Peterson's book was pretty disapointing. Advice was basically just common sense shit you heard in Sunday school

Peterson's book was pretty disapointing. Advice was basically just common sense shit you heard in Sunday school
Anybody read this? It seems more promising

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160521030243im_/https://188.213.242.34/d/xil2dps5tz2fvxiju33itaadlymufxps5rrn5rhgaa7h55iitmb7mmwh/Occult-Roots-of-Scientology-Urban.pdf
fishman.home.xs4all.nl/ls/indexls.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dianetics follows a consistent formula: Launch a salvo of plagiarized solid philosophical points at the reader and then rely on the momentum to slip a crackpot original idea into the mix. Anyone that has no real background would not recognize the plagiarism and may well be fooled into thinking that Hubbard had some significant wisdom.

Hmm interesting, have to start doing this with normies

If you're interested in the background on Hubbard this is worth reading:

web.archive.org/web/20160521030243im_/https://188.213.242.34/d/xil2dps5tz2fvxiju33itaadlymufxps5rrn5rhgaa7h55iitmb7mmwh/Occult-Roots-of-Scientology-Urban.pdf
ABSTRACT: The Church of Scientology remains one of the most con-
troversial and poorly understood new religious movements to emerge
in the last century. And among the most controversial questions in the
early history of the Church is L. Ron Hubbard’s involvement in the rit-
ual magic of Aleister Crowley and the possible role of occultism in the
development of Scientology. While some critics argue that Crowley’s
magic lies at the very heart of Scientology, most scholars have dismissed
any connection between the Church and occultism. This article exam-
ines all of the available historical material, ranging from Hubbard’s per-
sonal writings, to correspondence between Crowley and his American
students, to the first Scientology lectures of the 1950s. Crowley’s occult
ideas, I argue, do in fact represent one—but only one—element in the
rich, eclectic bricolage that became the early Church of Scientology; but
these occult elements are also mixed together with themes drawn from
Eastern religions, science fiction, pop psychology, and Hubbard’s own
fertile imagination.

hubbardfags are so easy to spot. tell your supervisor you posted to Veeky Forums, it got some replies so you don't have to go back to stage three auditing again.

WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?

i bet that brings back some memories.

>If you're interested in the background on Hubbard

look up "lonesome squirrel", by Steve Fishman.

fishman.home.xs4all.nl/ls/indexls.html

You have a lot of anxiety going on my friend. I just watched the movie the Master and it got me interested

You have never read Dianetics. I know it; you know it. Stop bullshitting.

So you've read it, what do you think of it?

Anyone wanna join sea org with me? I'm about to be homeless and they will give us shelter and food. California btw

Yeah sure fuck it, sounds like fun

Thanks. As a sidenote I lived about 100 yards behind the old Scientology building on Central Ave. South of Campbell in Phoenix, AZ for about six years in the early to mid 90s. I find it interesting that the Romans considered the old temple in the Arician Wood to be one of their holiest sites but Scientology just shit on their early home sites. I am not sure if the Central location predated the "Hubbard House" but, even if it does not, any legitimate religion should have considered such an early site to be of foundational importance.

>You have never read Dianetics.
I read about the first quarter of it and I stand by my takeaway.
>I know it; you know it.
You do not know anything about me of relative importance.

I'm in, user. Californian also.

Oh neat. I didnt want to go alone. You guys need to go to your local hq and sign up asap

>Peterson's book was pretty disapointing. Advice was basically just common sense shit you heard in Sunday school
Eh, I like his lectures but I really don't understand the obsession with him. I think most people never really watched his stuff, because it basically comes down to what you said, and the thing is, and he admits it himself, people just were never explicitly told these things.

Hubbard is worth studying because everything about him is like the ultimate Ur-Conman, the ease of which he meanuevered from country to country completely persuasive of his bullshit, his excellent abuse of psychology, his biography is a DIY manual on how to start a cult, how to manipulate friends and family, etc. His shenanigans were small feat either, Scientology has been from its inception, a private intelligence agency.

I legitimately fear Scientology for this reason.

Read the sacred and the prophane by eliade, it explains the significance of holy sites.

Hey you know what they say. If you can't beat them join them

You'd be surprised how many people. especially among millennials still blame the world for there problems

I mean the world is the source of all problems

there's blame on both sides
Many people subconsciously deny they have any responsibility for what happens to them. and as a consequence of this their problems are never fixed and they are miserable at the same time

For them will be an eternity of death while we look towards life

i have less anxiety than the jerky-eyed drones that eternally wander Swanston Street in Melbourne, desperate to make eye contact so they can approach you and ask you to take a free personality test. one can only wonder at what happens if they don't make their quota.

> DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK IN THE BOX?
> STARING COMPETITION! GO!
> FIRST ONE TO BLINK BEFORE THREE HOURS GETS ... AUDITED! AGAIN!
> AND YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!

>Hubbard is worth studying because everything about him is like the ultimate Ur-Conman

Hubbard's habit of making up grossly exaggerated lies about himself ("I was the youngest ever American Eagle Scout!") remind me a great deal of Captain Cheeto.

At least they have something to do. Some of them probably get puss as well

I'm liking this. Reminds me of Céline.