How do you go from this:

How do you go from this:
>leave pre-socratics, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Descartes, Kant, Hegel, Marx and Nietzsche to me
To this:
>stop doing philosophy
?

Simply philosophy is just nothing but a big lie. Only God is the answer.

In just five easy steps

The bunch of idiots he suported lost the war. He hid in the woods in shame and thought nothing was worth it anymore. The ambition of youth was gone

>the ambition of youth was gone
I'm just 20 and I feel like I lost it too, it started after an acid trip when I was 17. I'm just too chill about nothingness, I simply don't "want" things, at least 90% of time. I have nothing to fight for, nothing to demostrate, nothing to say; and I don't want any of those either. I'm only interested in bonding with nice people, but nice people don't want me because I'm too boring.
I have talked a lot with my grandmother the last two years and I have discovered we have a lot in common, she notices things I also notice but that a lot of other people don't. I think a part of me became too old too fast, while the other remains young but missing a part.

>druggie is a loser with no ambitions
Big surprise

I wasn't ready for this and I have no idea of what to say.

Whats wrong with not having ambitions? I really don't get what even is an ambition.
I was really depressed all my life until recently because I started treating it and I can think clearly for the first time in my life. Life seems so easy now compared to how it was before, suicidal all the time. I'm just happy for being able to wake up and not wanting to end my existence the moment my eyes open and have enough energy to make myself a breakfast, what else could you ask for?

Stupid childish comment get off Veeky Forums

*deletes Veeky Forums premium account*

Nothing you said makes you a loser. But someone denigrating strangers who are 20 years old for not yet understanding their ambitions on the otger hand...

Try "iktfb", or quote some feelsy Nietzsche passage to add some literary substance

I envy those that because of not understanding their ambitions go on and experience extreme realities during all their lifes for the sake of following something impossible or false. It is an aesthetically more interesting becoming, an example of this is the main character of The Red and The Black or the teen years of the poet Rimbaud. I feel like there is something similar in them that was also inside me when I was a younger (not comparing myself to them, of course, my experience and passion was nothing compared to those two), and I still see this in people of my age or older, they haven't lost it. My fire ended too soon, but is not that bad, I still have little moments like that and I can get joy out of them, struggles are something we should try to celebrate, but the level of cruelty is too much to bare sometimes, I don't blame those who decide to commit suicide, they are not cowards.

Have you ever considered that the difference between you and those people who you perceive as having 'ambition's is just that they've reconciled themselves with the world and are actively participating in it? You talk about 'wanting nothing', have you considered that there is nothing in the world that is worth wanting, or that you just have yet to discover it? You're 20 fucking years old, in these times it's not so ridiculous that you haven't yet found a cause to devote your life toward fulfilling. Ambitions are saturated and numbed out by market economics--my hunch is that you're just not interested in the kinds of advantages one reaps from ruthless competitiveness and accumulation.

In earlier times someone like you would have become a wandering ascetic. You have realized something it takes people hundreds or even thousands of lives to realize.

Start meditating at least.

c y b e r n e t i c s

Noooo

You are missing the point

I suppose there's nothing wrong with being satisfied with where you are in life.

Ambition is a yearning without content. It's like a fire; immaterial and consuming whatever it is given. When we are young, we don't care what we do, just that we do something of note. So, there are no ambitions, just the one Ambition. Sometimes people decided upon a particular path, and become attached to that path, so that their Ambition can only be satisfied in it.

Every "ambition" that isnt the one Ambition seems like bullshit