick the lips of my darling’s cunt. You will begin to groan and grunt and sigh and fart with lust in your sleep. Then I will lick up faster and faster like a ravenous dog until your cunt is a mass of slime and your body wriggling wildly.
Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird! There is one lovely word, darling, you have underlined to make me pull myself off better. Write me more about that and yourself, sweetly, dirtier, dirtier.
JIM

You fucking rat

I don't think she has instagram, and I don't really care if she posts it. If it's good prose I won't be ashamed.

Valentines are Victorian, so, go for artful artlessness. Say what you mean, be honest, don't edit, and, don't impose.

Could explain further? What is artfull artlessness?

Say for example: "I am not serious about many things, but I am serious about my desire to be with you."
Would this work?

Not him, but I would absolutely not write that.

It means you say what you mean, often in no real order. It's about being honest without being demanding.
What you say might be true for you, but it imposes on her will because it says that you are serious about being with her regardless of circumstance. It's unlikely to be true. For example: you are currently not with her and not walking towards her, yes?

You're basically either promised to stalk her, or promised something you cannot deliver. You might not be serious about many things; however, that does not mean you are serious about your desire like you would be if you were serious about a job or getting that money back or the Raiders. So, you don't want to say serious if you don't feel that way.

Part of it is working out what you really mean and feel. I cannot tell you that. You're meant to tell her that, in a way that expresses you but allows her to express her feelings back. Do not overpromise or exaggerate, because that is disrespectful and implies she could not work out what serious means as much as you can't.

>If it's good prose I won't be ashamed.
it won't be, and you will be

Yeah, it sounds really gay. How about the paradox of me being away from her? So every day that goes by, I am saddened by the distance of our last kiss, but gladdened by the coming of our next. Does this theme sound romantic?

Thank you for clarification

Sounds a bit wordy. I think is basically saying 'keep it simple, stupid'. You just need to translate your feelings into basic English so as to get your message across and keep it easy to read.

Yeah, but this girl is pretty smart and not American, so I'd like to be a little bit wordy, while cheeky. I was going to tell her I started writing, and hope this letter doesn't reflect poorly on that. I.e. not being a graphomaniac.

came here to post this

Bump, nobody posted shit except that stupid fart meme

Dont write in it anything you would not be comfortable being read by your parents and coworkers/boss.

Yea, I won't be lewd, this girl said she shares everything with her mother, so I'm going to assume she'll get her hands on it at some time.

>but if I use the magic generic words that make girls love you, that will be the same as telling her my feelings
"no"

stop trying to outsmart her and impress her. you're not in a competition, you're trying to tell a qt you think she's a best. you don't need to convince her your novel is worth a $10,000 advance, or that you're a smooth talker or good salesman. you want to convince her you like her. stop trying to show off that you can use a thesaurus and show her you can tell her how you feel without showboating.

You want poetry. Try the love poems by emile verhaeren on gutenberg.org . They are in translation so the poetry itself is not great but the content will help you out.

Ok, thanks for getting my goal cleared out of the way. I will try to be concise in meaning.

Thank you

Girl here, this is the correct answer.

Nothing wrong with making an effort but being genuine is more important than being erudite

imagine you're explaining to Veeky Forums why you love her and she's a best. you know the weirdass shit people come out with here to defend their waifus when they love them. that shit's the kind of stuff you're going for. why you like her not why she shouldn't let you die alone.

What would you like to read in a Valentine's day letter?

She happens to be the smartest girl I've ever talked to, and looks like a loli too, I won't mention it like that though. She's only 18 so I should take her age into consideration too, she like young adult novels as light reading, but she knows they aren't high lit.

My pleasure.

>loli
yeah don't say it that way. but all the things waifuists say about their loligf are good (not the sex parts). tell her the smart thing.

rephrase the age concern (don't tell her you worry she's a fanciful YA reading young'un). don't conceal it, but don't phrase it as a YOU'LL LEARN THIS WORLD IS SHIT WITH AGE AND START READING NABOKOV PLS NO BECOME DRIED UP OLD CYNICAL WHORE or anything either. maybe you like she's smart and still has simple ideals about love and doesn't care for pretense. but not "you're only 18".

Dont tell her youre writing it. I got a few love letters from my so and the surprise was the nicest thing about it.
There is also a chance if shes not from the usa that she doesn't like valentines day but that depends. General rule of thumb is the more shes into valentines day the less desirable she would be as a life partner. If shes from eastern Europe you want to go for march 14 int womans day and include hwr mom in the letter.

The general topics I can think of are probably the same ones you already have in mind. Write about how she makes you feel, the things you like about her (especially things others may not have noticed), and tell her why she's special to you. I personally would not be opposed to a little bit of lewdness, but you said you were trying to avoid that. If she has any insecurities you know of see if there's a tactful way to let her know that you like/accept that part of her (proceed with caution here).

How you write it is more important. Don't try to be literary, it will probably backfire. Be genuine and speak from the heart. Be a little vulnerable and show a part of yourself that you keep hidden from others. When you are writing, think less about how it will make her feel and more about how well you are describing your feelings for her. Pretty much the only way a love letter to a girlfriend can go wrong is if it feels fake or contrived, like it's meant to show off something about yourself than communicate anything real. Be very honest - she wants to see the real you like you want to see the real her.

She's from Bavaria, so Valentine's day is pretty normal. I need to get her address, so she will have suspicions that I am sending her something. If everything goes well should I expect something in return. Since we live a bit apart we communicate online. We have met in person though, so it's not like an online only relationship.

Oh I think it's cute, and she is smart enough to know good literature without me having to push it on her or anything, but it is nice that she still so innocent about that. Thanks a lot user, it's good to talk with somebody about this.

that is a good point, I feel like I'll be trying to write as if it were a character, and not me.

Im in the same boat user. She really likes poetry and she wants me to write one but I have never read any poetry outside of some in school. The thing that's bothering me the most is I don't understand meters at all. If anyone could help that'd be great

>Oh I think it's cute, and she is smart enough to know good literature without me having to push it on her or anything, but it is nice that she still so innocent about that. Thanks a lot user, it's good to talk with somebody about this.
np, user. send her a small thing of chocolate (not fancy chocolate, unless she's a snob, but literally the cheap ones you can get out of vending machines) with the letter. it's the thought that counts, and keeping the postage low and the price of the gift low means she doesn't have to work out what your favourite expensive vidya is to pay off a perceived debt.

one thing bukowski got right about girls is that you're honest with them and they're cool. you can tell them i want to dip every one of your toes in rum raisin icecream and lick it tepid off your precious feet so long as that really occurred to you and they'll ask to snuggle instead because you're honest enough to get snuggles. it doesn't have to be poetry or good prose, you just need to tell them that you still jack it to that one time they squeezed your elbow when you had only seen each other twice and you'll probably still have that in the spank bank accruing interest in 50 years that bond's so solid and still they offer the snuggling.

be very honest.

Hahaha maybe I won't be that honest, good night user.

read it out loud. it's the best thing for meter.

you stop at the end of a line for a quick silence, like you would a comma. slightly less than a full stop.

imagine it's a nursery rhyme or song and use that to set the beat.

this joyce's poetry set to music:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYDTycRfR7Q
Strings in the earth and air
Make music sweet;
Strings by the river where
The willows meet.

There's music along the river
For Love wanders there,
Pale flowers on his mantle,
Dark leaves on his hair.

All softly playing,
With head to the music bent,
And fingers straying
Upon an instrument.

the beat's obvious in that, even stiltedly so. or for nursery rhymes it's easy to remember the rhythm:

ring a ring a rosie
a pocket full of posies
>even though you're dozy
>i really like your toesies

>Bump, nobody posted shit except that stupid fart meme
Kek. Now I'll know how to explain Veeky Forums to my friends

is there any rule for how many syllables in each stanza?

Neat. I'm going to court on Valentine's day to tell the bus people to go fuck themselves.

technically there are no rules, but if you're sticking to a strict form, look up that form and scansion (e.g. "petrarchean sonnet scansion") and you'll get sites that have the beats per line and how many lines per verse and before a volta.

i think there's a stephen fry book which explains the basics of poetry anons seem to like when starting out because it has that type of shit in it. but i haven't read it so i don't know if those anons are lying shills or not.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD FOOOOOOOOOOOR YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
I hope you are very happy on Valentinesday and every day before and after.
You and your LOVELY young lady!!!

written a love letter to a girl not too long ago after she told me she always wanted to get one

I think if you go full-on artsy and flamboyant language you'll come across as cliche and frankly quite awkward. If you really want to include poetic metaphors or shit like that, make it self aware, humorous etc.

In my case I mainly recalled our favorite moments from the past, told her how she made me feel during them. Opened up a bit later, wrote about the shit I'm going through in life the effects of which she could've misinterpreted as purposeful coldness. Finished it off with naming a number of things I'd like to do with her, where to take her, what to show her, threw in a "let's make love till we're numb".

Included a shitty little poem as a post scriptum, filled it with inside jokes. She made clear she likes my shitty poems for some reason, wouldn't write one if I were you unless you're absolutely sure that she'll enjoy it - again, crossing the line into 'tired trope' territory is very easy here.

Hope this is of some aid, worked for me, the response was overwhelmingly positive and the girl is my gf now although obviously the letter played a minor role in this.

Who are the bus people?

I'm writing poems to the bus people.
Maybe they're unloved like me
and in court on Valentine's Day
when they could be ferrying
thousands of boxes of chocolates
room for 37 standing tubs of roses
and 42 seated plush teddy bears with hearts
and very thoughtful cards that weren't some
generic crap you get from your grandmother
pretending to be your grandfather on your birthday
or made by hallmark or some filthy beatnik