Did he really go insane or did his contemplation power level ascend to a point beyond comprehension?

Did he really go insane or did his contemplation power level ascend to a point beyond comprehension?
What was going through his mind in pic related?

>tfw no gf

pretty much.

you guys think nietzsche would have been so crazy and spiteful if a girl liked him ?

I don't understand why girls didn't like him, he wasnt ugly

If we're talking a successful lifelong relationship, then maybe it could have mellowed him out. If you just mean if he'd gotten laid a few times plus a few girlfriends, then probably not.
He was sickly and beta, probably a prick too if you spend enough time with him.

He witnessed a horse being whipped to death by its cruel owner, and that turned him insane.

he upped his opium dose and couldnt handle the deep trip

I don't understand why he can care about a horse but then say that it is immoral to pity the weak (when they're human).

or, you know, he meant it as a figure of speech

maybe the cognitive dissonance caused by his emotional response is what drove him mad

it's a myth retard

maybe my dick is too big

Maybe he didn't see a beast of labor who carried out it's proper role in quiet dignity with strength and resilience as weak.

do you think a horse is weak?
my god u ppl understand nothing

yes, since its ancestors chose to be enslaved by humanity

>He witnessed a horse being whipped to death by its cruel owner, and that turned him insane.
very ironic considering he made a career on beating horses dead and then beating them more

arthur pls go

Lol "enslaved" you can't enslave that which has no conscious determination. The only animal which may be enslaved is a man and that is because we are the only animals which have conquered the enslavement of the senses. What's amazing about horses is that they are one of the few animals who can create a facsimile of this when properly trained by humans. I.e. they will conquer their natural and rightful fears to charge into battle. But, yeah you cannot be a slave to your senses and a slave to humans. You can't serve two masters. We have a symbiotic relationship with livestock in that we provide them what they desire most: food, fucking, and shelter. If we stopped providing that they would leave. There is no actual way for humans to keep herds of one ton plus creatures fenced in without the consent of the vast majority.

>we are the only animals which have conquered the enslavement of the senses.
>this is what h*mans actually believe

niggers like you certainly haven't

This, he was an opinionated asshole when he wasn't being a pushover.
A few weeks ago some user referred to hospital letters that were written after he went bats but no one posted them and I can't find them.

>But like look at how meditative the sloth is
Fuck outta here soyboy

How many times do we need this thread? He was sick most of his life, had experienced severe headaches, collapsed in public and was institutionalized. His father died young of a similar condition.

Keep the poetic madness in Shakespeare please.

This.

There might some psychological factors but if they were it was in addition to general illness, probably with a genetic source given what happened to his father.

Most posts in this thread seem to be about people wanting to talk about a man they have never read.

Make me, faggot

my interpretation of the difference between nietzche the man (sick, weak) and nietzche the philosopher-prophet (strong, striving) is that his philosophy grew out of his own self-disgust. he hated that he would cry over a horse being beaten, that he had religious inclinations. thus, it became insufficient to simply reject religion, pity and weakness, he had to hate those things.

>a workhorse is weak
Even if it were weak it wouldn’t have chosen to be weak in the way that weaklings choose to be weak.

But... but le edgy philosopher man...

There's no evidence it ever happened. The facts we do know in fact make it unlikely.

That said, you're misunderstanding Nietzsche and turning him into a sadistic sociopath. Condemning Christianity for being a religion of pity doesn't mean you have to sit idly while some irritable asshole beats the shit out of an animal like an impatient imbecile.

>fucking syphilis

Did this actually happen? Just like the scene out of Crime and Punishment?

That's precisely why i think it didn't happen. Especially considering Neetche's boner for dosto

he was thinking-
Du musst aufhören zu masturbieren, Friedrich, es macht dich so faul.

How was he beta?

He suffered from a congenital condition known today as Cadasil, that had previously also killed his father and probably his grandmother.

Malwida von Meysenbug

this. I think it was just a myth, like Newtons apple or Washingtons cherry tree. I doubt it happened, but why is it then told in every intro to Nietzsche ever?

Does anyone tear up a little bit looking at Nietzsche's eyes in this photo?

no, he did his work, its ok that he died

i mean i didn't tear up but yea it is pretty profoundly sad and gave some particularly unwanted feels

>that it is immoral to pity the weak (when they're human)

[citation needed]

it saddens me that he died before finishing will to power and whatever else works he had in plan, but no more than that, he'd probably call you a weakling for feeling sorry for him if he met you

Brain Cancer or Syphilis.

Nietzsche doesn't like weak people but his definition of weak is different than the classical definition
The whipper would be weak here because he's taking out frustration out on an animal who has done nothing wrong

This was a myth, inspired by a scene in Crime and punishment. He got syphilis, like everyone else in the late 19th century.

read The Antichrist

look at

he literally does say it's immoral to pity the weak and we should let it die though

Well, it's sort of a myth. It's true that he was found by authorities on the streets of Turin, embracing a whipped horse, but he had already been undergoing a psychological break by then.

He was transforming into a walrus

Nietzsche wasn't spiteful. That's Schopenhauer you're thinking of.

you guys think Nietzsche would have become a Nazi if he had been present during the Great War?

No

He looked chil

No

He wouldn't have been a Nazi but he'd be more supportive of them than of of their feasible alternatives.

Pic related was faked.

He didn't go insane, he just got a brain tumor. Look into it.

who can possibly say how the war would have affected him?

He didn't really like antisemites

yes

He didn't like antisemites or mass movements, but I think fascist leaders are really the closest there's ever been to an ubermensch. They're dictating entirely new values with no reliance on God. He may have viewed it similarly to Evola, where he saw the Nazis and their SS as the closest thing to a revival of an aristocratic warrior class as there as been.

He was a brony

>No reliance on God
>Every fascist leader had close relation with the Catholic Church

Define "close". Nietzsche saw Napoleon as the closest existing embodiment of the ubermensch, save maybe Caesar. Mussolini, and certainly Hitler, were farther from the Catholic Church than Napoleon, so I don't see what you're on about.

>Mussolini
>Not taking private meetings with the Pope
Lol

Spengler rejected Hitler and so did Junger, Nietzsche probably would’ve grown tired of the mass movements, parades, secret police, repression of his works. He was suppressed in the mid-late 30’s in germany and ignored by the Nazis, everyone of worth except Heidegger lost love for the regime by the time the war had started. Nietzsche died before WW1 could have ravaged his consciousness too.

ikr, look at that pussy sweeper

That is an anecdote so not a verifiable event but isnt outside the realm of possibility considering the person he was. He was sick his whole life and even contracted syphilus from a brothel. Some say he may have a had a brain tumour. He had multiple strokes and went crazy the last ten years of his life.

Maybe the horse beating was a trigger somehow for his full on insanity.

understated

Stop making fun of my son

Oh, well I mean he definitely had a small penis
That's kind of intuitive

You should read properly before you criticise. A horse isn't weak for just being a horse. It can't be anything but what it is. A weak human is one who has a lack of self-mastery and therefore lets him or herself be subjugated by other people's will, comes to accept his weakness and hate himself and lose ambition, instead of striving to be something better.
A horse is just being a horse and this dude beat the shit out of it for no reason.

There's an ongoing debate regarding the etiology of his insanity, i.e. whether it was due to syphilis or chronic schizophrenia. But he definitely lost it. It also could have had something to do with the unconscionable quantities of opium and fruit he consumed from the age of 15 onwards. Digestive health is strongly correlated with mental health

wrong

Fool go lurk /r9k/ for 15 mins. Plenty of spergs there to tell how girls sort of dig them because they look attractive enough, until the open their mouths and spill autism everywhere. Neetche was autistic as fuck. Girls don't like guys that think about everything/ANYTHING too much, unless it makes them loads of dosh.

>Girls don't like guys that think about everything/ANYTHING too much, unless it makes them loads of dosh.

This is true, women are vapid

I want to believe.

He had to choose between eating pussy and keeping his moustache. He kept his moustache

>Neetche was autistic as fuck.
is there any actual proof of this or are people just imagining you have to be autistic if you're really smart and secluded

Nietzsche was the complete opposite of autistic, if anything he was closer to the schizo spectrum

>women are vapid
fucking this
i wasted years looking for a woman that would please me intellectually before i realized women are more interested in gossiping about each other and looking at handbags identical or near identical to the ones they already own rather than talking about history and philosophy

>"I'm not a chronic masturbator, no matter what they say. I'M NOT!!!"

>He doesn't know the definition of the word "Autistic"

>he got it backwards
whoops

>What was going through his mind in pic related?

>Know when to die. Know when to die. Know when to die.

Where did you learn he was an asshole? Many of his friends described him as a cheerful guy despite his maladies, though I'm sure he had his moments.