I enjoyed this

I enjoyed this.

me too

me free

I agree

It's okay. Veeky Forums shits on it because "muh reddit," but you know.

I like sirens of titan more

I didn't, but good for you.

I had no idea about Dresden before reading this book, so it was pretty impactful. I still don't get why it isn't remembered like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

his other shit's better.
it's not muh reddit, it's that none of the so it goes tattoo girls have read anything else by him, and so they think we're weird because we've read slapstick and wanted to snuffle their crotch for intelligence.

PERFIDIOUS

>I still don't get why it isn't remembered like Hiroshima and Nagasaki
I’d say it pretty much is, at least in Europe.

>I still don't get why it isn't remembered like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Just stop talking and stick to the given narrative, goyi- I mean, my friend. Remember the 6 gorillion.

Because Hiroshima and Nagasaki are the only times an Atomic Bomb has been dropped on a sovereign country whilst at war...

Plus, strategic bombing of cities regardless of civilian casualties was absolutely normal, as the Germans proved by bombing Rotterdam, Warsaw, London.

Whats with roasties and taking a picture of wine with a vonnegut book next to it

Dresden's of no strategic importance is why it's remembered as different. It wasn't chosen because of any reason other than the civilian casualties it would cause. That was the point of the bombing. The others have strategic importance and factories which help the war effort and large numbers of troops and government bodies. The Allies bombed Dresden because it was a free city which meant that it would be a way of showing that if surrender wasn't immediate, devastating civilian casualties like the scale of the atom bomb or open fire bombing of unprotected targets with no military affiliation would become the norm. It's part of the shock effort which includes the atomic bombs, which was to convince the Axis powers that any continuation would lead to their total genocide.

That's why people group the firebombings in Europe with the plans for Japan. The Russian slaughter machine on the eastern front at the time also stepped up it's total terror, but that was human and not a bombing, but it's part of the same convergence on a plan for how to win the war and end it quick.

Vonnegut is a smart people writer and I'm smart :3 xD

Dresden wasn't "strategic regardless of civilian casualties," it was purely about bombing as many civilians as possible in retribution for the Blitz. exact parallel to Hiroshima and Nagasaki except it didn't immediately to a surrender.

google so it goes tattoo bro.

and the handwritten * too

that one kills me. it's a picture of an asshole. do they have some weird amputee type fetish where they want anal except in their left forearm?

>other than the civilian casualties it would cause.
but thats so mean

But why should other people influence your opinion on a book?

so it goes