Tfw no books can ever replace a true friend

Tfw no books can ever replace a true friend

Bump

Tfw a busy career and wealth can never replace books

Tfw i dont even read, have no friends and work 2 part time jobs

How is it possible to not have any friends?

Idk ive always been the outcast, people find me annoying but i just like talking

Im not even boring
>go to the gym
>listens to all kinds of music
>hikes, likes food
>like art, books, movies

:(

One of my good friends stopped talking to me a few months ago. I don't know if he hates me or if something is going on in his life, but it feels really bad, especially because I see him online a lot, and message him once in a while with no response.

:( online friend or irl friend?
What is the difference, when you feel you never could contend

Hmm, maybe just work on being more personable and less talkative. Try listening more

I do both desu

Neila?

Never had any real friends since I was in high school, only acquaintances. people I can talk too before class
Moving on in life I've learned the hard way that you have to try and make friends, and you're doomed if you're shy (until you fix it). God, I'm so lonely des

Tfw you try to make friends, and then they later exclude you from the group...

:(

You must be reading the wrong books. Books easily replaced my friends by a lot. I haven't looked back in five years.

that’s because you’re weak/annoying and they’re cutting their losses man humans are brutal in the arena of alliances and social climbing. you have to fight tooth and nail to get into groups of attractive people who have girls with them and go to parties then even harder to advance or solidify your standing. you don’t want to depend on invites and other people’s generosity socially, being handsome and outgoing, fun, socially competent is the only way to prevent being arbitrarily excluded or excised from a clique. tough but this is how people are

they are not meant to.

this.
I'm going to try and make friends with people near my social standing. As soon as I have people too fall on my confidence shoots through the roof. At that point make new friends but don't abandon your beta friends.
God community college sucks for this tho. there are no clubs here and if you don't make friends with your roomies fast then you're basically on your own unless you show up uninvited to parties and just get drunk as fuck with randoms

No ):

online, I'd wanted to visit him though and we were planning it out

i understand you, it feels like every time i walk in a room conversations stop and people just look at me in disgust even though i try my best to be as friendly and open as possible

I don't understand how people can act in a fashion that merits this kind of treatment from others. What could you possibly be doing that's so wrong?

Fuck, I just don't want to play that game.
Is that really how it is?
I literally treat everyone the same even people that are actually retarded.

I can be mean, but do I really need to show social dominance to others just so I don't get walked over?
Do I live with cavemen?

No one likes weaklings. Ever wonder why everyone hated the shy loner kid at school? it was because he was shy and weak. You just have to be confident enough to be yourself. You don't need to be a dominant alpha male unless you want girlz.

>You just have to be confident enough to be yourself
I thought I was desu..
But I'm not weak, I'm funny, smart and athletic.

A... Are you me?

yeah man you have to be assertive and outgoing always, you're competing for limited attention with other friends and

Idk, I guess I don't value time like other people do?
I hope not hope your doing okay

you just aren't good at reading people's reaction to your behavior as a group and keeping track of social resources effectively. you have a limited number of chances to be impressive or to take what's yours and if you fuck up you begin running at a deficit in comparison to your peers, if the deficit hits a certain threshhold they will start wanting to disassociate with you as you lower their relative status to other humans of merit. Men don't want a guy whose jokes never land whose advances on women are unsuccessful, who never makes plans for them, has no money, is slow or ugly or weak or weird to lower their fitness. Women too don't want men who are uncharismatic who will make their friends think they have bad taste in men or don't know how to have fun and bring weird dorks around. Its all very vicious I hope you realize this, people are animals, vicious animals

Books have been kinder to me than any "friend" has ever been

I see what your saying, but in a one on one environment I make them laugh, and and really out going.
When it's a group setting people seem to try to put me down on purpose.
Idk, I don't care to much about the politics of social structure, I understand it deeply, but it just doesn't feel right to me, so I refuse to play.

they absolutely can actually
then again i do have a few friends currently

It's very possible, user.

See

this thread just made me realize i'm autistic
fuck

:( how so?

During regular posting I often wonder why people here act so angry, bitter, and cynical even when unprompted, like just as a default. But then I see threads like this and women related threads and I remember most 4chiners are genuinely autistic and minor sociopaths
Pity

i've never been good at people but this thread really made me realize how far behind the curve I am when it comes to social intelligence LMAO

I take it it's your first week here. Everyone knows this.

GTFO ableist piece of shit

But I'm not like that contrived opinion you have built with relation to Veeky Forums at all.

I love people and don't really care how the female genders live their lives. I don't even blame other people but my self, because my life is my own acted dogma.

lmao just have books and friends you fucking pleb

>lmao just have money and bitches

>materialists

I'm an only child and when I was in Elementary school, I was very talkative, had little trouble making new friends and made silly jokes all the time.
Some guys thought I was really annoying so I toned down a bit of my comedy.
The biggest problem was that the (religious) school I attended was super strict. They threatened to expel me for 'bad behavior' about 5 times (all I ever did was talk in class).
My parents got called to the school almost every other week and seeing my mother cry time after time, because we couldn't afford another school as good as that one, it just broke my heart and I decided to do what I was told.

Fast forward 20 years to my current self. I rarely speak even around people I know, my sense of humor is utterly jaded and I have trouble meeting new people. Every time my grandma tells me I used to be such a happy go lucky and that I had the sweetest smile, I die a little inside.

It's not that hard to imagine m8. I went through HS without ever hanging out or even consistantly talking to another person day to day. If it weren't for meeting the right kind of people in college I'd still be in that state. Truly horrible, traumatic feels.

I know it's an overused diagnosis, but... autism?

I had zero friends in school, and it was basically my fault, in that I was an awkward autist who wouldn't know what to do with a friend even if someone tried. When I left school I was lucky enough to share houses with drug fucked hipsters while doing a degree, and with the help of psychedelics and conscious effort I was able to learn how to human convincingly enough to pass for normal. The funny thing is, I still don't have any friends. I have people who think they're my friends, but really they are friends with a character I learnt how to play.

You have control over that stuff user, don't let your ego dictate who you want to be.

>He thinks friends are material possessions

This. These are the rules of the game; you apprehend them or you commit suicide.

go see a therapist I have the same issues
I had the same problem as you. an entire grade of 150 kids all hated me because I was annoying. When I moved schools I overcompensated and didn't talk to anyone. took along time before I unfucked my head and made acouple of friends

>he thinks his body isn't a vehical of material goods

Lol this fucking whole idea just explicitly says we are no better than advanced Monkeys with technology.

Fucking what a sick joke
Are dreams give us light and hope, but Dogs even dream... man

Im still like the kid you, but I'm 21.. wtf do I do

See a therapist. I'm seeing one for the first time in a year tomorrow. God at least the only problem I have is I don't believe in myself. I hope I find some people that I truly like so I'm not so fucking alone. first year has been a fucking shitstorm I literally went from alpha male to omega in the space of a month

Fucking shit, it really depends on the social place doesn't it?

See for me I work at starbucks, and I'm at the bottom of the totem pole.

But when Im at the gym, or out and about I dominate the social atmosphere... I don't get it.

Status user
I hate bringing up Peterson, but he has this spot on
We all fit into a dominance hierarchy. When you dead 5pl8 you rise on the hierarchy of competence. When you're at Starbucks, you're working a shit job (you're still young, so it isn't too bad) so you're lower on the hierarchy of competence.

People at the top come off as more confident due to increased serotonin output. People sense this and are automatically attracted to him more. This is why women and other men like confidence. It says a lot about your placement on the social ladder. Now the real trick is to rise to the top of the hierarchy (you can do this several ways, and it doesn't have to be social status. the most efficient way is to become more competent. have hobbies you care about, keep lifting.) soon people will begin to grow attracted to you.

My hobbies are lifting, writing, talking about metaphysics, and reading.

Seriously. Do I come off as to pretentious?

They act like I'm a retard. Idk

Not from your posts
in real life it depends. whats you're IQ? have people ever called you smart or articulate?

Also, avoid being too intellectual straight up unless it's clear the other person likes what you're talking about. if not you'll just scare them. its been an issue me and meeting people.

also talking and reading aren't very beneficial hobbies (for the purpose of impressing/displaying competence, I'm sure there fulfilling personally) try learning something that will impress people (lifting and writing(if you're good at it) will do this) I'm buying a season pass at a ski resort so I can improve my skiing game. also buying a new paintball marker when the snow melts.

Iq is 157
I weight lift, I'm skinny but putting on muscle fast, I was really skinny for a long time because of depression.

I also snowboard but don't get to that often.

157? christ. you probably come off like a pretentious cunt man. work to dumb yourself down around people so they don't get really intimidated
>tfw I've been lifting for 6 months and didn't put on an ounce of muscle

tfw no friends can ever replace a true book

>IQ 157
>Global IQ is decreasing sharply each generation
ok user whatever you say

>>tfw I've been lifting for 6 months and didn't put on an ounce of muscle
I put a lot of research into my own body and nutrition (im also short)

Yeah you are probably right, I tend to get along more with the older people but even then we squabble.

If I act 'dumb' I feel disingenuous to my self and become depressed. :(

Thank you for agreeing with me.

To be quite honest if you think you can't have a conversation without it going south because you're too intelligent, you're probably wrong. Sounds to me like you need to learn to ignore other people's opinions in a socially acceptable manner.

surround yourself with highly open intellectual people. if your professors aren't busy go and chat with them.

I'm also pretty sure my diabetes has something to do with my muscle building capabilities. got to up my caloric intake even higher

That's not what I meant, I always look for their perspective on things and I let things slide.
But I talk about subjects very broadly.
I really don't talk out of my ass about anything

Im not in college, I come from a poor family, Im going to start community college next year.

In that case what do you think makes it hard to talk to people?

Because I want I find everyone beautiful in their own way, and I get emotions mixed up easily :*(

Same lol. Who are some of your favourite writers?

Yeah but sometimes you don't know who's got your back and who doesn't

Thats true, the ones who watch are the ones that care beyond the average

w-why are girls so mean

>I have people who think they're my friends, but really they are friends with a character I learnt how to play.
You got me.

Can you even be a minor sociopath? That implies it's a natural behavior and not learned/acquired from years of isolation.

test

>I have people who think they're my friends, but really they are friends with a character I learnt how to play.
Here's the thing, once they trust you, you can slowly drop the act a bit and turn it into something more real.

Boy you should browse Veeky Forums, that there's the full scope of autismo.

>Never had any real friends since I was in high school, only acquaintances. people I can talk too before class
>Moving on in life I've learned the hard way that you have to try and make friends, and you're doomed if you're shy (until
Are you me?

Four years of college pretty much completely friendless. My only hope is that when I graduate and move back to my hometown, that I'll have the balls to actually make the effort to reconnect with people who are still around.

>home schooled
>first semester of uni friendless, sit alone in every class
>finally get a buddy in the second semester
>I moved to a better uni this semester
>second week and I'm already the only one without acquaintances

Why didn't you sit next to anyone

did you go to clubs? I'm at a community college right now and going to state in September.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to meet people at clubs

I don't know

Go do it next time

I have one club that I'm involved in. In fact, I'm the editor-in-chief of the school's literary magazine. But I haven't made friends in it, just acquaintances. I've dabbled in a few others, but to the same result. I get the impression that besides greek life, the people at my school aren't big joiners. Hell, people were a lot more involved in extracurriculars when I was in high school.

I wouldn't dissuade you from trying it though.

>*describes completely average conditions of social shortcoming*
>"duhhhh are u me? "

Damn dude. I'm afraid now...

I always hear about people making so many new friends at college. Both my brothers made really good friends within the first weeks of the there freshmen year but I'm too autistic too.

maybe one day

hahahaha........

I don't know man. I've always been fairly introverted, but I've never been unsociable and I enjoyed high school a lot and thought I had plenty of friends. Maybe the transition to college was just too big for me and I became too intimidated to try to make new ones. Or maybe the people at my school just don't mesh with me. I don't know.

College certainly feels much more atomized than high school. High school for me really felt like a community, and I liked that. At college it's like everybody is in their own little bubble

you're literally me
I never realised before that you have to actually try to make friends in college

friends are just people you spent time with so you don’t have to be alone with your thoughts. Now a gf, that’s a connection.

yes, they can.

Nietzsche was my best friend at the age of 17

i uh have no idea......

Being a shy kid, constantly bullied for being the weakest and sperging every time with sore tears, much to their delight if I may add(I recall once they were literally cheering for me to weep). Sometimes I truly think I have some sort of high functioning autism to justify my behavior back then.
Do you know what have they told me once? They asked me with an arrogance sister with cruelty-how many friends do I have? PLEASE TELL ME, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO FEEL WHEN THEY THREATENED ME SO HARSHLY AND NOBODY GAVE A DAMN OF MY FATE?
They were in fact just...having fun...even though everyone said "lol user u smart dw dey just jelly", I knew it was only the good old will of power. It’s normal to hate on anyone who seems that much of an easy prey but still doesn’t get conquered. I forgave my bullies since then. I totally deserved what I got
At the end of my middle school years, I achieved uber-nerd status, meaning that I got some gewd results at a national contest and was basically under the protection of my teachers so nobody bullied me anymore. That was the period when I made 3 friends, outcasts just like myself. The group was to resist only till we got in HS, like every other of this kind, and then they showed their true colors: they were wannabe normies and bitter about not being normies. As soon as they found their place they departed from me gradually and at some point one of them ceased to invite me at her birthday(yes, 2 of them were grills).
I had only one more friend in HS, someone who didn’t even want to look at me in the beginning but at some point, was suddenly all over me. It didn’t take long for me to realize that the guy was a brainlet pseud and thought-because of my status-that I’m some sort of a genius. I could pass over him wanted to use me, but it became clear that he had no interest in becoming my friend. All he wanted was me to "share facts" to him(and he would do the same in return) so he could feel like less of a brainlet. Outside of that I didn't even exist for him.
Socialization is a cruel, disgusting game. To be a normalfag is to lie, to aimlessly flatter, to give yourself tons of importance, to go with the flow even when you don't want to. God how I hate these people. Fucking empty carcasses. It's like they don't even exist ffs. I NEVER want to reach that state of degradation.
Sorry but not so sorry for the blogpost, I know it's pathetic but I REALLY needed to do that. I'm fucking sad. I really wish I had at least one friend but won't risk trusting anyone ever again. Can anyone give me book recs for this feel?

no you’re a self indulgent faggot

why

Tfw no friends can replace a true gf

how much does being successful help? Like could I use the fact that I'm getting a PhD and went to a good uni to get into a popular but dumber group despite my sperginess?

Those girls look like middle schoolers bro

On one hand it sucks, but on the other hand I wouldn't trade it for anything. The biterness helps me avoid killing my creativity through oversocialization. One day I'll die and maybe then I can try the unexamined life. Until then I just hope I can find someone to love and that would get me through.