Tfw the people around you, the work you have to do...

>Tfw the people around you, the work you have to do, and all the small frustrations of each day drive you to the brink of a mental breakdown
>Tfw you hate waking up in the morning because you have nothing to look forward to
>Tfw you want to tear your hair with the follicles because you feel like you have no other solution for your misery
>Tfw you can't go to anybody about your issues

Any books for this feel? I hope that I have conveyed my request clearly enough. If not, then I apologize for the poverty of my language.

I'm asking about books like this because I recently read The Trial, and although K's situation is not identical to the circumstances I have described, the powerlessness of K. reminded me of these circumstances. Go back to your Peterson thread.

uncle laurence's poetry

I also just finished the trial, and I was also struck by K's feelings. While the bureaucracy part of it was interesting, I felt particularly touched by K's feelings of constantly being overwhelmed, and his lack of understanding of the world.

rip uncle laurie

This, but unironically

have you tried joining a skinhead gang?

>the work you have to do
>drive you to the brink of a mental breakdown
Have you tried faking it until you make it? You might be surprised at how important playing a role is in getting through life and enjoying that role rather than constantly being focused on the past/future rather than what you're doing. Sort of like a Yoda or Watts approach.

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

"“When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous and surly. They are like this because they can't tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty of good, and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own - not of the same blood and birth, but the same mind, and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were born to work together like feet, hands and eyes, like the two rows of teeth, upper and lower. To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these are unnatural.”"

Wow....wasn't he depressed as shit or did his Stoicism actually help him while he was alive?

Not a book, but there's a podcast called the Joe Rogan Experience that might help. You probably don't know about it.

>wasn't he depressed as shit
Nah, besid he was aiggghttt.

the meditations overall are really whiny, with some moments of profundity interspersed.

>really whiny
not at all.

Okay, I'll explain my issues in this one post. I really do want book recommendations, and I promise I'm not fishing for attention, but I'll explain:

I just don't understand people. Well, maybe I do, but I don't understand how to connect with them. I know that most people my age are into hookups, partying, drugs, etc. and that's fine; but I couldn't care less about any of those things in themselves. However, I do care about them simply because everybody else cares about them, and if I don't care about these things, then how could I possibly connect with other people my age? When all conversations with friends revolve around partying, how am I supposed to "fake it"? I just don't care about partying, but I do care about being able to relate to everyone else and be normal. I feel like every social interaction is laborious, simply because nobody "gets me" and I have to pretend I'm someone else because I've never met anybody who is really relatable.

Another thing: I'm a virgin, but that's not even a huge concern. I know I can lose my virginity to someone on a dating app or at some party even with a little effort. But I'm not interested in hookups. I'd like to be with someone who is relatable and who understands me, but I'm afraid that one day I'll find that person, and they'll be driven away by my sexual inexperience or general quirkiness, or maybe I'm just too weird and too much of a freak to ever really open to anyone and be accepted for who I am. I'll just have to drift through life as a fake person, and I'll get a fake girlfriend sometime, with a bunch of fake friends, and a fake job, and fake happiness. I wish I could be "really" happy, and that I could confess everything about myself to somebody else, but I can't. I'm too weird to actually relate to anybody.

Sorry if this is badly written and difficult to read. I won't respond with tales of my personal woes anymore, since I don't want to turn this into an r9k thread.

OP here. I'd like to thank you for reminding me of Marcus Aurelius. It's been a while since I've read his Meditations, and I'm going to revisit them now.

Enjoy!

I can't really recommend anything that hasn't already been recommended but I can explain wtf I was on about before though.

> most people my age are into hookups, partying, drugs, etc
You might be surprised how much you don't have to do things you don't want to do, still connect with people, still be yourself and have them recognize you as you not as who you think you have to pretend to be.

> how am I supposed to "fake it"?
What I meant there was in regards to work, I read some great advice about treating work as if its play, like a game anything from working out, cleaning my house or dealing with clients, I act just like people in customer service almost have to act happy, and it starts to rub off, but what I really mean is when I act out the role, I'm focussing fully on that moment in time, revelling in it rather than having anxiety about the future or depression about the past.

> I'll just have to drift through life as a fake person, and I'll get a fake girlfriend sometime, with a bunch of fake friends, and a fake job, and fake happiness
Nah
> Sorry if this is badly written and difficult to read
You're in a situation that literally millions of young guys (you're young yeah?) are finding themselves in all over the world. It's normal and I honestly reckon it will pass, you really should read some of the books ITT but books won't click your brain and make life different, that actually comes with the experiences you step towards each day and those little neural pathways you create while doing it.

Been there, done that. Unless a literal mental illness is involved, you are capable of dealing with people, but simply forgot how to do it/never learned how to. Find a friend, there gotta be someone who does not annoy you. Failing that, reconnect with someone you knew before. Force yourself into "normal" human behaviour. Try to share thoughts, emotions, try to care for someone else for once. It will feel robotic at first, as if you are following a set of commands, a program. But eventually it will draw out your human nature. Eventually you'll find out that being in company and I mean with people close to you, not every normie you meet, of course, is pleasurable. Because it is how humans work, they are social beings.

t. insane ape at the end of time