How do I steal a book from my schools library? There's no cameras or anything, only the sensors at the doors

How do I steal a book from my schools library? There's no cameras or anything, only the sensors at the doors

Just grab it and run

Don't steal from the library you stupid fucking cunt. For everything you steal a thousand people will get excited to find it on the shelf and be disappointed when they get there, having wasted their time, and not enough of them will think to report it as missing.

You should be garotted.

Molybdenum or rare earth magnets ought to wipe it. You can also wrap it in tinfoil to serve as a makeshift faraday cage.

1. Hit yourself in the nuts with hammer hard enough that you puke.
2. Repeat until you rid yourself of this stupid fucking idea.

Stealing from a library is one of the lowest forms of degeneracy. Andrew Carnegie would knife you.

Get a fucking job and purchase it on Amazon.
If you can't get a job, borrow it from a library, and return it on or before the due date.

i volunteerd at my campus library. sometimes people would steal by cutting out the book from the binding. we would find empty covers lying around occasionally. clever bastards. i say do it, OP. most academic institutions today are populated by empty headed mouthbreathers anyway. fuck it, take the books.

I stole books all the time in high school from my school's library.

I didn't feel bad because literally nobody but me read them for fun unless it was a middle school kid who wanted a comic. I was so close to the librarian that she even began to recommend me books to just take home

It was a great time. I got a first edition Dubliners that way, too.

>first edition Dubliners
...The fuck???

Damn.

Most books are like $5-15 new you broke ass nigga

casually toss it into the air as you walk down the hall, then toss it up and over the scanners just as you walk through them
stroll off like you own the place, the important thing is to act like you belong there

I'm old. Still have it someplace in my study.

Still a great thing to have. That's gonna be mad money day, if not already.

Set up a distraction, like smoke bomb/fire alarm

Tin foil inside and outside of a box. Put box in your backpack. Put book in box.

Knife Andrew Carnegie for selling American Steel to the chinese

The one that I have is about $25000 the last I checked. But there's just nothing else I need right now that would warrant my selling of such a book

I'll give you $3 for it. Final offer.

I'll give you $4

i'll give you $5,000, but first send me the book so I can sell it, i'll give you you cut after

Good God, man! It's gotta be nice to have a backup plan supported by a James Joyce novel. And as a fail safe fund it's just gonna grow to fit the value of the dollar alongside inflation, assuming it's not suddenly worthless for some reason... Sheeeit. Good on you for holding on to it.

>Schaub posting on/lit/
Never thought I'd see that

does it still have markings of some kind indicating it was a library book? if you decide to sell it get an ex libris stamp so it looks legit, just to be on the safe side.

It is interesting to say the least. I don't think the librarian really knew how much some of the books really were.

Unfortunately it does. And I think I'll take your advice

Stealing from a library is pretty shitty but holy damn, nice catch. After a 2s search I found a first edition on abebooks for 269,732.21$

And after 2 more seconds I found out that it was the wrong one, the real price is around 30k.

Don't do it, but my friends and I in our third to final year planted books in people's bags while they were reading. A lot of the time the sensors wouldn't go off, but it was hilarious when they would.

Former thief here. Getting books past sensors is pretty easy, you just have to remove any RFID tags, usually coming in the form of small little barcodes stuck between the pages. Just sit down, pretend to read it for a while covertly removing any tags, and then nonchalantly slip it into a backpack at your feet and walk out

Library theft is detrimental to the whole school. Perhaps you should think about why you feel you should steal it in the first place?

>Library theft is detrimental to the whole school.
That's a pretty good reason, right there.

Right? He can't be the only person who will ever want to look at that book.

1.Open a window in the library
2.Throw the book out of the window when no one is watching
3.Spend time in the library not acting suspicious
4.Go around to wherever you threw the book pick it up and get the fuck out of there

fucking with other people, especially students and academics is incredibly powerful, respectable, glorious

Think about why you are doing that.

in order to retrieve my property

Libraries keep track of the books they have. Books, and therefore knowledge, should be free. Those books at the library are free to borrow and return for anyone who needs them.

fpbp

>Libraries keep track of the books they have. Books, and therefore knowledge, should be free
Who's gunna pay for it? Who's going to bother writing for free?

Think before you speak.

>. I got a first edition Dubliners that way, too.
1st edition in "library condition" = $7.50
fuck off, thief

I'm sure the next kid who wanted to read the good books that used to be in your high school library was thrilled that all the good shit had been stolen.

I’ve purloined over 250+ books from my Uni’s library. I always checked the database to see how frequently the book was checked out prior to me taking it. There was a minimum of 15 years of lack of use for me to take it. I ether demagnetized the book or I just simply walked out the book door for certain workers.

I'm genuinely confused that there could be 3 people in this thread who know what this is.

I spent a lot of time in university and a LOT of time in the library. MANY of the books I used I never checked out. You think you were doing anyone a service stealing books that hadn't been checked out? Doesn't mean they weren't used. And that's beside the point - you are a thief.
>purloined
Sad that you can't be honest with yourself about it and say "stole".

The idea is that knowledge should be free. Are you really going to attack the institution of the library? Chances are that Stirner spent some good time in a library. Perhaps you should visit one.

Not my problem you didn’t check out the book. You know Uni libraries do the same thing when trying to make room for more books: they check the database, then they have the sale where you give five bucks for a brown and all you can take. I basically beat them to the punch and saved them the trouble.

>The idea is that knowledge should be free.
Why? Because you romantically like the idea? Why stop at libraries? Food should be free, it's more important for life.

> Are you really going to attack the institution of the library?

No; just public libraries.

>Chances are that Stirner spent some good time in a library.

He should have spent some time in a helicopter, spooking the sky.

Who cares what Stirner thought? If he were around, I would bury him alive and fuck his wife six times.

As far as we know, education is the greatest key to advancing ones station in life. A public library, a repository of knowledge, can help with that.

You don't even need tinfoil. Just walk through the doors with it, the scanners don't actually go off.

Pay $20 and go to an actual library that isn't built on theft.

When was the last time you read anything, and what was it?

The thread is dead. Unless any book stealers care to show face?

I showed my face now what?

Stealing from the library is intellectual dishonest user

what's the difference between "intellectually dishonest" and just "dishonest"?

rip the pages one by one

Context

If you made this post, I'm assuming you have access to an internet connection.

Get a VPN, and connect to libgen.io

There are more good books on libgen than you could possibly read in a lifetime.

I didn't have internet access growing up, and relied on the library.

People like you are actually retarded.

>reading from a screen

Feel bad for your life

>schools library
>There's no cameras or anything
Find a way to compromise one of the library windows so that it appears closed and return with a very large bag at 3am.

Drop them out the window into some bushes below, and then go around and pick them up. Or you could microwave them before taking them through the sensors.

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across theUSAand your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Its a 900 page history book

God tier

Just take the RFID tag off. Easy.
Or take a bag, put the book in, and have a brown friend walk beside you. When you get to the sensors and they go off your brown friend fucking boosts it out the door while you walk on by as security chases the wrong guy down.

>posting on Veeky Forums

Feel bad for your life

>tfw I've checked out books that weren't out for more than 15 years

>tfw it's a rare as fuck book that eventually would have been needed by someone important but was horded for collection pseud shitposting

>stealing books for personal library instead of stealing rare docs from the archives to sell on the black market

undergraduates gonna undergraduate, amirite

Steal from a bookstore instead

Then you should’ve stolen it before I did. Keep crying, babby. You can moralize to me all you want, but at the end of the day I have these books and all you have is a dick in your mouth and crying on Veeky Forums