The Art of Cruelty

The cute girl that tends my local bar was reading this on a really slow night and it got me curious.

What can you guys tell me about her from her book selection.

when you see her next time just walk in another direction.

But why?

she's too good for you, that's why.

I think you're underestimating me.

I don't know anything whatsoever about you of course I'm underestimating you.

Do you want to know anything about me?

as much or as little as you want to tell me

maggie nelson is hip and cool and shit, she gives the whole 'gender and sexuality revolution' a really romantic color. girls like reading her and zadie smith for the same reason i think: it's intellectualized self-help covered over with highbrow genre labels (memoir & critical essay). i think it's basically chicken soup for the soul but for pseuds. goodo chance that she will want to argue about feminism and shit, but 'argue' in the way that cute narcissistic culture-vultures argue: they get rly emotional and vulnerable about it so you sorta feel like you're performing a theatre play when you talk.

anyway the argonauts is a fun read. if anything it's like momentarily plugging into the fem-zeitgeist

-I'm 25
-I'm self employed fixing and selling cameras / being an art photographer
-My most recent real job was June last year as an AML(Anti Money Laundering)/BSA analyst at a bank.
-I'm very cynical
-I'm currently reading JR
-I'm very liberal.
-I'm trying to get a short story published
-I have about $1200 in the bank

Doesn't sound terrible honestly.

>girls like reading
>girls

You have never been in a relationship with a woman.

ye the writing isn't too bad. if you're just trying to fuck her then read the argonauts and let it fill you up with all those cheesy the-world-is-changing-isn't-it-amazing vibes, then go talk to her about it.

you're a better person than me tbqh, I was joking about her being too good for you. ask her out next time you see her, I believe in you user.

That seems disingenuous. I'm not going to read a book to specifically talk to her about. If anything, I'd just ask her about the book.

i got a girlfriend right now my dude, what are you trying to say just spit it out i'm listenin

Thanks, user. I think I will.

>disingenuous

You're on Veeky Forums asking us to judge a girl based on one book.

a whore, a bitch, very likely someone i'd like hung after i'd heard her voice and its contents

Yeah, but it was mostly to see the triggered spergs rant about how much they hate women.

Like this user.

>naw dude im not gonna read a book just to have something to talk about ill just ask her about it and strike up a normal organic human conversation like a real human bean

>posts a thread on Veeky Forums to have something to talk about while spectating le loser anons and their anger toward women

Ok then

I don't hate women, I just don't like how their biology's evolved so much different than men's, very suboptimal for a lot of things.
I'd have more than 99% of the world's population hung for one reason or another, if that makes you feel better.

>I'm very cynical
>I'm currently reading JR
>I'm very liberal.

into the trash

Woah, woah, woah, I don't think you're losers any more than I am, but I just think it's funny to hear a lot of the pent up sexual frustration here.

I'm saying your bitch is illiterate in the first place.

im guessing illiterate is Veeky Forumsspeak for ‘she doesnt read aristotle and nietzsche in her downtime’ which is true. but i live in the world of sheep and cattle just like you mate. pretend all you want but sooner or later you gonna be in the ground like everyone else having achieved no measurable impact unless you learn that if your work aint shareable it aint shit

Thanks for the lecture, Dad. May I go cut the lawn now?

you may go