How do you keep yourself focused while reading?

How do you keep yourself focused while reading?

It takes me a whole day to even get 100-150 pages done in a book.

What are some things I can do to improve myself?

>100-150 pages
speed reading is detrimental to comprehension

Is that very little? When I say the whole day I really mean 10-15 hours straight

I think I misunderstood you. Are you saying that
1. You want to read more than the 100 pages you read every day, or
2. You're such a slow reader that to get to 100 pages you'd need to read 10 hours straight?

Increment the amount of time you read each day by five-ten minutes. Keep trying to find your absolute maximum amount of time spent reading in one session. Don't measure by pages read but rather time spent continuously reading.

try to minimize and eliminate rereading. If you have the urge to jump back a paragraph, try to remember what you just read. If you can't, reread with the clear intent of finding out its content

So to stay focused I should just take breaks and also measure the amount of time I stayed focused?

Yes.

Don't read with in your computer chair with your phone on your lap.
I move across the house to read by the window.

Did this, I find my self thinking

“Jeez how much more do I have to read”
“How much have I read?”
Then I start getting distracted in my head thinking about life and other shit
“I should eat something”
Then I procrastinate, then come back to the back and try to force myself to read some more but at this point I’m tired and not enjoying the book.

Read something thats holds your interest you retard

I think I might just be ADD or something, because the books I read do I treat me but I just lose focus.

>treat
Interest*

Typo

Yeah, thats the basis for all training

You are bad at doing something and its showing up to you

So every time you get distracted, the moment you realize your thought has wandered, curse yourself and immediately go back to reading.

Keep doing this. You probably arent in the habit of making habits, but you need repetition of something in order to make progress. You shaming yourself when you realize that you have gone off tract is your way of doing just that. After you make some progress you can think of a way to reward yourself

Not him but then I'll be wasting hours of reading time

>"guis i can't focus"
>reads 10 hours a day

m8 fuck off with this autism

Why do so many of you on this board have terrible concentration? Did your mothers drink while you were in the womb?

Just give up on reading and stick to video games or youtube videos. Your prefrontal cortexes are beyond saving.

>GOD WHY AM I SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE?

I never had a problem with concentration, I can keep reading and disregard sleep or food. What I have a problem with is starting doing something.

Did you really solve a captcha for that?

>2018
>he still doesn't have a Veeky Forums pass

moot would be dissapoint

How long should these breaks last and what should I do during them? I can't just stare into space and daydream

Fucking brainlets man, Veeky Forums has really gone to shit. If you're a grown ass man and can't stay focused then nothing will help you except adderall, go see a psychologist and fuck off my board newfriend.

It's just a sign of the times, man. Not really a personal problem as much as it is societal. Plus loads of people were big into reading as a child and now can't focus for more than a few pages at a time; it's all thanks to the Internet.

Also I'm 80% certain posts like yours are written either by the people here who don't read at all or major insecure pseuds.

>big into reading as a child and now can't focus for more than a few pages at a time; it's all thanks to the Internet.
this is me pls help

This is what happened to me as well. Internet fried my brain. I can't go more than 25/30 pages at a time before getting sidetracked.