Now that Bob Dylan has a Nobel Literature prize, do you think a screenwriter could get the same?

Now that Bob Dylan has a Nobel Literature prize, do you think a screenwriter could get the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2013/06/orson-welles-lunch-with-henry-jaglom.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. The next American to win the nobel will be Kevin Smith. Snoochie boochies!

Yeah its basically a meme award now. May as well give it to a youtuber

They will give it to a black.

Come to daddy.

Woody Allen is too #metoo'd to ever come up for consideration. I could unironically see Tarintino getting it because plebs love his shit and the academy can suck his dick for empowering black, merging genres, and making social commentary.

Poetry is literature. Cinema isn't.

Is theatre not Veeky Forums guess Shakespeare was a hack...

If any screenwriter deserves it, it’s this annoying Jew. I hate every character he plays but his movies are good. If only you could take out the annoying self effacing main character out of his films, they would be so much better.

>do you think a screenwriter could get the same?
Sure, but not him. They'd give it to Jordan Peele for Get Out or something.

Meetooism is just a front for antisemitism.

David Milch

Are you stupid or something? Yes, theatre is literary since it's art is not imagetic, but declamated by the means of acting. Cinema, however, has nothing to do with words. Ever.

DUDE EXISTENTIALISM LMAO
DUDE DOSTOEVSKY REFERENCE

Consider killing yourself, my man.

A screenwriter will get it before Murakami unfortunately

It was always a meme award. The Nobel lost all credibility when they didn't give one to fucking Gandhi of all people

this

I'm not your man, bitch.

I'm not your bitch, buddy.

Did I just make a friend here?

Good riddance

antisemitism is just a front for rapist jews

Now we're on the subject...

Are Woody Allen's short stories worth buying?

For what did Gandhi deserve the literature Nobel?

what on earth category could gandhi get a nobel for?

This is the type of content I come to Veeky Forums for.

I thought Social Justice people hate Tarantino though?

If they give it to anyone, it’ll be to someone like Godard, who’s actually accomplished something in film.

Go to bed James Cameron

ignore

>being this pseud

Orson Welles on Woody Allen

>O.W.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.
>H.J.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.
>O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

vulture.com/2013/06/orson-welles-lunch-with-henry-jaglom.html

I identify with the Allen he describes, how can I stop being like this and be more like Welles instead?

smallviolin.gif

>not recognising Godard’s King Lear as a post-modern masterpiece

Start eating 10 McDoubles a day; you'll be on your way.

>how can I stop being like this and be more like Welles instead?
Drink Paul Masson champagne everyday.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s

Millions of poos died because of Gandhi. India was better of under the British. Also, he would’ve got it if he hadn’t died so early.

Godard was/is anti-semitic though.

two jews, serves them well

So was Marx

I identify with this as well to an extent. My screenwriting always somehow ends up being about whatever brand of self loathing is troubling me that week. How do I break out of this?

I would just like to take this time to remind everyone that the latest peace prize was awarded to ICAN. A de-nuclearization group that not only has not done anything to reduce the world's supply of nukes but cannot do anything because all of the signatories they have agreed to non proliferation have never had nuclear weapons. The Nobel is a joke.

peace obviously

Literally me.

>The Nobel Peace Prize 2017 was awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) "for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons and for its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons".
>prohibition of such weapons
Imagine being this deluded.

I completely agree with you. Godard is just so clever, the way he plays with the medium, the aesthetic, the characters, everything. I'd love to live in one of his films. It's a pity that so many people dismiss him as pretentious. He's just smart and sensitive but in fact his films are very playful. Something I've noticed is that most men don't like him very much. I've recomended some of his films to my bf and some male friends and all of them hated them, but whenever I recommend them to my female friends they love them.

All of this social movements tend to be pretty antisemitic, occupy wall street being the major culprit.

the only thing woody allen was good at was making dialogue seem real and flowable. his stories are generally shit

I can't talk about most men, but I'm a man and I love Godard. I even dressed up as Ferdinand in Halloween some years ago. I didn't really look too much like him and nobody knew whom I was supposed to be but I had lots of fun.

Your boyfriend is very lucky too have a girlfriend who enjoys Godard. Too bad he doesn't enjoy it himself. I wish I had a cute girlfriend to watch Godard's films with.

>falling for this bait

> Woody Allen
> 2018
> can't get a film funded after it's public that he molested his 9 year old daughter
> Polanski literally won an Oscar post-pedo shit

What the fuck, Woody

Give it to VSauce.

By not being in college. Embrace it for now because you'll stop caring later on.

But hey, if you don't you'll either be an SJW concentrating on identity politics or part of the alt-right where you'll also be political but from the other side.

Hard mode is not being either of them. Try and aim for that.