So I've just finished my first book( this)

So I've just finished my first book( this).

Any suggestions about where to go from here? Im told Plato's Republic is quite good.

Yes it is. The Republic is mandatory reading. One of the few books almost everyone on Veeky Forums has read. This includes The Holy Bible, mind you.

S.W.T.G

Yes, The Republic is a good read.

HOWEVER, it was BTFO by Zeno's The Republic, but alas the text is lost to time and we only have references to it.

Such is life, my little Internet friend.

your reached your zenith no need to read anything else. i would have read the vedas first but if you managed getting to the end i give you mad pros.

What did you think of it?

Why did you choose this book as your first one to read?

>Plato's Republic is quite good
it's a philosophy book not a blockbuster on imdb. meaningless posturing

shut up, pedant

I'm with this user, The Republic it's more about getting new ideas by agreeing/disagreeing (hopefully more of the latter) with whatever Plato happens to be theorizing at any given moment. IF you take it as a self-help book like you might with Peterson's publishing's (p.p. or peepee for short) then you're going to have a bad time.

Read the Euthyphro, Crito, Apology and Phaedo first.

Nicomachean Ethics

reading plato in the 21st century is like reading pre-newtonian physics papers. it's a total waste of time unless you're a historian

More like learning to walk before you can run.
Don't be a fag, SWTG

Plato as well as Jordan Peterson are essential reading, as pioneered in the reading plans for the MGTOW program. You may not agree with the movement, of course, you are free to pursue women; however, you should know that you are in their company with such works. Onward and upward, user.

thinking plato is easier to read than modern philosophers is exactly the kind of asinine bullshit that comes from telling philosophy noobs to read him

that would be true if science had the same object as metaphysics.

t. proud retard

This.

Saying this requires a fundamental misunderstanding about what the point of Plato is in the first place
ie you're a fucking moron
But OP should start with the trial dialogues instead

I enjoyed his lectures

t. brainlet

except that Plato is the Newton of Philosophy. Your sentiment would barely apply to the pre-socratics.

start with the greeks

The more you read actual philosophical works on ethics and politics, the less you'll care about what Kermit the Pseud has to say. So yes, Start with the Greeks as soon as possible.

literally any other book will be an improvement. the only way is up.

*blocks your path*

Plato has some interesting works, but The Republic is not one of them. The long, dull work of a Pythagorian who has run out of solids.

t. professional philosopher

>no one realize this is an ironic post

HOLY SHIT LADS
POST MODERNISM AT WORK, EAT LOBSTERS, PET THE CAT.
REPEAT
LOBSTERS, EAT THE CAT
REPEAT
EAT LOBSTERS, AND CAT

ROOM BUCKO

GO TO YOUR ROOM

I AM YOUR FATHER

JESUS CHRIST JASON

AHEHDJIDWMN2

SMACK

SMACK

>How science can determine human values

In a word:
"No."

Lobster

father lobster
benthic and red
eat me your fish husband
and take me to bed.

Lobster heathens
Pathetic in bed
Meet me, the french husband
Get on the bread

bathetic heathens
dullards and dead
pass the French mustard
you give great head

Nice roast on op.

t. proud intellectual

Apethic and synthetic
Gilliards on the dead
Lass, I am the top bass
You are condemned

lmao

non-canonical versions of
what William Shatner said:
"where frontiers have not gone before
we boldly go ahead"

48 Laws of Power

Assassin's creed novels are pretty good

Wasn't Plato the leader of the assassins?

But Newton is also outdated and pointless to study in any practical sense.