How do I get into non-dual awareness?

How do I get into non-dual awareness?

Please don't recommend pseuds like Harris, Tolle, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/Bhagavad-Gita.with.the.Commentary.of.Sri.Shankaracharya#page/n0/mode/2up
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

study advaita vedanta

Any specific piece of literature? I skimmed some of Shankara's work (jewel crest and upa-something) and its severely vague about self realisation, feel like I'd be disappointed.

You are supposed to read the Prasthantrayi (Upanishads+Brahma Sutras+Bhagavad Gita) accompanied by the commentaries of the Vedanta school you are studying. Those texts contain the core teachings of the Vedas and the commentaries help to fully explain them and position them in relation to the metaphysics of the respective Vedanta commentator, non-dualism in Adi's case.

The non-commentary works of Adi Shankara are good but the core teachings of Advaita are found in the commentaries on the Prasthanatrayi. The non-commentary works are secondary in importance.

Some other good texts that are non-dualistic or exhibit heavy non-dualistic influence are the Ashtavakra Gita, The Bhagavata Purana and the Yoga Vasistha.

You could also check out non-dualistic Kashmir Shaivism and it's associated texts like the Shiva Sutras etc.

Adi Shankara's commentary on the Bhagavad-Gita is literally a step-by-step guide to developing non-dual awareness

free pdf online

archive.org/stream/Bhagavad-Gita.with.the.Commentary.of.Sri.Shankaracharya#page/n0/mode/2up

Understanding non dualism isn't that hard. But lots of people make the mistake of not also identifing duality as well

>How do I get into non-dual awareness?
by practicing meditation

The Gateless Gate is pretty good

break this idea of a gender binary and everything else will follow.

a trap could help

Read up on the Yogacara school of Buddhism. Vasubandhu is a good starting point there.

Do i enter this trap?

yeah

How

ur peepee

dis book is gud

don't get spooked by "mindfulness" in the subtitle, that's from the publisher not the author

Parmenides, Plato, Plotinus. No need to go east

This. It's comprehensive, written for westerners and it works.

Just study the key concepts of vedanta: brahmān, paramātmā and bhagavan. And also the acintya bheda-abheda tattva of lord Caitanya.

there are lots of books in the subjects, what does this one have that the other ones doesnt? are you a shill?

>How do I get into non-dual awareness?

sort yourself out first, cucko

yea what he said, its giving me tolle vibes

It's a meditation handbook that covers meditation practice from novice to complete mastery of samatha i.e. concentration. It describes progress of developing concentration as a sequence of 10 stages that makes assessment of skill easy. It matches my experience (I'm currently at stage 5 but had stage 7 experiences too). It provides many techniques that make progress faster. It addresses many problems that come up during meditation that other books don't bother to mention. It uses well defined vocabulary. It's generally well written book about this subject.
>are you a shill?
What kind of answer do you expect?

Except, unlike Tolle and the likes, it's practical to the core.

leave Veeky Forums afap