>fact of the matter is

>what it comes down to

>quite frankly

>I go to law school

>Essentially

>if i can give an ample example

>Here's the straight dope, sport

>if we could just grasp

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

>for the sake of discusion

>bee bee and bagina

thats a lot of brainlet wojaks

fantastic thread btw

>naturally
>or rather
>of course
>obviously
>necessarily
>that is to say
>to be precise
>it follows that
>in other words
>one can assume
>to put it another way
>quod erat demonstrandum, to use the language of the courtroom

>so it would seem

I do though, bitch.
What of it?

>if we could just shoulder this boulder of a thought

>Look:

>accept that

Is pic you?

>the purpose of life is
>no one loves you
>who am I
>lonely loners lost and loose
>migraines

>suffice it to say

We must go further

>a priori

>the big mystery is what is vague

It pains me to think that, if I get in legal trouble in the future, I have a small chance of having a person from Veeky Forums defend me.

>that being said

PEPE GO

>language

>in the parlance of our times

>therefore

>very much so

>>fact of the matter is

Wonder what he's up to now.

as someone whos first language is not english: what is wrong with all these? grammar? pretentious? only used by wrong people?

the real question you should be asking is what is wrong with this board not what is wrong with these phrases

>they insist, refuse, reject, deny...
>we celebrate, cherish, embrace...

To me, the whole english language is just a succession of phrases.

The fact of the matter is that what comes down to saying things, well... Quite frankly, I go to law school. So I know that it is essentially a matter of time and place. If I can give an ample example, suppose I say "here is the straight dope, sport" and if we could only grasp that the message would work alright under some circumstances, then for the sake of discussion, "bee bee and bagina" must also work somewhere, somehow. Naturally, or rather, inherently, of course all language is obviously and necessarily dependent on context. That is to say, to be precise is impossible, it follows that we trust communication too much. In other words, one can assume that one was understood, but never know it. To put it in another way, both speaker and receiver have a part in the making of the message, quod erat demonstrandum, to use the language of the courtroom back from my law school days.

So it would seem that, if we could just shoulder this boulder of a thought, language is primarily the failure of communication. Look: if we are to accept that language itself is failure, then how really meaningful can it be to talk on what the purpose of life is, for example. When we are stuck with messages of "no one loves you" or "who am i", you know, lonely loners lost and loose, suffering their migraines, then it is at this point we must remember that there is a necessary gap to language. Suffice it to say, there must be an a priori understanding that truth can only be half said. The big mistery is what is vague, but it is in the things that we think we know that lies the problem. That being said, language, in the parlance of our times, can therefore be said to be that which speaks through us.

>As the prophecy foretold

Impressive

This is good user

This is a masterpiece of postmodern literature

10/10, nice one ricky
although i would have gone with
>in tents and porpoises

>in the guise of

Got a laugh out of me

>it clearly follows that

>so what your saying is

>, you know what I'm saying?

>your
gone get off my board, you cretin.

be that as it may

ergo

"per se"

>thus

Basically some important ideas of Wittgenstein, McLuhan, and the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis summarized in a meme post.

killing bites