My cat has a terminal illness and is going to be put down tomorrow. Books for this feel?

My cat has a terminal illness and is going to be put down tomorrow. Books for this feel?

pic is him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXmodKjluEc
youtube.com/watch?v=_QBaRy_XPvE
youtu.be/3e6D4mqpx9s
goodreads.com/book/show/35464710-stem-cell-therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there’s a nice book about cats by borroughs

get a book of Louis Wain illustrations and know that your cat will have a fine time in Catland (sometimes called Pussydom).

good point......but this thread is still doldos.

fuck off and die op.
fuck your cat too

very cute cat, I feel really bad now. Maybe reading some Yeats would help.

fuck (((cats))).

a peterson thread died for this.

youtube.com/watch?v=nXmodKjluEc

Hope you will overcome sadness, and eventually buy a new cat OP

Do you think you will be ok? I hope the awful feelings pass quickly.

Catcher in the Rye.

I've been crying all day. I adopted him less than a year ago from a shelter, along with a littermate. His name is Kafka. He and his littermate would cuddle on top of my lap while I shitpost on Veeky Forums or wrote poems. He is only 7 months old. He is dying tomorrow. His "brother" will be alone while I am at school and work and I don't know if he'll understand why he's alone now. Cats are like children; they can't understand cause and effect, but they have feelings.

I feel awful even looking at the adoption site. He is right beside me and here I am, looking for his replacement.

Yeats isn't that good, and its more about Ireland than about pets. I feel like Larkin or Bukowski would be more fitting. I am open to a specific poem if you had one in mind, however.

Hey :(

I will check it out.

At least your cat can pass after having a full and happy life with you.
The cat was a part of your life but you were its entire life, and because of you he got to share all those years with you.
I'm sorry OP, please hold and pet him until the moment he takes his last breath, so all he knows is love even in his final moments.

Hemingway - Cat in the rain

And I feel sorry for you man, get better

Sorry for you m8. Have you read Master and Margarita? The Pilatus parts were actually uplifting. And the book has a prominent cat character.

>all the soy ITT

cats are noble animals of the night user have some respect

>unfeeling narcissistic cunt

Hemingway had cats. I'm sure he cried over their deaths, too. You have to be some sort of monster or beta not to feel attached to your pets.

fuck off you bitter faggot

Very interesting.

It's a cat get over it by a farm boy (me)

guys. please kindly fuck off, the very guy said hes already looking for replacement. he wasnt even attached, same mentality all the millennial cunts have, his pet is a fucking commodity, a nice looking piece of furniture, it got broken? lets get a new one! attachment my balls.

It's what you're supposed to do. Anyone over the age of 15 shedding tears over animals needs to grow the fuck up.
>T. That farmboy above-mentioned

>I feel awful even looking at the adoption site. He is right beside me and here I am, looking for his replacement.

Totally sounds like he really wants a replacement.

@10625630
@10625682
@10626100
@10626179

samefag

He's had the cat for 7 months. How much attachment should he have?

what the fuck are you doing

Anna Karenina

very little to none, of course. but a little is to be expected, its a living creature, after all. but OP used his piece of shit dying cat to make a thread and farm for backpats he doesnt need. thats why i said "all the soy", because of you mouthbreathers getting sentimental with someone who doesnt give a fuck about his pet at all.

>guys look this fucking cat is going to die tomorrow haha. any books for this feelio, lads?
so emotional.

he's trying not to give him (you)'s. Unfortunately, he has to look retarded to do it

As if getting (you)'s is some kind of benefit. Does anyone actually care about that?

I had a cat for two months before I had to give her up. I'm still broken up over it. Miss her so much.

autists do. That's why they samefag

You're just bothered because another JP thread had to die for this one.

>guys look this fucking cat is going to die tomorrow haha. any books for this feelio, lads?

More likely it went like this:

>Hey I'm a regular poster here and my cat is dying and I don't have many/any people to talk to about it. I've always considered Veeky Forums sortof like my home.

Let the user grieve however he wants.

Hey op. Very sad to hear that :( Give him a good pet for me. I have a cat too who is getting old and his health is declining rapidly. I'm afraid I may have a feel like yours soon. I hope you get a new cat because that will probably help.

Really? Why do they care about getting them?

I only know dog books for this feel and I don't know why I don't know any good cat books. (The Art of Racing in the Rain is pretty good though, as far as dog books go.)

But I know the feeling. My had died of cardiac complications of hyperthyroidism Monday, December 18, 2017. He'd just turned 11, and I knew him since 6 weeks. He was the third cat I've lost.

This is an absolutely absurd suggestion, but have you considered a Cuddle Clone? They're a little bit expensive, and some people think they're absurd, but I've found some closure in getting a couple of them.

The Rats in the Walls

I feel like you're pulling my leg here.
attention. they just want some recognition and they're desperate enough to do stupid shit.

I'm not sure. I'm really torn up about Kafka and I would feel really guilty about replacing him. He is so sweet. On the other hand, Takkun, who was adopted at the same time, might grow lonely since I am away for so long.

I gave him a good pet just for you. He is in his cubby on my desk hiding. He isn't moving much.

It really isn't easy dealing with death, is it?

who broke you, houellebecq?

who hurt you?

am trying not to cry. this is not helping

-

Started thread because I really just wanted to talk to other anons. I know Veeky Forumsizens are cat people. This is Veeky Forums after all. You're all my brothers.

I don't see it. You can get replies to anything on here without samefagging. For instance you could probably just ask someone a series of mindnumbing questions and they would keep answering.

He was a baby.

Veeky Forums ladies and gentlemen

cute kot

As long you truly love him and remember him forever, there's nothing wrong with getting another cat, you're saving a life anyways. Also as someone who has had cats since I was a baby and never lived without one, It would feel weird for me to not have at least one.

this is a good point, I've decided to reverse my position. I'm sorry but OP I have doubts about the moral validity of your feelings and feel that you are a bad person, who is trying to garner attention in place of having a sense of self and understanding the gravity of death or the bond between a man and his cat. I think that you might be genuine, if so, please stop responding and go mourn, if this isn't the case, well you've already been thoroughly insulted and I'd imagine you won't soon forget this kind of lashing of your core being.

Man, he's only 11? that sucks dude, my grandmas cat lived to be 24 and I always assumed that most cats made it to their 20s

sorry, I'm dumb, for some reason I thought the picture was taken in 2007. I haven't slept in over 30 hours.

I used to hold his hand at night when he slept on my pillow and called him my boyfriend when I was lonely. I am not gay, but he really was the sweetest cat I've ever owned.

come to bed

I didn't mean to make you want to cry, friend, and I wasn't fully aware of your situation, but when animals are dying I tend to think only about them in their last days. I regret not just sitting and petting my dog the entire day before she was put down, I hope she knew that I loved her, and I hope your cat knows the same.

this is them about a week after I adopted. they would curl up on my lap and sleep there. He is in his cubby right now, resting. pic related

Genuinely sorry for your loss OP

What's his name?

FIP? ):

Is your other cat ok?

this is the worst feeling. it happens every time someone around me dies. i can only think that I didn't do enough for them—i wasn't kind enough or sweet enough or spend all my attention on them. i remember times when Kafka would walk across my keyboard and do the black voodoo magic that cats do—screen inverted, source code opened, and three instances of photoshop initialized.

I never understood how it happens.

I'm sorry OP.

RIP kitty
just said goodbye to my cat last July, literally the hardest thing in my life thus far
you'll make it OP, recommend getting the ashes. nice to feel like he's still around somehow, at least in memory

>who hurt me
No one really I've just experienced death in many times and ways. A pet who has lived a comfortable life being given a humane and comfortable death is sad but in a such a comparably small way that I can't fathom needing a book to cope.

Yes. Other cat is okay—Kafka developed FIP from something called Feline coronavirus. Its a mutation of an otherwise benign disease that causes fluid to build up within the cavities of the body. He has fluid constricting his lungs and his heart right now. I suspect the other cat has the virus, but his immune system and overall health is much better and able to ward off the effects of the virus.

Kafka. I will be staying up all night with him. I don't want to miss a moment.

I am a very sensitive man and I can't help it. I cry after each visit with my Dad because I love him so much. Too much soy in my childhood, I guess.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What did you do with the ashes, if I might ask? I'm worried the other cat will knock them down and I will have cat-ash all over my carpet, which I will then have to vacuum—it would be anti-poetic and goddamned sad if I had to do that.

Poor Kafka :(. He sure is a cutie. Remember that what you are doing is an act of love to help ease his pain, though that doesn't make it much easier. Losing pets when they are young is even harder. Fuck anyone who is giving you shit for being emotional, or judging you for looking at other cats, or even for posting about it here. I was torn to pieces whenever I've lost cats, and I'm crying now years later remembering them.

I know this feel :(

To all of you calling OP soy or saying it's somehow unmasculine to be emotional over a pet, know that I and every other girl I know would consider it a big red flag if you do not have it in your heart to bond and care for animals. Girls will think less of you if they learn you have such a cold and uncaring outlook. Have fun tfw no gf-posting.

they're inside a little like sort of velvety bag with a rope tie, which is then inside of a little box with a cat paw on it, vet did the whole package up
i would maybe sort of like the traditional urn better, but this is more practical, for reasons you have described
i move it around sometimes too, to different high places, since that's what he loved most

>i move it around sometimes too, to different high places, since that's what he loved most

user, I can't handle these feels right now.

The video is sideways, but here is one I found of them playing when they were wee kittens.

youtube.com/watch?v=_QBaRy_XPvE

Awwwww both of them are too cute

What is his illness? I ask because I have had misdiagnosed cats before who lived long healthy lives despite the vet's misdiagnosis..

I know where you're coming from. The other day I saw a stereotypical soy-boy get out of his car with his dog. He was a very creepy dude. He drove to a populated part of town, parked his car, and got out with his dog. For some reason, I could just tell he got a canine to pick up girls. It was unsettling, to say the least.

lol yeah, what sort of messed up weirdos get dogs?

Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP)

He fits all the symptoms, and his chest cavity was filled with fluid. They had x-rays to confirm the symptoms, and the fluid matches what was expected by the vet.
He is also:
depressed
sudden weight loss
vomiting
difficulty breathing
lethargic

I trust the vet's diagnosis. I wish it weren't true. Part of me doesn't want to go back tomorrow and go through with it, but that is childish and selfish of me to put my companion through suffering.

I'm really sorry.

I just lost my own cat recently after having her for 24-25 years. I sympathize with a lot about the gravity of it, taking it seriously and all that, because I'm weird as fuck and schizophrenic and some kind of Catholic guilt complex thing where I don't think animals deserve a second-rate pseudo-regard just because they aren't human. Suffering is suffering, and animals are even more vulnerable to disregard than humans when they suffer, so they deserve even more vigilance over their protection, and the protection of their dignity.

Which doesn't jive at all with reality, where animal life and animal suffering are meaningless and not a single person seems to understand that I didn't want to treat an animal like furniture simply because I am legally entitled to do so.

I hope you spend a lot of time with him right up until he passes. Make sure to know exactly how the procedure is going to go, so nothing catches you by surprise. Don't let them give him ketamine. Make sure he gets a sedative before the barbiturate. And comfort him the whole time.

Can you elaborate on the last part? This is the first time I've had to euthanize a pet. I wasn't there for my childhood dog's euthanization (was deployed). Why no ketamine? Do you have an resources I can look up?

I've just heard horror stories from a friend about ketamine, and I've heard about some vets using certain injections not because they are effective or humane, but because they are cheap and avoid the hassle of prepping the animal and giving it more than one injection.

I would just say do a minimum of research so you know what's going on.

F

Stay strong OP, cats are pure love so wherever their souls go after this life I'm sure it's somewhere good.

traps don't count as girls

He's asleep now. One last picture before I take a nap. I am going to miss him so dearly.

sorry OP

Condolences friend : (

Check out the essay "Animal Dreams" by Zerzan

Goodnight little kitty :(
OP, It's clear that you gave him a life filled with love

Sorry, OP.
youtu.be/3e6D4mqpx9s

I'm not Christian, But I do believe you will see him again one day. I tried writing something but my brain is fried atm. I'm sorry

Book a trip to Panama my guy
goodreads.com/book/show/35464710-stem-cell-therapy

KILL YOURSELF NIGGERS

this is really sad man like i'm gonna squirt some grown man tears at this time and it can't be avoided

rest in peace 'ol boy

putting down my 18 year old cat suffering from throat cancer was the saddest thing I've had to do

Get a new kitten. It'll make it easier.

I'm sorry, OP. A White Fang re-read might be good for you (I assume you've already read it.)

Just got a couple of kittens after my cat died last month. It's fun but a lot of work though compared to a fat old cat that did nothing but plod around and sleep

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

(Something my vet mailed me when I had to put down my friend of 18 years. Love him to the last second,then a few minutes beyond the fading spark)