Am i retarded

Is anyone else afraid of pic related? How do I know that I am actually intelligent and not deluding myself? What book or author can I read to prove to myself that I am not a brainlet? What author is a litmus test for intelligence, somone who really separates the intellectual-wheat from the pseud-chaff?

Check out that one thread

You can never know, so the only reasonable solution is to assume you're the smartest man on Earth and any display to the otherwise a mere setback on your unstoppable path of understanding

Caring about being intelligence is the sign of a pseud. Speaks more of your character than intelligence.
A true pseud would you say your answer is an IQ test

If you're asking yourself that, you're obviously not dumb.
Dumb people seldomely realize they are.

The true way is to assume that you know nothing.
Hubris clouds the mind.

The fact, that you think such a text/book/author exists, marks you as a brainlet.

Explain your reasoning.

L
>Hubris clouds the mind
Cloudy is that which flies in the heavens

This I think is the single biggest issue I have. I find the limitations of my own experience incredibly frustrating because I constantly feel as if I am working on such limited information that any and all conclusions are erroneous at best and optimistic delusion at worst.

This got even worse once I started noticing small involuntary peculiarities with my thoughts and actions; "When did I start doing x, why have I made a habit of x? Why do I favor y way of thinking over z?"

There's no answer to these questions. You can't know yourself at anymore than a superficial level. The entire way you frame "self" is a contrivance based out of a need for narrative consistency and predictability. That extends to peers, "they" are just animals you assign a sense of identity to so you can frame things in a way that you can actually work with, because the reality is that their motivations as living creatures and their behaviors stem from impossibly complex reactions to stimuli.

The best I can say in regards to trying to determine how "smart" you are, is that you are as smart as you are regardless of how you compare to others, so just work with what you have and "don't beat your wings against eternal walls."

try any of the anti-meme trilogy(+2666 by bolano)
i, a huge pseud, am planning to start reading the tunnel by gass in 2 days and see what's my skin worth
and if i fail, i think it's going to humble me
wish me luck either way
this guy's not wrong, greed is beneficial and it's not even the real problem, but the pretentiousness. it's when you take shortcuts such as namedropping to secure your intellectual status on Veeky Forums. i hope you know most of the people take "the social reality as a reality in itself", however crappy was that framed from me.
>inb4 anonymous image board
yea right, that's exactly why every pseud is baiting for (you)s from patricians, because they don't give a flip about the reactions they get to the posts. keep lying to yourselves
this is not related to the op
but still, not all of our inner life is to be reduced to reflexes, in fact i bet most of our thoughts come from another thoughts we had about reactions to the stimuli and it is also the reason many people go against what they're supposed to do as animals, such as eating broccoli despite its taste announcing a threat to you by its crappy taste. humans are more complex than that, they have built themselves through years and years of reacting to the stimuli and weighing whatever reactions are to be maintained or improved, or how to improve them etc. denying this structure, i'd like to call it "self", you call it as you want, might be...just the thing that stops you from knowing thyself at a deeper level, who knows? good luck either way

For real? Literature as a whole is just to subjective to pin down and a lot of how we think about certain stuff is zeitgeist. There are verbous books out there, that can be distiled down to just a few simple pages, without loosing their meaning and just because someone doesn't have the stamina for diatribes doesn't mean there are dumb. There are short works out there, even childrens books, that manage to convey alot of thought provoking stuff too and many "inteligent" folks look down on them. Furthermore, we all have different experiences and backgrounds, that make us approach books differently and it has nothing to do with intelect.

On a personal level I feel, you shouldn't come to a book like a student to a teacher, but more as if it was your friend. You shouldn't just understand and swallow something wholesale, instead take it in and form your own opinions on it.

With an IQ test.

damn

If you're sincerely preoccupied with being an idiot or normie-tier, just take an actual IQ test.

I've realized and somewhat accepted that I truly am dumb, not just ignorant, but legitimately dysfunctional memory double digit IQ dumb. It hurt for quite a while, and still does, but I'm not very suicidal anymore.

You're posting on Veeky Forums.

imagine walking around not knowing you are smarter than most of the population. either OP is an idiot or doesn't have many friends. The best way to know if you are intelligent is to meet a lot of people.

take an iq test try to learn a programming language or graduate level maths or upper division physics material. write something profound, compare with things you think are profound. take a color acuity test. that’s it. beyon that there’s no way of knowing besides subjective opinion. most smart people know that they are intelligent but they’re so aware of other more intelligent people in proximity to them its not remarkable or worth talking about at all

You have to actually do shit to figure that out, OP. You can't just read dense books to find out if you're a genius. The genius is the one who wrote them.

So go create something and let others be the judge.

Critique of pure reason

Intelligence is not a thing in itself. Don't worry, you don't have any intelligence, no one has intelligence. There are only intelligent acts, intelligent solutions, etc. "Intelligent people" is a made up thing to describe those who often do intelligent things. Any attempt to define whether someone is intelligent or not is absolutely useless, because you'd be wanting to know who is more likely to provide intelligent answers in the future though it can only be tested by tiny little cut out problems that supposedly emulate future problems. IQ tests are ridiculous, just disregard them.

In your life you'll feel retarded and you'll feel intelligent, but those are just feelings, they don't correspond to any consistent self, the next moment is a new moment. In the same way, people can call you stupid or praise your intelligence, you can score high or low on iq tests, or perhaps on sat tests, or do well or poorly at a given task, you can be told by the world that you are intelligent or not, but ultimately, none of it expresses more than a glimpse of something you can do and should not be taken into any higher account.

To think you are more or less stupid than how you seem is itself the weird thing. Because you are always just as stupid or intelligent as what you do, as what other hear, as how you perceive yourself to be. Those things have more to do with intelligence than some "true self" underneath.

And whether you are considered intelligent or not, it does not weight on your strategies of life. If you think you are stupid, or score poorly on iq tests, you must not use that as an excuse to drop the ball too early, to give up on chances because you'd think you won't take it in beforehand. And if you think you are intelligent, that doesn't make the next moment any easier, you still will have to continue to act intelligently in order to be intelligent, the effort never fades. Not to mention you'll most definitely experience moments of both and so if you think you're too smart, failure could lead to great frustration. And if you think you are dumb, success may seem as accidental or boost your confidence in the wrong way as if you were only to repeat that one act to perform your intelligence.

The only way to be intelligent is to continue to pay attention to acting in an intelligent way. Though that's no guarantee and it really doesn't matter.

>behaviorism
brainlet: the philosophy

I agree behavriorism is brainlet philosophy, weird for you to think my post has anything to do with it.