Just picked up my copy

What am I in for, /lit?

Other urls found in this thread:

e-bookdownload.net/search/milkbottle-h-
goodreads.com/review/show/2077384992?book_show_action=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I doubt anyone on this board has read this book. Looks like some surrealist garbage

shut up

Can you post us an excerpt? This book looks intriguing.

How can he post an excerpt when he hasn't even read it yet?

How'd you manage to get one with that cover?

By opening it up and typing out an excerpt

Apparently, it's collectable enough for hardcover copies to command $75 US on Amazon. Here's link for E-book download.
e-bookdownload.net/search/milkbottle-h-

Goodreads likes it. Is that a kiss of death for Veeky Forumsards?

Here's the first page. Looks like it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing right off the bat.

definitely not something I'll be reading anytime soon.

It's the sloppy work of an edgelord narcissist, a complete waste of time. It's yet another "Jewish man complaining about his small penis and unfaithful wife" product of the 60s, except with a whole bunch of Post-Joyce stylistic masturbation which completely misunderstands Joyce and falls far short of its mark. Though if you'd like I can see if I still have pics of one passage I liked from it. But take it from me that it's mostly trash with occasional sparks.

Orlovitz is polluting the poetry pool.

Holy shit I love this, I can see the colors and shapes so vividly, the taste of the wet and dryness in it's own self irony

Nice.

looks great

what is it you like about this? I'm not feeling it personally.

Was wondering if there was a reason this was so obscure (i.e. too far-reaching for the average reader, or simply missing the mark). Why does a book like JR nail a post-Joyce style while this one doesn't?

I would like to see the passage you mentioned before I sink time into this.

I went into more detail about it here goodreads.com/review/show/2077384992?book_show_action=true

I like this part just because of the over the top edgelord qualities of it rather than any substance it has, it jumps the shark in an entertaining way. I rushed the quality of these pics because they were just for myself as reference before I returned it. It starts at "87 empty tables"

I just hope I don't catch anyone's interest because as a whole it's a really rough book

Also on this previous one I'm replying to "saltblood spumespray" is the rare occasion where the Joycean word mashup works the way it should by providing new images and context rather than most of the book where he's shoving words together just cause Joyce did it even if it adds nothing new.

This is the last one.

This is a book that you should read stoned, and to read it sober would be an utter blunder.

I saved the pages leading up to this too

And then it goes to the top of here

So everyone's clear about the title Milkbottle H refers to a landmark in Philly, a water tower in the shape of a milk bottle. It's mostly rust these days.

I almost passed out reading that. Damn.

I grew up outside of Philly then went to school and lived in Philly and never once saw this fuckin thing

This was 80 years ago. Orlovitz never hesitates to date himself.

Yep, after skimming the excerpts OP posted it's nothing but surrealist garbage.

>surrealist
Could you please learn what the term means instead of slapping it on ever single disparate piece of avant garde writing? Orlovitz is high modernist if he is anything.