This is without a doubt the dumbest twist ending I've ever read

This is without a doubt the dumbest twist ending I've ever read.

After 6 goddamn books of him looking for his lost time-piece the thing was under his bed the whole fucking time.

the real loss was the friendships he could have made along the way.

Yeah I really wish he would have spent more time with the talking cat.

basically just Wheel of Time but in French lol

>when your waifu enjoys anal sex with somebody else

>he doesn't get the joke

so is this basically the endless eight of literature?

>caring about the plot

You have to care about the plot if you're summarizing Proust.

much like a never ending prank

Plot is undeniably essential for Proust

Proust's novel ostensibly tells of the irrevocability of time lost, the forfeiture of innocence through experience, the reinstallment of extra-temporal values of time regained, ultimately the novel is both optimistic and set within the context of a humane religious experience, re-stating as it does the concept of intemporality. In the first volume, Swann, the family friend visits...

I always thought this book had nothing to do with each other (characters wise). Are they actually one big story?

This is without a doubt the dumbest twist ending I've ever seen.
After two goddamn acts of them waiting for Godot he was already there the whole time!

these books*
jeee

the point is that the things you spent most of your life searching for are right there inside you all along, you fucking imbecile

Yes.
Albertine dies
M.’s grandmother dies
Robert Saint-Loup dies
Swann Dies
Mme Verdurin and Prince de Guermantes both their spouses die

Everything is connected and builds off each other starting from Vol1

No the joke is that he wasted a lot of time.

This is actually the point, and I can bet that people who have actually read the book agree with it, so I don't even bother reading it.

Am I justified Veeky Forums?

The fact that he wasted a lot of time in his life is still included in what I said. He wasted a lot of time searching for something that was under his nose the entire time.

How long did it take you to read the whole thing OP?

thanks for that OP, now i can mark it "read" on my goodreads without having to bother with it

>it turns out I was Ulysses all along
Fucking seriously? Great book of the 20th century my ass.

Hip ref bro