Where do I start with this Chad?

Do I read Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious first, or do I need to do some pre-reading before I tackle it?

I started with "Collected Works of C.G. Jung" by Modern Library and it was my favorite out of that and Modern Man in Search of a Soul/Man and His Symbols. Although Man and His Symbols was also good, but I appreciated having already been familiar with his terminology having read the Basic Works so it was easily digestible.

Daily reminder the collective unconscious and consequently archtypes do not exist

>Where do I start
with Freud

Even the greeks/romans delt in archetypes nigger. That's what the gods themselves were in, for example, the Iliad: whenever they said someone was "filled" by Ares, as differentiated from them speaking TO the gods. Archetypes are an overarching abstraction that we all can implicitly understand and relate to without it requiring explanation. They even referred to concepts like "Fate" and "Sleep" just like that: with capital letters, implying some degree of kinship/representation among the gods which is completely in line with the gods being archetypal abstractions, and therefore having personages assigned to represent them in form/character.

oh well if the GREEKS did it...
why don't you go fuck a 9 year old boy, too, pedo?

Did you mean Basic Writings?

I cant find the modern library edition of Collected Works.

Symbols of Transformation goes deep into the archetypes, and its also partly a modernist interpretation of ancient allegory.

>delt

Already finished his works my man. I love Freud; the guy was a genius.

read Marie-Louises Alchemy: an introduction to the symbolism and the psychology and then jungs collected works 12, 13, 14, 9.2. and the red book. Dont be a bitch, alchemy is where it's all at.

Very modern hairdo

t. blank slatist

Man and His Symbols is a good intro. Try and get the large format edition with colour pictures, its pretty nice. It got me into Jung way back when I found it by chance in a library.

Memories, Dreams Reflections

The Essential Jung - Selected Writings edited by Anthony Storr gives a good overview of Jung's collected works.

Read his fucking intro books, how hard can it be? This thread gets posted every other day. >Man and his symbols.

Actually yeah it was Basic Writings, I was tired/in bed at that moment.

nah

>with Freud
wrong, with Schelling

Augustine (Archetypes originate with Augustine)
Dante (in Singleton translation-read alongside The Red Book)
Schopenhauer and Freud
Nietzsche Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Symbols of Transformation (myths, libido, early development of Jung's unconscious)
Liber Novus
Viking Portable Library Jung (ESSENTIAL essays from 1918-1930)
Psychological Types
Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious
Aion
Answer to Job

"The world hangs on a string. That string is the psyche, but we know nothing about it"

I started on "Modern Man in search of a Soul"
I like it but I'm pretty confused.
Did I fuck up bad by not reading Freud first?
Any tips or insight that would make reading this book better?

If you already have a simple grasp of his ideas
>Modern Man in Search of a Soul
>The Undiscovered Self
>Man and His Symbols
otherwise do some presearch on the chad

"The Basic Writings of" literally has an 80 page chapter dedicated to Jungian definitions. You probably fucked up by not knowing what he meant when he used specific terms, not because you didn't read Freud. The two were actually quite opposed to each other, Jung bitches Freud out a lot for misunderstanding him/what he's trying to do/why he thinks Freud was wrong.