Whats your favorite pseudoscience book of all time? Pic related is mine

Whats your favorite pseudoscience book of all time? Pic related is mine.

The Bell Curve

but thats real

Found the minority

Let me guess. This book somehow isn't about the curious effect that your brain just kind of makes up various flavors? Like how gummy bears are actually the exact same flavor and ingredients except the odor they give them fooling your brain into thinking it's actually that flavor

The idea is that flavour is indicative of nutritional value. When you get a craving for a food it's because your body is aware that that food has the nutrients you presently need. The dorito effect specifically is that doritos are flavoured like real nutricous things but when you eat them your body recieves no nutrients and signals you to continue eating.

That's a weird pseudoscience way of saying your body has an evolutionary need to consume fat and salts.
>There's no nutrition so you body keeps eating
That just sounds like an excuse for fat people

>asks a stupid question
>gets decent answer
>continues saying stupid things

Would freakanomics count? Never actually read it mind you kinda interested tho

>excuse for fat people
Well, no. It explains why you can eat doritos forever without feeling sated but can eat much smaller portions of food that's actually good for you and feel full.

There's a story in the book about an experiment they did on orphans where they let them choose their own food each day from a buffet and after the first day, on which they just ate candy, they ate strange things that covered all their nutritional bases. Most interestingly, one of the kids had this disease, the cure for which is cod liver oil. They asked him if he wanted to drink a glass of cod liver oil every night and he did until his disease was gone.

please describe how this is "pseudoscience" rather than "popular science"

a "pseudoscience" book would be one that e.g. said that doritos could cure several different diseases using some poorly explained mechanism somehow involving quantum mechanics

That isn't pseudoscience, it's just science for people who are soul crushed enough to want to read something so inane.

Smell is part of something's flavor you fag.

omg im so triggered :(

It's literally pseudoscience.

>Spends an obnoxiously self-indulgent forward telling you it's not a scholarly work
>Drops countless statistics and theories to support his 'out-on-a-limb' hypothesis, but never provides any detail because "it's not a scholarly work, bro"
>The reader has no choice but to 'trust' that the author is using their data correctly, while the author remains immune from peer review or academic critique
>Almost all observations support some SJW agenda (pro-abortion, white guilt explanations for low IQ blacks)

>>Almost all observations support some SJW agenda (pro-abortion, white guilt explanations for low IQ blacks)

I just looked up the book and turns out both of the authors are Jewish, probably just a coincidence

Doesn't matter if it's a coincidence or not, you just have to clarify that your reply is not a scholarly work.

I really like Malcolm Gladwell

the authors of pretty much everything are jewish

>neuro anything
>psychology
>business research
>HR studies
>meditation and mindfulness
>travelling
>brain scans
>social media

Are we in a golden age of shitty self help? The time is ripe for a parody surely.

Yeah, insects have all kinds of nutrrients yourr body craves for, all really really vital nutrients. Following your retarded "logic" or that of evolutionary psicologists we should find silkworms delightful, also multivitamins, also "flavourless" protein powder, even fucking depositions, as they have a lot of undigested super healthy nutrients.
If a mother doesn't put the fucking boob on the infants face he dies niggi, he dies.
Eh, just remembered i'm in a pseudoscience thread, you belong here. Forgive my audacity.

Fuck, sorry, i'm retarded. Blinded by fucking hatred. I know you were talking about the book, is just that my male brain has the need for violent conflict.

>Following your retarded "logic"
You're not good at following logic

>iq
Not science.

>biology is social construct goyim

Every book that goes like
>they told you food X would kill you
>but it's actually good, as our newest studies that are about as reliable as the old ones show
>also, food Y industry did it to hide the fact that food Y is actually deadly

They said it was their favorite user

I like The Social Contract by Robert Ardrey. It says nothing, rambles on endlessly, and suggests conservative politics in fairly anemic terms. Lots of random animal facts. Good stuff.