How come non-english publishers almost always have superior book covers...

How come non-english publishers almost always have superior book covers? Here's the french edition of Man in the High Castle. Need I remind you of the english book cover?

JUST

This is the only binding acceptable

The German publishing industry would like to differ

This is what happens when the CIA is in charge of dumbing down an entire continent.

Enjoy

Why would you wear a watch with only one pointer?

I really despise these lazy covers, if they paid some artist a couple hundred bucks for an illustration they would make that money back easily.

>Dick
heh

I dunno, I kinda like this Anglophone edition

The "literary" set can't appreciate them vintage SF covers. Instead they forever cling to muh minimalism.

Dutch version

brazilian version

there's also this one

>do
>DO
>FROM IN PORTUGUESE
WHY?

Americans and *nglos are soulless, thats why

Looks straight out of the 90s, in the gay millennial sort of way

More importantly why do US publishers fetishize over lther people's praise? The abacus IJ has 5 positive reviews on the back cover, 11 in the first two pages, and one one the front cover wtf. Plus there's a foreword by dave eggers which is basically gratuitous praise, and a few 'ads' of other works by DFW in the last pages, each one with two positive reviews below! Can't an ameritard eat his vegetables without ingesting a spoonful of sugar every now and then?

>Inb4 IJ is shit blah blah
Not the point. Many other english book I saw share this same 'feature', not so blatantly though. Here in Italy it is not so common to see that much praise except maybe a positive comment on the back cover or two, unless we count best sellers.

Actually how come writers aren't involved in the creative process most of the time? I'd be furious and I personally dislike buying books whose covers differ from the first edition - exceptions being text only covers.