Friendship

I feel like it's impossible to make genuine friends as an adult.

It's as if the entire industrialized world is backwards.

When I encounter small children, I always notice the absolutely incredible state that they're in which is bonding. They bond to integrate into a tribe, and it's something that's only apparent in very small children (1-6)

I know, as an adult man, I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all if I had to, but I'd be incapable of doing it to someone I've bonded with.

It's strange, but how could it be possible for two adults that think in such a way to be true friends? How could people with such "evil" (something you shouldn't know about because you shouldn't be interacting with other tribes on a consistent basis) be good company to one another?

It is a natural consequence of the disruption of the human habitat (hunter-gatherer society).

I love my nuclear family, but this love isn't shared with others.

Are there any books on adult friendship that can change the way I think? I keep hearing that people have almost no close friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

skillednursingfacilities.org/resources/loneliness-in-nursing-homes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicurus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hear people say things like "You just need a consistent, non-competitive and unplanned environment for friendship to bloom", but I can't agree.

If this were the case, loneliness wouldn't affect those that live in an old folks home, but it does.

It sounds like sociologist are blind to the truth.

skillednursingfacilities.org/resources/loneliness-in-nursing-homes/

You realize friends are just an effeminate modern invention right?
By all accounts your great grand father didn't have "friends", he had his family, he had those he did business with and he had his neighbors. That's all anyone with self respect should have.

Instead now liberal culture has you fooled into thinking you have to sell out your dignity and indendence to be part of some retarded self fellating pod because a grown man can't fucking be on his own for five minutes or needs to become a drunken disgrace every minute he has off work.
Its disgusting, I'm proud to say I've unironically never had anything approaching a friend in years

lol how can you be so shit, so much of a failure?

having friends is easy as fuck. the only moment you lose them is when they get into relationships/married, but divorces and breakups are so frequent nowadays that you get windows where they come back.

>wahhh capitalism stole my friends
loser

nursing homes are literal prisons.

See this degenerate loser admits himself that friends are opposed to traditional families

get a load of this turboloser. even animals befriend other animals, even from other species.

get lost fucking friendless faggot looooooll

Yeah and I'm above animals you fucking nigger

Are they really friends, or are they acquaintances?

Would they pick you up if you fell down, or would they close their door to you?

>Friends are an effeminate modern invention

This isn't true.
The natural human brain holds 140 faces and names and appreciates their complexities.

The nuclear family is a modern invention in this regard as children would integrate into tribes and feel bonded to others within a tribe.

It makes sense for an adult to not have "friends" as, the OP states, it's not real.

A tribe IS a nuclear family. They weren't just fucking buddies that met in college, they were tight knit and interrelated sets and largely involuntary, that's to say you don't choose who your brother is or who your brother marries. You have to learn to live with these people whether you like them or not, whether you agree with them on everything or not.
That's very different from friendships where amiacability is the operating principle which in turn ironically makes them far more of a controlling force than families as unlike families you are at a constant risk of exclusion if you don't tow a line and attitude they demand of you.
Friendships as they are known today are a very totalitarian form of social organization, I absolutely despise them.

>Are they really friends, or are they acquaintances?
they are my brothers. i work on my own so i dont have acquaintances. but i do music, thats where i have met the cool people that surround me.

>Would they pick you up if you fell down
they have already, recently. before that, like half a year ago, it was my turn to be there, no questions asked, im very grateful but i reckon its not something lots of people can enjoy, by a variety of reasons.

whats the point of this roleplay?

I'm not roleplaying, this is how I literally live my life and I'm God damn proud of it

People can't have friends because they don't realize that other people are just like them, and they live in an egocentric world where only they matter, but everyone lives and dies together, and both the people who realize this and who don't realize this will be forgotten.

>they are my brothers.

If they're not literally your brothers that's so pathetic

fuck me this response was funny

>I know, as an adult man, I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all if I had to
>I know, as an adult man, I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all if I had to

...and you can't make friends, eh? Hmm.

even fucking lobsters have other lobster friends.

nofriend losers truly are out of the game.

Ya rooms to pet cats is needed

>You realize friends are just an effeminate modern invention right?
the greeks were obsessed with male friendships
>"No one deserves to live who has not at least one good-man-and-true for a friend" - democritus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicurus

The Greeks also fucked little boys in the ass

But, there was a time when the line between the nuclear family and friendships was blurred due to brain plasticity and bonding chemicals.

This is why adults are incapable of being true friends.

It is more totalitarian upon maturation than anything else, but it wasn't always like this.

It's so controlling that it's not worth having "friends" due to the total absence of any form of a bond, so, in essence, children have a window in time to extend their nuclear family beyond their nuclear family, but adults are fools to call anyone they've met as an adult a "friend".

Are you implying that it's a bad thing?

all of my closest friends are guys ive kept in contact with since childhood, i have very few friends from high school and beyond.

as a young adult, you're constantly competing with your peers, and in need of guidance. it's much easier to seek solace in a professor or priest or basically any quasi-grandparent you respect. why do you think jordan peterson makes so much money off of patreon? it's not just because he's 'owning the libs,' it's because godless, vaguely-right-wing college students trapped in urban hellscapes have nowhere else to turn for guidance.

You've not stared at the darkest parts of your brain to criticize me.

People murder 10 year old cabin boys for a reason.

actually, that guy makes a good point

2edgy4me

>I know, as an adult man, I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all

>Why don't I have friends?

Anybody would if it was a life and death situation. Friends mean nothing if you're starving to death and there's only a limited amount of food

OH WA-HA-HA-HA
COME ON GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS

Consider going to reddit

It's because of atomisation.

Traditionally you would have these bonds with your kin/clan/extended family. Those bonds have been broken down and now people try to compensate for that with friends but that doesn't work because it never has. Strangers are not your people. Even if you are friends you might be dimly aware that these friendships bare Fairweather friendships, they're based on pleasure and hedonism, which is why they evaporate when things get tough. You can only count on your own people to give a shit about you when it's inconvenient for them, not so called "friends".