Post shelf gore

post shelf gore

Not quite as bad as that but my shelf is pretty messy

The point isnt necessarily to post your own messy dogshit shelves but to mock others with poor taste for the smug sensation of satisfaction and superiority it brings to our otherwise empty lives.

>/pol/ poster dected
I like how you just have MEIN KAMPF siting there its a huge red flag sitting in your room also looks like you gor your read pill reading done

WOAH these guys must be really tough irl..... i'm scared

Just depressing desu

are you a philosophy teacher/student

Is the Ford translation any good? I hear Manheim comes much closer to the original.

>Richard Dawkins
>Bill Bryson
>Non-fiction

ha ha!

Just because he has mein kampf doesn’t mean he is /pol/. Look at all that philosophy, maybe he just I don’t know, actually has intellectual interests in the world.

> Look at all that philosophy, maybe he just I don’t know, actually has intellectual interests in the world

Let's see,
>Nietschze
>Machiavelli
>Celine
>Aristotle
>Satre

Not even mentioning the non-fiction this is a shamelessly blatant /pol/ pseud bookshelf. And with the fiction the neo-china leanings take an embarassing obviousness. Also Hesse, Burroughs, Simmons, Gaddis - unironically, are you in high school?

>I like how you just have MEIN KAMPF siting there its a huge red flag sitting in your room
Who gives a shit? You'd character assassinate someone for simply owning a book? He might be racist, but can't you at least wait until he says some racist shit before you call him one? I'm not even white and I resent this hysterical policing so much. This is how you make people embittered btw.

Are you so woefully brainlet that you can't even wrap your mind around people buying and studying works of ideologies/concepts that they're opposed to in order to better make a case against them? Do you really think that a serious reader is only ever studying thought that they're in favour of, and never the opposite? Is that how you personally "read"? Just shut it already.

someone post the trump bookshelf

Hasn't this been posted on /pol/? It got a lot of hate there too, but mostly targeted at the video games.

What I ment was maybe for normyes It might be a red flag

Owning Mein Kampf doesn't mean anything. You can read books just to read them and to understand someone else's idea. I own in and I'm not a Nazi. Nor would I judge someone if I saw this in their collection.

This

Yeah because I'm going to go out of my way to buy mint copies (also note it's the Ford translation haha this guy actually did his research before clicking "Add to Cart") of Hitler, Rushdie, Celine etc., display them with obvious forethought and post them proudly online.

No one is going to dig into you for having Jung or Hamsun on your bookshelf but if the surrounding books are consistently edgy racist meme authors it's pretty obvious that you're a proud /pol/ poster.

>buying and studying works of ideologies/concepts that they're opposed to in order to better make a case against them?
Yeah because I need to buy a copy of Mein Kampf before I can really truly convince myself the Nazi regime was bad.

Also why wouldn't you read a pdf or get it from the library in that case.

How are authors like Rushdie, Burroughs, or Sartre /pol/? Rushdie is the biggest #I'mWithHer staunch atheist on the planet.

What are you even going on about? Aristotle? Sartre? Sartre!? Have you ever even been to /pol/? No one there is reading goddamn Sartre.

Not racist just entry level. Pretty embarrassing having that stuff on your shelf like you're showing off.

>those virgin, unfolded spines

Sure it's entry level but where else are you going to put it? Christ. These shelf threads are pointless anyway, of course.

Most people would know to put books like Mein Kampf somewhere where nobody can see them.

Mate you need to understand that for all your supposed resentment of /pol/ being an invasive presence on this board you always happen to be the sort who forces the running topic of conversation toward that board. I would recommend that you ignore them, but then you wouldn't get to have fun bitching about them, which is what you're really about behind the faux concern.

My school library had a copy of mein kampf.

Cuck

Most people wouldn't give it a second thought because they're not inviting over hysterical soapboxing assholes over who'd malign them for simply having a book on their shelves.

Oh I see, you don’t care about his politics, you’re just being a dick. Yeah, they’re all resting on a giant cassette player; what a loser it’s 2018 gramps! Buy some CDs on AOL! LOL

Feel better with all these (you)s? Maybe now you can finally go reread finnegans wake next to that cute girl in class, I’m sure she’ll talk to your pompous ass this time.

Sorry I called your bookshelf lame but it's for your own good. If you ever have people around (ha ha) you should work on making a better impression.

>Maybe now you can finally go reread finnegans wake next to that cute girl in class, I’m sure she’ll talk to your pompous ass this time

That's a very specific scenario, user

>Feel better with all these (you)s?

Yes thanks for asking

Martin Shkreli

>Sorry I called your bookshelf lame but it's for your own good
That's not my bookshelf, user. You are clearly too obsessed with /pol/ to the point where you are inadvertently shitting up this board as much as they are. You are literally helping them you dunce.

This looks like my shelf when I was a teen

I’m not a pol user or a Nazi. I am a bit racist though.

>normie
The word is normalfag. Gtfo newfag

based

anyone have that guy with the typewriter and the single lamp? the guy who stacks books on his messy desk?

Is is gore if I have a six tier bookshelf that is only half full?

>Dean Koontz surrounded by the lesser King and Hill

Notice how all the shelves posted here are clearly owned by males.
Makes you think, huh.

>Makes you think, huh.

it really does

Why would it? Male is default.

okay but Hugo Cabret and The Jungle are exceptions here

Ever actually read biology? Female is default. Males are fetuses that form a chromosomal abnormality. What else form chromosomal abnormalities? Down's syndrome.
Really makes you think, huh.

Clearly this shelf belongs to a teenager. Way to go for the low hanging fruit faggot

>I only read classics

>Mostly fiction
>Nendoroids
You can almost smell the soy.

I can smell this guy's greasy fedora from here

Honestly, don't have a problem with these shelves. They might be reading mindless dross, but at least they fucking read it.

Beats 99% of you pseuds with your identical collections, all with fresh, uncracked spines.

calling women default because of that reasoning is like calling 0 the default number rather than one. In either case, it's semantics, but the analysis provided is that when talking about objects, 1 is usually a more relevant number.

2/10

A modern classic

this level of desperation is actually frightening

no, that's opportunity.

exactly my thoughts kek what a pseudo

The comment is much worse than the actual shelf.

Penguin spines crack so easily too - obviously hasn't even opened them.

the books I like

Fedora as fuck but the Panzram book looks cool.

bait

the only good book on that shelf is mein kampf

You're a grill aren't you.

Do those people think they're getting something out of this catered menu style reading experience that is actually beneficial or is it literally just to fit in?

>you're not allowed to read books that i don't like, especially when they're historically relevant
the absolute state of Veeky Forums

plz no bully

hard to bully when there is nothing to be seen

good.

You can spot The Iliad and Odyssey a mile away.

guess my age

somewhere between 18 and 30? not much of a guess I know

Terrible picture, can't really tell things apart.
Anyways I'd day that you are in your 30s

why does noone ITT have a decent camera

28 yr. old Belgian

>but mostly targeted at the video games.
Lies. /pol/ hates every author on that shelf except Trump.

Every time it gets posted the books are the focus of the hate.

>hey guys stop educating yourself god damn 1!!!! someone want to talk about transexuals? :)

>First book I see is King
Oh...
>All the books are King
/thread. you won, bestgore.

>moby dick sandwiched inbetween all that bullshit
It hurts

I unironically like at least half of this.

What is the point in these little figures? Why are they popular?

Genuinely baffles me desu

nerd culture and the race of who can buy more useless shit

capitalism gives the soyboy a sense of pride and accomplishment

i don't really get those pop vinyl things and i get even less why people keep them in their boxes
aren't they just like beany babies or whatever?
do they actually have any value for collectors? are there rare ones that have actually sold for a lot of money?

huh i should have read the whole thread

bump

mine

the first ~100 pages of The Meaning of Night are god-tier

since when did we allow gyppos on this board

I don't have a shelf, just a table against a wall

do you actually read these? A lot of em look unread

The one unread on this pictures are:

> 2666
> The Last Man (the Shelley one)
> Satantango (not finished yet)

It's a picture from last year, books like The Ego and its Own I've read since then.

>David Day
Unacceptable

Here's the shit I never read, hence why it's in a repurposed dresser

I need a new bookshelf, my other table is overflowing