Why do redditors aka (((intellectuals))) hate the Landmark series so much...

why do redditors aka (((intellectuals))) hate the Landmark series so much? It's the only guy who wants regular people to understand ancient history.

you will never see a classic treated with this much respect in your life. Why do you fags pretend this doesnt exist for good people?

source on people hating this? Ive seen nothing but love for them

Took this into my Western Civ class, a different translation from the one assigned, and received admiration from my GSI. It's a great book.

They're fine, I don't give a shit about appendices (besides authorial ones) or maps though since I have an internet connection. I didn't use the appendix since it's just Greek 101 and I'm bit of a map autist already so I hardly need all that shit. I don't know why "intellectuals" would dislike it though.

O, also the Tom Holland version has better maps.

anyone want the rest of these?

Hey

that a yes?

Whaf? Uhm. No

I just ordered this!

I have a related question
I am confused about what order in which to read the greeks.
I've read up to and including the Odyssey and I am not sure what is best to read next.

Works and days/ theogony
The histories
History of Peloponnesian war
Cambridge companion to greek tragedy
All the greek tragedians (I really enjoy these)

I pretty much get everything after that. I am just wondering if I should read the historical books or the poems and tragedies first.

you should read reddit dot com. It's very Veeky Forums to read this site. please. You will never learn about "le greeks" without knowing about r/3rdgradehistory and some random woman pretending to be a historian

Stop posting idiot

Ur spreading a mean thing u spiritual propagandist

10/10 helpful post ty ty

I didn't know it was hated. I absolutely love the timelines and notes he has done. They help me a lot to organize it in my brain

>don't know why "intellectuals" would dislike it though.
You know damn well they hate it because it makes the information easier for proles , poors and those not privileged to study shit in university.

Why don't they use white for water, it always confuses my brainlet brain first and I think the gray is land and white is sea.

they probably find it racist

Because it's laden with fucking 'authentic' appendices, tailor-made for pseuds/Redditors who want to LARP as history enthusiasts

Why are you so hostile to people understanding something better

I'm hostile to brainlet dilettantes

Why should information be allowed only to 140 IQ university people..? I'm dumb as fuck; I admit you are my superior in intelligence; these books help me a lot (and so do Routledge and Oxford publications with notes in pages)

>reading Herodotus and Thucydides to understand ancient history