/fitlit/

Any fiterary litness types? I finally admitted to myself that I was neither as well-read nor built/fit as I wanted to be. This year I ascend.
>READAN
>EXERCISAN

Lifting weights is a meme and could never be literary. Also makes you look very insecure. Do sports and calisthenics

What a retarded thread. Who cares what imaginary goals you set to yourself? Come back in a year or two.

Also, btw, you "ascend" as in "I'll be a better person because I lift and read", but you really aren't, that's just a meme that fit people or book nerds use because that's what give their lives meaning, but it might not necessarily be your thing.

You sound condescending even if you haven't even started about something which won't even make you better than anyone to begin with.

Typical millenial self-improvement bullshit, fueled by FOMO and meaningless quests.

Go read if you want, lift if you want.

Yup. I'm in that generation but I've just been reading, no you don't git smert and spek all the good words back to the meanies, but it is something that gives back to you if you give years to it. There's nothing cool or like better about it. Learning how to build ships leads to an oddly similar place. Just do what you actually want to, life will reward you.

>Also makes you look very insecure
Where do you think we are?

I run ultramarathons

>t. nu-male

Have you ever seen a Greek or Roman statue? The classical ideal male figure is the optimal literary physique. Clearly you’re a jealous low-t. homosexual manlet who will never make it.

>mods come up with april fools day jape
>"surprise! both your boards are actually good now"
>never again
i hate all you cunts, and i'd batter you to death with my largest dictionary if i met any of you

Lifted weights from 15-18, 155-220, sports/calisthenics 18-22, 220-180. Been through it desu, works for me and maybe I'm projecting because I was an insecure teenager but I attribute the same to any built bros I see

>criticises others for self improvement you dont have the will for
>caring enough about whether or not you are called insecure
>thinking that physical strength/aesthetic and virtue arent inherently connected
never post on these forums again phaggot

its empirically the best decision

>you dont have the will for
>>thinking that physical strength/aesthetic and virtue arent inherently connected
They aren't you absolute fool

Since my non lit gf dumped me I started to read more philosophy and getting into stoicism and Making my body more perfect

lack of physical prowess usually betrays a lack of experience with one's own abilities. wisdom is obtained through experience as well as through knowledge.

becoming strong or fit isn't a matter of wasting hours picking things up and putting them down again, it involves managing habits, planning one's intake, restraint as well as endurance, and so on. It's easy to maintain an adequate fitness level, but taking a step beyond that and maintaining it can and will change your mentality as well as your life, and this only becomes more true the further to your goals you get.

Plenty of the thinkers that you probably look up to were not exceptionally fit, and there are many examples of sickly and bedridden people that contributed greatly to the world, but fitness brings a perspective and experience to thought that is impossible to entirely discount

Wale up, drink a good amount of water. Smoke weed and then work out. Read after with coffee

Great start to any day

I started skating again after stopping for six months. Feels great to be tired enough to sleep again. Oddly I even feel more attentive when reading.

Well said.

fit is so insecure, this is why fitlit will never be more than a fad. Most people on fit simply read out of insecurity, for the same reason they lift

this is all you need

Don't listen to this guy, lift and read it's the closer you can get to happiness without a qt Veeky Forums gf, which a sixpack and good culture give you more chance of getting, someday.

I don't know about setting fit goals or anything but after not drinking for a week, regularly running and lifting I feel properly awake, more conscious than I have been for a long time. The boons to my reading, writing and critical functions are obvious. It's a good feeling.

I go to the gym 6 hours a week. I read a book a week. I also go to church/charity for 3-4 hours a week. None of these are related to the other, but all are related to what composes me. Tying any of the two together (unless i was reading religious morality all day or lifting to raise money for charity) is silly.

unironically this

>sixpack

Happiness is a soyboy value

I like to swim at my local req than shoot the shit with the mexicans in the sauna than I go read in the lobby for an hour than go home. Rinse repeat like 5 times a week. So im sorta fitlit. Nice lil routine tho

i dislike the image this quote uses, seems to imply the poor fuck died discussing workout routines

>lack of physical prowess usually betrays a lack of experience with one's own abilities
You're doing static reps for hypertrophy you moron, I was reccomending doing an actual physical activity and not counting calories to LOOK like you're physically competant when you barely move your active heart rate on a weekly basis. Also
>plenty of thinkers you probably look up to were not exceptionally fit, and there are many examples of sickly and bedridden people that contributed greatly to the world
Says it all, and
>but fitness brings a perspective and experience to thought that is impossible to entirely discount
I have been familiar with it for years and am actively discounting it. Maybe if you've literally never done sport or physical labor you will find it useful
Back to /pol/ brainlet

I think you sense that there is a difference between the non-lifter and the lifter, you misconstrue it to be holier than though, ephemeral, condescending, and otherwise false.

You miss the notion of person's agency in reality, and their grasp upon it. Although this seems a simple matter, the lifter practices this discrimination every day in the gym. What he can and cannot do. What he can grow to do. This is inherently valuable as it develops psychological strength as well as physical. Perserverance may help a writer finish a novel, may help a parent better cope with their children. There are also the obvious physical benefits of being able to run faster and lift more.

You're also equivocating on a horrendous scale. You seem to be saying that pursuit in any direction has only subjective value, while at the same time devaluing their subjective value of pursuit because they believe it improves themselves. You can't have both and a consistent position.

Becoming something more than you currently are is not a meaningless quest, so much as stagnating into a pool of rot is not meditation.

Socrates in The Republic would disagree, stating that a better man and the Guardian should have a balance of finery and gymnastic. Too much gymnastic making him brutal, too much finery making him a faggot (insert your favorite perjorative here). Running is all well and good to carve the clay, but one must develop the substance to cut into. This may be done by lifting weights.

Sport is nice, but it goes less to agency development than the lifters accomplishment with each set.
>>>Also, what is a patrician if he is not A E S T H E T I C

i don't see how anyone could have a problem with becoming fit if it's not an obvious display of vanity. unless you were too weak to go exercise yourself.