Brainlet family members?

Veeky Forums, how do I deal with my brainlet family members talking in phrases they don't understand?

A few weeks ago I used the phrase 'intellectually dishonest' around my parents. They had never heard this before somehow and now they are OBSESSED with using it in every possible context. Some examples

>Had a really big shit in the toilet
>Dad goes in after me
>'AWW GOD SON. WHAT A SMELL. THAT SMELL IS INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST'
>winks at me and goes to shit

>Mom makes dinner
>Asks if I liked it
>I say yes
>She says 'IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT THAT WOULD BE INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST'

>Dog won't sit down
>Dad shouts at it
>'DANG IT YOU ARE BEING ONE INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST LITTLE DOGGY'

I think they are doing it because they feel I am 'smart' (I am not that smart myself) and they want to 'connect' with me by using a smart sounding phrase. They sometimes come into my room uninvited and start a conversation where they use the phrase at least 5 times every 10 sentances, for example my dad burst in whilst I was reading and started pointing at the book and saying 'I'VE HEARD THIS ONE IS INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST , PAGE 111 IS INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST'. It was a fucking Italian language textbook ffs

How do I make this stop? I need to explain their misuse without angering them

They're making fun of you. You're the brainlet for not realising this.

sounds like they are making fun of you because you are the actual brainlet in the family

no they are serious

it sounds like they're just having some fun with you. I can't be sure but it reads like they know they're using it wrong on purpose and just taking the piss out of you. but at the same time they're trying to include you, like they understand you're on another level but they still want to have fun and joke around with you.

just allow yourself to have fun with them. try pointedly using their little phrases incorrectly back to them, but just as a joke not mean. they'll probably crack up. it's not always crucial to be literal-minded, you know.

you should ping pong more of your ideas with them.

no they are serious trust me

They're intentionally misusing the word to laugh at you, mate. They're doing it to cope with the fact that their son is pretending to be an intellectual, making them feel stupid and inferior and so on. You call your family "brainlets" on the internet, I can only guess your attitude irl

you're being mocked jack ass

Jesus fucking christ listen to me - THEY ARE NOT DOING IT ON PURPOSE. THEY KNOW I LIKE TO READ PHILOSOPHY AND ALWAYS TRY TO ENGAGE AND FAIL HORRIBLY BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND.

Example - I was reading some antinatalism recently and tried to explain how the viewpoint is that net suffering will always outweigh pleasure so birth is a bad thing.

How did they respond? They started asking me questions about female genitalia everyday because they thought I was referring to the pain of stretching the vaginal canal during childbirth. They bought me a fucking model vagina for my antinatalism studies. This was sincere, completely, they are brainlets. That isn't an insult, they just are

This is hilarious

they sound sweet youre a real piece of shit user i hope they disown you for being a retarded neet

Read me again friend, I never said they were smart. But you know, you seem to go well with your family

but don't you think it's hilarious, though? why are you getting so twisted up in knots over this?

That would make a good sitcom episode

>when you're such a virgin your parents buy a model vagina for you
Holy...

Oh man OP is getting so fucking roasted and he doesn't even realise it. Your family may not be well-read geniuses but then it doesn't take a well-read genius to spot a fucking pseud.

kek!

KEK this is obviously fake but it's fucking hilarious

> THEY KNOW I LIKE TO READ PHILOSOPHY AND ALWAYS TRY TO ENGAGE AND FAIL HORRIBLY BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>THAT SMELL IS INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST
ahahahahahaha

Sheer pottery

Honestly this. My parents have always provided for me and offered to support me in whatever I do. However, never once have they tried to share any of my passions that aren't golf or hunting. I fucking wish my mom and dad tried to talk about this stuff with me. This dude sounds like a little faggot. So what if they are using it wrong? They love you. Grow up and just ignore it.

Intellectually dishonest bait

this post is intellectually dishonest

Your parents are trying to connect with you, they're showing an interest in the things you like because they love you. They sound really sweet.

Stop being a twat and love your parents. It seems trivial to you now, but when they are gone, you will really regret all the bad shit you ever said about them, trust me.

your family are funny and you're autistic
wait a second, you're trolling and i'm autistic
carry on

>How did they respond? They started asking me questions about female genitalia everyday because they thought I was referring to the pain of stretching the vaginal canal during childbirth. They bought me a fucking model vagina for my antinatalism studies. This was sincere, completely, they are brainlets. That isn't an insult, they just are
Dude, they think you're a virgin lol. This is probably a troll though.

>hey guys look at me commenting on the thing
>give me likes
faggot

why do we get this kind of thread so often ? you children

bump

Fucking worked la no wonder they like fucking with you so much

is this real or am i being intellectually dishonest'd to?

Actually calling out weird retards is an authentic Veeky Forums tradition.

Its just a bit of banter innit