DC Veeky Forums meetup round 2: electric boogaloo

Do you live in the Washington DC region?

Do you enjoy reading books!?

Do you consider yourself to be a patrician™ in your taste of literature?!?!?!

Well, if so then you are invited to the second exclusive, premium, DC Veeky Forums meetup!

5:30pm on Saturday February 10th in the bar area of Russia House in Dupont Circle.

[email protected] for questions or rsvp although anyone is welcome to just show up without emailing.

Last time was a blast, heady conversations about literature and philosophy all around.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Baltimore
npr.org/2017/12/31/574824963/baltimore-residents-blame-record-high-murder-rate-on-lower-police-presence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what exactly did you guys talk about

hmm i dont wanna go. are you guys nice?

Enough about America, are there any Australians here?

I'll be there! I emailed you last time under guerillamail, did you get that?

Very, we had a no photo policy but everyone was friendly. No autists either, it was a bunch of well-adjusted 20-somethings with good social skills, most of us ending up leaving as a group and we met up with and hung out with other people and hit up other bars and stuff as the night went on.

yes I did

about Veeky Forums itself, literature, philosophy, religion, history, school, work etc

Kill yourself

thanks my dude

>dupont

No thanks, kid. Why don’t you meet somewhere cooler?

>Do you live in the Washington DC region?
No
>Do you enjoy reading books!?
No
Do you consider yourself to be a patrician™ in your taste of literature?!?!?!
No

We originally met there because an user recommended it in one of the threads organizing it but it worked out well. Nice atmosphere, short walk to the metro, not so busy that it was hard to find enough room or hear each other talk, they didn't card the one person under 21 who was drinking.

>dupont
>not meeting at Kramerbooks

bump

>meeting up in DC, the most plebian of cities
>not meeting up in Baltimore, a true city with real culture, history and architecture
Your washington monument is shit and your city is full of transient yuppies. You will never be a real city.

great idea. i'll be there.

love,
rapture

>you’ll never be a real city

That’s because we’re a district, not a city, you insecure child.

>Baltimore

Sorry, but I don’t want to live in constant fear of getting shot by stray bullets.

DC is to Baltimore what Patrick Bateman is to Edgar Allen Poe. We have soul.

Dc is literally better than Baltimore in every way imaginable.

Yeah and Frank ended up losing his cell phone and vomiting into the Potomac

And neither are as Veeky Forums as Boston

It's not and I've lived in both. DC is good only from a materialist perspective. It has no stable identity because very few people stay for long, and the professionals who live there are image obsessed to the max. Baltimore is poor, dirty and dangerous but you find almost everyone here. There are scientists and crack addicts within a one block radius of my house. I've had conversations with schizophrenic beggars at Penn Station and climbed around abandoned factories at night. Baltimore is rich in soul, DC has none.

DC is also just opressive in general. There's a certain standard of behaviour in DC, especially with the security surrounding the government. You're expected to be normal there. In Baltimore nobody gives a fuck about anything, in any way. People scream their lungs out on the sidewalk, nobody cares b/c the police have higher priorities. I don't know how to explain it, but it's a very liberating kind of feeling, living somewhere where nobody judges you.

There wasn't anyone named Frank who went you goofball, I remember you posting that nonsense in the threads about the last meetup.

Ah yes, sweet lady Baltimore. Low in educational attainment and median household income, but high in character, soul, and funkaliciousness
>*gets raped to death by roving pack of feral niggers*

The murder rate of the whole country went up and the rate in Baltimore actually went DOWN last year.

Yes, Baltimore is a nice city to live in. Stop being an asshat.

>oh no the BLACK PEOPLE
Go back to New England you racist fuck

I've been hit in the head by nigs before man. It toughens you up and teaches you not to be a pussy. You don't learn that shit in DC hanging around fags all day.

It's funny you should say that because in the threads for the Boston /lit meetup I see them complaining that it's not /lit at all and that everyones boring or an autist. I personally have had decent experiences with the people there but NE architecture outside of rich areas is so drab and depressing it makes me want to kill myself, I don't know how you people stand it. Everything looks like a haunted house or somewhere inhabited by opiate addicts.

> Everything looks like a haunted house or somewhere inhabited by opiate addicts.
Holy fuck I never thought I would actually be offended by something on /lit. God you're a fucking pleb moron. It's called correct form.

That's objectively not true though. Baltimore's homicide rate has been spiking steadily since the Ferguson riots and literally has never been higher
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Baltimore
npr.org/2017/12/31/574824963/baltimore-residents-blame-record-high-murder-rate-on-lower-police-presence

Why do you not know this? I don't even live in Baltimore and apparently know more about it than you do

Sounds like you've been hit in the head quite a few times, frankly

Wow you're really making me envy you for living there

My stem degree says otherwise but you think what you want. First user isn't me, and you're right to say that our murder rate is spiking. We're arguing from two different positions frankly.

safety is bad for you in the end m8

Alright folks enough with the arguing.

If you don't live in DC and don't plan on coming than don't shit up the thread with pointless bickering.

bump