ITT: We post orgasmic covers for novels, or just covers that scream "adventure"

ITT: We post orgasmic covers for novels, or just covers that scream "adventure".

Bump

This screams "adventure" to me.

There has never been a bad cover for this book.

The sequel had a pretty stupid cover though

Ayyo don't worry bruh I gotchu

Michael Whelan is God-tier

Possibly the coziest adventure book ever made

love this cover, could never find the original four covers

Every cover made for ERB's Barsoom books. I normally like the Frazetta covers but I always dug this version. It's got a real 19th century academic art feel to it

Cover art by Bruce Pennington in general

Sorry man, that's pretty fuckin lame

Care to contribute something then, buckaroo?

Replied to wrong post

Not a bad cover, but Ilium was such a greater book.

The first batch of SF Masterworks had god-tier covers imo, with just the right amount of pulpiness.

Really anything Simmons wrote after fall of Hyperion was just "alright" and went on too long

10/10

Behold!

gaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudygaudy

This looks like Tumblr art for YA.

Jesus fuck
You all deserve brain cancer

You post a solid looking cover then

Books rarely have good art, fantasy and sci-fi are particularly guilty of that. Pic related is a rare exception.
Though, frankly, I don't know why I should post a better example anyway. Asking for "orgasmic covers that scream 'adventure'" reveals your shit standards immediately. Most of the stuff itt is on the edge of good taste.

I'd rather take something "gaudy" over something so simple. Covers like this scream pretentious to me.

You know his example is going to be shit when he writes a paragraph defending it from two angles

>Covers like this scream pretentious to me.

If a simple, small drawing on a monochrome background screams "pretentious" to you, you might have schizophrenia.

Who are you talking about?

Not Veeky Forums but I always look for an excuse to post this

I feel like there's usually more thought going in to sci-fi and fantasy book covers in that the art is much more clearly related to the actual plot. A lot of the time it seems like more "literary" works just have very simple pieces like the one you posted or public domain art that isn't very clearly related to the subject matter.

It's nice to see cover art that really captures and exemplifies the story within. I think pic related is a great example from a non sc-fi/fantasy book.

>the art is much more clearly related to the actual plot
You want a cover to be related to themes of the book, or one of its central characters if it's part of a series. Can you post an example of a cover you like that is related to its book's plot?

Ooh yeah I'm rereading my sentences and understand why you're cringing. I need to proofread more.

I think Michael Whelan does a very good job of what I'm trying to get at. Pic related.

Most of the covers in this thread are related to the plot of the books, rather than being random